Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current State of Elyria Dec 19 2019

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Latest update from Caspien:

Caspian ☁Today at 5:13 AM

I was traveling all day today and didn't hear about the issues until 10pm. I couldn't get to a PC until midnight to investigate.
    I didn't create the problem, but you deserve better, and I refuse to rest until the site is functional again.
    You guys deserve so much better than this.
    I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused.
    But, I've done all I can tonight. The web team will revisit this stuff tomorrow.

I'm really starting to worry about the Dude's health here. Not joking.
    Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Arterius said:
    As much as I hate Star Citizins business model I will never understand how CoE didn't win worst MMO business. At least backers can play SC and there is updates all the time

When SC laumches the backers will be like 10 year vets...No one new to the game will be able to compete with these people.
    MendelGdemami[Deleted User]
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Latest update from Caspien:

Caspian ☁Today at 5:13 AM

I was traveling all day today and didn't hear about the issues until 10pm. I couldn't get to a PC until midnight to investigate.
    I didn't create the problem, but you deserve better, and I refuse to rest until the site is functional again.
    You guys deserve so much better than this.
    I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused.
    But, I've done all I can tonight. The web team will revisit this stuff tomorrow.

I'm really starting to worry about the Dude's health here. Not joking.
    All that just makes me judge him. Why the hell did he do this right before the holidays? When have they launched anything that went smoothly? Hell most gaming companies have rough launches of things. It's such a common thing to happen. Yet he left it to the last minute. 

I'm waiting for the day Caspian really looks after himself and his team by taking their time. Not trying to rush things. 
    Gdemami
  • goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Just had a quick question guys, perhaps some one would know. Does anyone know the alcoholic beverage preference of Caspian? Trying to figure out if it's gin/whiskey/mojitoes that he's throwing down in his hot tub in his winter wonderland resort he's attending since yesterday he said he was going on vacation. Courteous guy you see, as his team will be working all day this weekend and next week fixing this giant mess. Hopefully Casp will send them a holiday greeting card if he has time during his vacation.
    Just had a quick question guys, perhaps some one would know. Does anyone know the alcoholic beverage preference of Caspian? Trying to figure out if it's gin/whiskey/mojitoes that he's throwing down in his hot tub in his winter wonderland resort he's attending since yesterday he said he was going on vacation. Courteous guy you see, as his team will be working all day this weekend and next week fixing this giant mess. Hopefully Casp will send them a holiday greeting card if he has time during his vacation.
    He has clearly been taking hints from my PM. "PM away while country is burning. Yeah my team will be fine while I relax it up". "If not I can just blame their failure for another bad launch". "I really need to thank the backers for giving me enough money to take this holiday as well".

On a more serious note. The amount of times he throws his team under the bus. Why anyone would put up with that.
    Slapshot1188
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    New update from "Kain".  Not quite sure who that is...

Update: 12/22/2019 2:30pm PST

My fellow Elyrians,

Kain here. I’ll be candid with you all: we implemented a feature poorly and it caused us a lot of head and heart ache. We have identified the what, and the why, but there is an underlying problem with our implementation that needs to be fixed. For the time being we’ve had to disable the DSS Portal entirely. It will remain offline until we can ensure it is stable, at which point we’ll bring it back up, probably tomorrow.

The Settlers of Elyria event will be postponed until we address the underlying issue that caused all of this. We will make an announcement giving you notice as to when the event will relaunch some time tomorrow, the 23rd.

I want you all to know I’ve been monitoring this all weekend and pushing as hard as I can to get this event up for you. The fact that so many of you have been so supportive and understanding means the world to the team, and to myself.

When we know for sure everything is working, we’ll update again with a new launch time and date. We want to give you all ample notice and give ourselves the time to make sure we have it right.

Thank you again folks, truly. AK

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

My fellow Elyrians,

Kain here. I’ll be candid with you all: we implemented a feature poorly and it caused us a lot of head and heart ache. We have identified the what, and the why, but there is an underlying problem with our implementation that needs to be fixed. For the time being we’ve had to disable the DSS Portal entirely. It will remain offline until we can ensure it is stable, at which point we’ll bring it back up, probably tomorrow.

The Settlers of Elyria event will be postponed until we address the underlying issue that caused all of this. We will make an announcement giving you notice as to when the event will relaunch some time tomorrow, the 23rd.

I want you all to know I’ve been monitoring this all weekend and pushing as hard as I can to get this event up for you. The fact that so many of you have been so supportive and understanding means the world to the team, and to myself.

When we know for sure everything is working, we’ll update again with a new launch time and date. We want to give you all ample notice and give ourselves the time to make sure we have it right.

