Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted to check up on an old anime-like MMO that I played years ago, but can't remember its name

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited December 2019
    Tree of Saviour

Kritika Online

• XNyxXXNyxX Member UncommonPosts: 30
    hmm kritika online definitely has the fast combat and anime style that the game had, but it wasn't as much like a fighter game like that one seems to be
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Vindictus?
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    9 Dragons? 
    It wasn't kung fu based but more fantasy anime style; I don't think it was RWBY either, but it did have fast combat like that.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Eden Eternal? 
    It definitely had anime-like characters like that, but was less colorful and cutesy; that does look like a cute game though ^_^
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Hmm at a loss, Age of Wushu maybe? 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Was this a western release? If you google similar games you get "people also searched for" try looking through some of those games. It might also help if you narrow down a year.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited December 2019
    XNyxX said:
    It definitely had anime-like characters like that, but was less colorful and cutesy; that does look like a cute game though ^_^
    You are sure it was an mmo? Continent of the 9th seal? Though I don't see it as "anime - ish"

https://www.mmorpg.com/continent-of-the-ninth-seal/previews/the-ruined-empire-expansion-preview-1000006759

bleh, Rojo beat me to it.

There is a game called "Mind 0" that isn't an mmo but has a scythe wielding pc character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6oDJpcbINM
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Silkroad, Cabal Online, 4Story?
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Yep, i'm positive it was an mmo. Doesn't look like it was any of those games, although soul worker looks like a lot of fun; it didn't have that modern of towns and stuff though. I'm guessing it was probably something not so popular, so not sure if I'll be able to find it, but I really appreciate all the help! I hadn't heard of a lot of those games so it's been fun checking them out.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2019
    It would help alot if you can remember who published the game. Whas is Aeria Games, Webzen, G Potato, Suba Games, Perfect World?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2019
    Are we even sure it existed at this point and wasn't just all in your head? Usually there would a npc or something really definitive someone would remember rather than just some very vague details. Plus your post count has me wondering....
    edited December 2019
    Unfortunately I really can't remember the publisher, but I really wish I could u_u
    Yes, it really existed, it was just a long time ago so I only remember bits and pieces; I can see parts of it in my memory. Even though i'm new, I'm not a spammer nor do I have the desire to do so; I came here specifically for help in remembering this obscure title, but knew it would be a long shot as it didn't have an overly large population at the time I played.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    DMKano said:
    This thread is a sad reminder of how many crap MMO's ive played....

we are all in this together
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    XNyxX said:
    Unfortunately I really can't remember the publisher, but I really wish I could u_u
    Yes, it really existed, it was just a long time ago so I only remember bits and pieces; I can see parts of it in my memory. Even though i'm new, I'm not a spammer nor do I have the desire to do so; I came here specifically for help in remembering this obscure title, but knew it would be a long shot as it didn't have an overly large population at the time I played.
    weelllllll  if it wasn't just a dream MMO and it really existed, try and think about mechanics. 

Think about specific classes, anything that seemed extraordinary. Level up mechanics, special monsters or bosses, events, NPC names, or special shops, any cash shop items that were memorable. 

Anything aside from the generic could help us narrow it down.
    rojoArcueid

Albatroes said:
    Are we even sure it existed at this point and wasn't just all in your head? Usually there would a npc or something really definitive someone would remember rather than just some very vague details. Plus your post count has me wondering....

;) Calm down fam, the OP wasn't sent by Q. This has become a fun challenge for some of us. I know how the OP feels,  I also have details of an event in a game and I can't remember which game it's from because a) it was a long time ago, b) I have played so many damn MMOs and games in the last 20 years It's been impossible to narrow down. Not to mention many games have one time events, so there's that. It's just one of those things these forums are good for, someone here may remember this game the OP is talking about. 
    rojoArcueid[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited December 2019
    Also OP mentioned a big statue in the center of a main city made of stone bricks or something like that... Do you remember what was the statue? A dragon, a Human, etc...

Could it be War of Angels?

I don't remember ever flying in this game, but hey the main city is made of stone and has a giant dragon statue in the center :neutral:

EDIT: yupp, it has flying.

edited December 2019
    I'm trying to remember other things that really stood out to me, but unfortunately a lot of those things are also common among a lot of other MMOs as well; it seems they all seem to kind of borrow a lot of concepts, such as flying, player markets/auctions, marriage systems, etc.
    I remember the 'new' class really standing out to me, and I thought for sure she had a scythe as that's something uncommon that would draw me right away, but for some reason I'm also very vaguely remembering some kind of battle orbs or something too (may have been another class too I suppose).
    I know the more populated city was one I had to fly to because I was too low of a level to technically be there, and it was a large city bordered by a large stone wall and had many stone pathways that were a bit confusing (so I found myself flying up high to find certain buildings or npcs to see which way to go). I spent a lot of time looking at player shops to browse cosmetic items and I remember crafting dyes a lot too to trade; outfits in the cash shop would come to you in a random color, and also crafting dyes would give you a random color, so I spent a lot of time trying to get black or blue dyes. In the higher levels in order to access party dungeons, I remember there being a set of NPCs you had to talk to that each had different level requirements. In the center of this city I remember there being a large saucer with a large statue (I think it was a dragon) and a few NPCs that offered certain quests. I did join a small community that had their own website and would hold little contests by taking screenshots of somewhere within the large open world and the members would have to guess the location.
    Within this town I remember there being a small courtyard for conducting and celebrating character marriages as well, although it wasn't something that really interested me.
    edited December 2019
    Also OP mentioned a big statue in the center of a main city made of stone bricks or something like that... Do you remember what was the statue? A dragon, a Human, etc...

Could it be War of Angels?

I don't remember ever flying in this game, but hey the main city is made of stone and has a giant dragon statue in the center :neutral:

EDIT: yupp, it has flying.

That one definitely has the closest looking towns and field areas, but the dragon statue was one that was very high up that you had to fly up to in order to access the NPCs that were stationed next to it.

Do you remember the races in the game? human, elves, cat people, etc...
    Also, what was the perspective of the game? you said 3D before, but did you play your character from behind like Tera, or did you see the game from above like Diablo? most 3D mmorpgs let you do both freely but some older ones dont.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    I dont know if this has been suggested, a lot has already been covered but
    Avabel Online?
    I don't really remember much about races for some reason, but I know it had a lot of the typical classes, like warrior, mage, and I think there was a dual blade one too. For the perspective it was definitely third person (the camera was behind your character)
This discussion has been closed.