Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Star Wars Galaxes Remastered Emu Server Launched - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Star Wars Galaxes Remastered Emu Server Launched - MMORPG.com

A new Star Wars Galaxies Remastered EMU server has launched. Here are the details.

Read the full story here

NorseGod

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    nice never tried it!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    precu mechanics with NGE loot, awesome
    Hatefull
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I'll stick to the established more authentic experience servers. At this point I prefer NGE over pre-cu anyways. With self buffs, boxing, xp rates boosted this seems more like a solo server than anything.
  • LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    I would empty my bank account for a new STAR WARS MMORPG... With new technologies now and days it would be sickkkkkkk.
    Tillergastovski1Dryxaline
  • shinobi4444shinobi4444 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    As much as I loved SWG and still think it was da best mmo ever pre NGE- CU . Best Crafting system still to this day, i want a new Star Wars MMO with real time action based combat. Swing your lightsaber with your mouse.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Swing your lightsaber with your VR helmet handheld accessory. This is 2019 after all. :-)

Have fun
    [Deleted User]kinkyJalepenoAsm0deus
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well as long as VR is NOT a requirement, I'll give this a look.
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Best mmorpg ever! (for me) had amazing amazing experiences in pre-cu, going to check this out, thank you mmorpg.com for this wonderful news item :)
    neutrinoide
  • fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    As much as I loved that game, it just doesn't feel official. Needs to be legally sold, released, and with an active "non-afk botting" community.
    etlarMendel
  • CobaneCobane Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Lets get a crew together and play together!!
  • AyliarAyliar Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited December 2019
    There’s 10 or 15 servers like this. It’s just server specific customizations. Every emu server has them. Using the title “Remastered” is misleading. They haven’t remastered anything, they’ve changed some base server settings is all.
    Asm0deus
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Arterius said:
    My biggest MMO regret was never being able to play this game in its prime thanks to me being to young.

I tried to play on a EMU, one of the rare games I done that for, but the game seemed so dead. If anyone knows of a well populated EMU Server for SWG I would be very thankful
    Most people I know are waiting for the SWGEMU's server to launch after their beta wipe. And I'm not grinding a third time. I would be burnt out. I would wait, if I were you. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Arterius said:
    My biggest MMO regret was never being able to play this game in its prime thanks to me being to young.

I tried to play on a EMU, one of the rare games I done that for, but the game seemed so dead. If anyone knows of a well populated EMU Server for SWG I would be very thankful

It was a pretty tight-nit community back in the day server to server. Most people knew each other in and out of the game, even if we were opposing factions. It was easy to see the same players day to day, and you actually would recognize folks. We had trash talk; but it wasn't as toxic, more office cooler sports fanatic level. I've haven't seen that level community commendatory in any MMO since.
    HatefullKalinova
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CobaneCobane Member UncommonPosts: 151
    This New Star Wars Galaxies Remastered Emu Server seems to be the only one you dont need your old discs for, am I wrong?
  • AyliarAyliar Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited December 2019

Cobane said:

This New Star Wars Galaxies Remastered Emu Server seems to be the only one you dont need your old discs for, am I wrong?

That’s a legal technicality that’s been argued across emu communities for 14 years. The only right answer is no one knows.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Tiller said:

Arterius said:

It was a pretty tight-nit community back in the day server to server. Most people knew each other in and out of the game, even if we were opposing factions. It was easy to see the same players day to day, and you actually would recognize folks. We had trash talk; but it wasn't as toxic, more office cooler sports fanatic level. I've haven't seen that level community commendatory in any MMO since.

I think a large part of it was because people generally tends to by guns and armor from the same few well-known crafters :D

I remember I was playing a neutral as a smuggler selling slices and spices to both factions lol

I think Benico Del Toro's line in the Star Wars movie reflect the neutral traders view in SWG best:

"It's all a machine, partner. Live free, don't join."

:P
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Cobane said:

I think you are correct

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    For me I've tried both pre nge and nge and pre nge had like nothing to do no speeders no space ships just like little content, found it quite boring. I like Swg Legends but I wish someone would rework the combat of the game and make it more modern at least a more modern form of tab target some of the systems in the game are archaic in comparison . But it is still the best sandbox MMORPG I have ever played just wish the combat was a bit better
  • zakinzakin Member UncommonPosts: 46
    This was my first ever mmo. I will say I prefer the CU to Pre-CU The fact you had to be buffed to wear most armor made no sense. I loved the housing and crafting most of all was the best in any game hands down. I would pay anything for a updated version of this game with same housing and crafting with all the bugs and combat professions fixed would be a dream come true 
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Torval said:

Erillion said:

Swing your lightsaber with your VR helmet handheld accessory. This is 2019 after all. :-)

Have fun

People have been waiting for this. People have had light saber fantasies forever. This article made me laugh. https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/ebgkde/til_that_multiple_star_wars_lead_actors_have/

The Vader Immortal series is 100% nerd-tastic. In the 3rd ep. we even get force powers to use but the light saber combat is epic in VR.
    [Deleted User]
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited December 2019
    fcwedd said:
    As much as I loved that game, it just doesn't feel official. Needs to be legally sold, released, and with an active "non-afk botting" community.
    I guess you never played retail SWG then?  AFK botting was a practically a (non-official) feature lol.  People created bot macro´s to sell buffs, crafted items, etc.  It was part of the game.
    Erillion
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited December 2019

Utinni said:

I'll stick to the established more authentic experience servers. At this point I prefer NGE over pre-cu anyways. With self buffs, boxing, xp rates boosted this seems more like a solo server than anything.

It´s the only way to make it playable a this point in time. The EMU servers don´t have the population to provide an authentic experience.

I have tried playing on the original SWGEMU servers several times, but the servers are just dead 99% of the time.

But seriously. I am just done with SWG and can no longer be bothered trying out these EMU´s. I experienced the original SWG from launch til NGE and had the time of my life. I rather hold on that memory and move on, than playing these bugged to hell, half functioning EMU monstrosities.
    Erillionzakingrimal
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Anything like the legendary  "Cantina Crawls" on the EMU servers ?

Have fun

Arterius said:

I'll second SWG Legends. Don't let the NGE haters put you off they are idiots. It's got loads of content, decent community for a private server, and actual support staff. Unlike the EMU servers Legends uses the final games actual code as their base.
    JeroKane said:

Utinni said:

It´s the only way to make it playable a this point in time. The EMU servers don´t have the population to provide an authentic experience.

I have tried playing on the original SWGEMU servers several times, but the servers are just dead 99% of the time.

But seriously. I am just done with SWG and can no longer be bothered trying out these EMU´s. I experienced the original SWG from launch til NGE and had the time of my life. I rather hold on that memory and move on, than playing these bugged to hell, half functioning EMU monstrosities.
    That's because most SWG players play NGE since theres an accurate codebase and content.