You know a cash grab MMO is in deep shit when they can't even pull off a cash grab event properly.
    Slapshot1188KyleranNildenAnOldFart
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

My fellow Elyrians,

Kain here.  

Kain is "AshKain," the former CU senior producer who recently joined SBS and made the formal SoE announcement on the COE forums earlier this week.

Looks like he's "minding the store" while JW is out on leave.
    tweedledumb99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Kyleran said:

My fellow Elyrians,

Kain here.  

Kain is "AshKain," the former CU senior producer who recently joined SBS and made the formal SoE announcement on the COE forums earlier this week.

CU?  Camelot Unchained?  He left CU for CoE?  Voluntarily?  Wow, what does that say about how things are going at CU?
    KyleranWenchesnmead[Deleted User]
    edited December 2019
    Kyleran said:

My fellow Elyrians,

Kain here.  

CU?  Camelot Unchained?  He left CU for CoE?  Voluntarily?  Wow, what does that say about how things are going at CU?
    before that he was at cloud imperium working on the highly anticipated Star Citizen, or in other words he only works on projects that will never launch.

https://citystateentertainment.com/team-member/ash-kain/

A master of machinations, sorcerer of schedules, and tyrant of tasks

It does say he is a sorcerer of schedules, which explains why Settlers is out at this time and not after the holidays, don't you just feel the magic in the air?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Kyleran said:

My fellow Elyrians,

Kain here.  

No idea about the circumstances,  might not even be true, was just something a poster said in the official annoucement thread, AshKain neither confirmed nor denied the info.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    edited December 2019
    State of Elyria:  Still debating on whether we want to either work on a game or make another catastrophic cash grab event that extorts our own consumer base without verifying if it is actually working™
    WBadger said:
    State of Elyria:  Still debating on whether we want to either work on a game or make another catastrophic cash grab event that extorts our own consumer base without verifying if it is actually working™
    But come on now, Caspian recently said that next year there will be something to test, shouldn't that be good enough?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    WBadger said:
    But come on now, Caspian recently said that next year there will be something to test, shouldn't that be good enough?
    Something to test? What, their backers patience?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranSlapshot1188StaalBurgher
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    These COE threads are funny.

You might almost think there was a game in development here.
    edited December 2019
    It's actually sickening, Caspian is away in the mountains away from his pc on vacation while his team is stuck in the office being stressed a couple days before xmas. Why would anyone work for this clueless CEO? If my boss treated me this way i would find a new job asap.

discount is up to 5% now, every day they are losing thousands of dollars, hope they can learn from this fiasco.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    They aren't losing money on a Dutch auction, they aren't taking in as much possible.  Players are smart, even those that support this game.  They will wait until the prices drop into their comfort level.  If they wait long enough, maybe they can cut Caspian's vacation short.

But, the only people likely to lose money may be those that purchase anything from SBS.

Gdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Oh is there anything better than a random dude leaking NDA info on their own forums. For anyone interested: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34488/prealpha

Now we wait until he gets banned. 
    Gdemami
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    WBadger said:
    Nope, no benefit of the doubt for team leads who have welched on every date they've considered and royally fucked up on every action they have done.  And then thrown their team under the bus when they discover that their promises are wholly unrealistic and runs away for holidays before more fuck ups happen.

KyleranGdemami
    edited December 2019
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34489/Settlers-of-Elyria-Update

Looks like they suspended settlers of elyria until 2020, when they resume it the discount will start at 3%...so much for Caspian saying the discount will continue going down while Settlers is offline, smart man, why throw away perfect money?

I have two thoughts on this.

1] Finally a smart decision  starting Settlers after the new year, i applaud Caspian for this decision, let your employees enjoy the holiday break.

2] Absolutely a terrible PR decision to halt the daily 1% discount because just a few days ago Caspian said there will be NO STOPPING of the 1% daily discount while the event runs, how can the CEO go back on his word a couple days later? Soulbound Studios need to get their act together, very amateur.
    Gdemami
  • MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    I feel like the progression of this game's development is like the scene in Grandma's Boy where the weird guy working on the one game keeps having the head of the character fall off...
    @goldboyy45

You should be used to this, it's just DSS all over again. 
    "Nothing will be stopped, we just need a few more days"

It shows they have learned nothing and probably never will.
    Gdemami
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Its strange, almost like the same thing keeps happening over and over again. If you cant learn from your mistakes....
    Gdemami
    Torrsk said:
    @goldboyy45

Hopefully the state of Elyria letter is not delayed, remember it's due in the next few days.
    Torrsk said:
    @goldboyy45

Hopefully the state of Elyria letter is not delayed, remember it's due in the next few days.
    Be very surprised if that drops this year. Last report, Caspian hasn't even started writing it. 
    Gdemami