Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted to check up on an old anime-like MMO that I played years ago, but can't remember its name

XNyxXXNyxX Member UncommonPosts: 30
edited October 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I remember playing this free, 3D, open-world mmo that was pretty fun to play, but can't remember for the life of me what it was called. I remember at the time I was playing they had just come out with this new female blade class that I think had a scythe or something, and the combat was fast-paced and fairly fluid. Other random things I remember were characters having the ability to fly, the cash shop outfits you could buy would come in a random color (black and white being the rarest), so there was a lot of trading going on, the largest main city was mainly brick, had a lot of different pathways, and I believe had a large statue at the center that you could fly up to (there were a few NPCs there you could take quests from). Does anyone happen to remember this one? I was wanting to see if it was even still around out of curiosity.

EDIT: Even thought it's a long shot, I recently remembered the class not having a scythe, but i think some type of blade orbs or something; i know it was something weird and unique like that. There was also this battle axe class loli character that was really popular; she would lug around this giant axe and do spin attacks a lot to decimate enemies.

Games that have been ruled out: aion, avabel, war of angels, heroes of incredible tales, forsaken world, divine souls, aika online, mabinogi, soul worker, RWBY, silkroad, cabal online, 4story, mind zero, c9, age of wushu, flyff, eden eternal, echo of souls, 9 dragons, vindictus, kritika online, tree of saviour, age of wushu, aura kingdom, skyforge, devilian, closers, tera, jade dynasty, rusty hearts, grand fantasia, dragon nest, dragon's prophet, revelation online, raiderz, rappelz, riders of icarus, blade and soul, perfect world, PSO (and PSO2), allods, league of angels, scarlet blade, archage, continent of the 9th seal

Post edited by XNyxX on

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2019
    was it action combat (click to attack)? or tab target (click to select target)?

Also do you remember how long has it been since you played it? that would help narrow it down to older games or only newer ones.

EDIT: if the game is tab target it might have been Perfect World International. That's the one i remember people flying on top of a big statue in the main city. Or perhaps Jade Dynasty by the same team, but i think JD shut down.

• XNyxXXNyxX Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited December 2019
    I think it was click to attack, but it's been over 5 years ago that I played it, so my memories are pretty fuzzy. It definitely wasn't PW, as I do remember playing that around when it first came out, but it was probably around that same timeframe. Hmm, just looked up Jade Dynasty and although it does have very similar elements, it doesn't look exactly like the one I'm trying to find; it had more anime-style characters.

EDIT: I think I remember there being a giant, flying ship too that you could travel to for new skills or something
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    While I don't play it personally (not a big fan of action combat), but eastern action MMO with flight, or at least glide, sounds like Blade&Soul... or maybe not.
    Aion has flight too, but I don't remember scythes - sure I'm not much into Aion either :) 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited December 2019
    I know the game you speak of, I think it was B&S

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited December 2019
    I did play B&S for a while, but the game I'm looking for is a lot older than that; it didn't have nearly the graphics as B&S did either XD
    Yeah, I didn't like Aion much after a while since it was so p2w that it was just crazy to me to keep playing.
    edited December 2019
    Not Rappelz or Riders of Icarus is it?

SWG Bloodfin vet

edited December 2019
    Hmm, those two don't look familiar at all unfortunately. Gah, I wish my memory was better lol I remember way back looking at a youtube video of the game before I decided to download it, but unfortunately it won't let me go back that far in my video history u_u
    I remember in the video the guy had created a small, dark pink haired character that had like a giant battle axe or something like that, and was just smashing through enemies
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I think you might mean Tera, the class would be Valkyrie. You can also play a small guy with a giant axe and the combat is more action based.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Tiller
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

I originally thought that too, but the character models and classes don't look familiar. It kind of had a look that was a cross between jade dynasty and tera though.
    edited December 2019
    RaiderZ? lol

I remember recently playing a game that was similar. Though it was a newer MMO, like within the last 3 years. It was some Korean MMO that died really fast. I remember it was was in beta for a few months, launched and in less than a year died. I remember there was this giant statue you could fly around, and something about swimming picking up clams out of the ocean of these docks.

SWG Bloodfin vet

I remember when I created the scythe class character that she had a color scheme of silver, black, and light blue in the character creation screen i think, and her default flight ability was in her shoes I believe? The playerbase didn't seem to be overly large either, but the main town always had a bunch of people selling stuff; their characters would be sitting with their shop title above their character.
    Revelation Online? though i don't remember seeing giant Axes or Scythes in that game.

edited December 2019
    Revelation Online? though i don't remember seeing giant Axes or Scythes in that game.

That's the game I was trying to remember. It was a f2P MMO, but I kind of liked it.

rojoArcueid
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited December 2019
    Tiller said:

That's the game I was trying to remember.

Also Dragon's Prophet, that one i know had Scythes and Axes, and got axed as well lol.
    [Deleted User]

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Aion may be ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited December 2019
    C9 (Continent of the Ninth Seal) had a Scythe wielding female class too but i don't remember you could fly there.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Grand Fantasia?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited December 2019
    op ask for anime like, and people toss random games....

let me toss in was a game who had a witch with a scythe a half vampire with sword or axe, and I think a fighter, who then after they put a female gunner?

I don't remember players shop though

the game was called rusty hearts, closed anyway
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

let me toss in was a game who had a witch with a scythe a half vampire with sword or axe, and I think a fighter, who then after they put a female gunner?

OP said anime-like, but OP also said it looked like a mixture between Tera and Jade Dynasty, also has flying. Also has a flying ship you could travel to? that one made it more difficult.

XNyxX said:
    I originally thought that too, but the character models and classes don't look familiar. It kind of had a look that was a cross between jade dynasty and tera though.

Try Aura Kingdom. It has most of the stuff you mentioned except action combat and a giant ship (that i know of).
    It might not be it but it's the closest i've found so far from the F2P anime-like mmos i've played.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited December 2019

OP said anime-like, but OP also said it looked like a mixture between Tera and Jade Dynasty, also has flying. Also has a flying ship you could travel to? that one made it more difficult.

hence why I ignored the ship, possible fuzzy memory, and when mention anime like I think on bright colors, also what could limit was the scythe, not many games have a scythe as a starting weapon,

I guess the game is out of comission, I sure as hell don't remember a game like this, and i'm old, played more games I care to admit, or the very least I heard about it, also i'm limiting to MMOs, also i'm limiting it to really old games, I think closers had a scythe wielder, but the game is not 5 Yo I belive

devilian had one I belive too

dar age of camelot had one but no flying

skyforge? also scythe

vindicus also have a scythe.

I think a newer class have with a scythe, aura kingdom

i'm cutting the flying from the report because messy memorys really damage the search, you need to lockdown on what you are 100% sure and preferently unique, games with scythe classes are not that common so I just lock on that to search.

example is aion don't have scythe so I don't even need to mention,
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Age of Wushu? Continent of the Ninth Seal?

Gut Out!
    Asheram

What, me worry?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Could check out Forsaken World as well, kind of hits all of those, but their classes are race locked, not gender.
    It seems a lot of the games mentioned have some similarities, but none look familiar so far; starting to wonder if it was an obscure one I found that is most likely closed now. I wish I could copy and paste the images I get in my mind when remembering bits and pieces of it lol I mentioned the jade dynasty earlier as the town in it looked very similar, but the style was more like tera.
This discussion has been closed.