Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird issue with mechanical keyboard

BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
edited December 2019 in Hardware
Hi people,

So yesterday I was using my computer normally with no issues, then I leave the system on (went to sleep mode) and come back home a couple hours later. When I go back to wake up the system, I noticed my M key not working. I got a few spare switched supplied with the keyboard I bought and decided to swap em out. Still no luck, won't do anything with the M key. So, I tried unplugging and replugging and that's where shit goes crazy. From that moment I get getting the m spammed everywhere. This would pause for a second if I typed something else then resume. Tried restarting the system couple times, change usb port, blowing in the key slot, going to troubleshooting which said nothing was wrong... to even uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them again. 

Gave up, and pulled out my old merc stealth keyboard (best keyboard ever imo) and started using it. Perfect timing for issues as I had a deadline... I needed to write an essay before the day ended. Anyway, today I tried again plugging the keyboard and it's working fine no issues. I wrote this all with it.

Should I be worried? I was already looking for alternatives (tenkeyless a must which limits the options) even though I'd rather not shell that much since christmas and new years are around the corner.

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I'd wait until it spazzes out again before replacing it. Could have been a one-off.

If it does it again though - yeah, then it's toast.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    possible memory overflow or some memory bug, when you take it out and leave it without power for some time enough to let the keyboard lose all power it did clean the memory
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    DMKano said:
    I had the same thing happen to me and it was a bad board - I had this happen - started with one key, then a day later about 7 other keys stopped working. 

I hope it's still under warranty if not - time to buy a new keyboard
    I've had it since 31st January 2018.

It's still working tough so I guess I'll wait and see if it happens again. If problems appear again I was considering the logitech G413 even though it's not a tenkeyless as on amazon it has a 67% off until the 23rd.