Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happens when you build a Cash-Shop game for the Whales

2»

Comments

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Utinni said:
    I just don't play games when I don't agree with their business model. No need to force yourself to invest in a game that will make you miserable/complain online.
    The problem here is, their business model was fine at the start, at least personally speaking. When they starting selling adventures that seek you out and coins which save you from death, even if it's one. That goes against their own idea. The point of the game was not everyone is meant to be the hero. Then started selling unique adventures. I really don't see how a publisher selling "pay to win" stuff would even be any worse. 

Yet the worse thing is, SBS fallback line is "well not many people have bought it, compared how many people play the game". Note they are thinking hundreds of thousands will play the game. So the few thousand/s that bought all these items now, aren't much in the grand scale of things. Even though it's doubtful there would be 100k across all the servers.

The whole point of "complaining" is hoping they don't do it again. Not that it ever does anything when they think they have done nothing wrong of course.
    AnOldFartKyleranGdemamiDeveron
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Massively just posted a great article on this sale/event.  It makes great reading.  They call SbS out on the bullshit.   Let’s see how MMORPG’s article will read.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    edited December 2019
    I would legit pay money for the entertainment i get watching this trainwreck. So, settlers has started...and just like that it's on pause with website issues and they took the site down...they claim 1 hour delay, we'll see how long that will take. This meme here made my day, i had a great laugh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChroniclesOfElyria/comments/ec9m6m/anchors_away/
  • goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    edited December 2019
    Massively just posted a great article on this sale/event.  It makes great reading.  They call SbS out on the bullshit.   Let’s see how MMORPG’s article will read.
    A great read, grab your popcorn. Pay close attention to the ivory tower once again defending this. Is there anything these white knights won't defend from this studios?

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34443/npcs-purchasing-domains
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    A great read, grab your popcorn. Pay close attention to the ivory tower once again defending this. Is there anything these white knights won't defend from this studios?

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34443/npcs-purchasing-domains
    You already know the answer. People thousands of dollars into the game. Even if Caspian said he will have a cash shop post launch, they would still defend it. Can't save these people.
    Gdemami
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    ***Raises hand to answer question asked in thread*****
    answers - you get star trek online