Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Daystrider Creature Revealed - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Daystrider Creature Revealed - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation have revealed their newest creature, the Daystrider.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Jet another video... the batlle royale is dead... hurry up and keep working on your fcking game idiots!!
    ValentinaRaquisichihaifuSamhael
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    edited December 2019

hoenens1 said:

Jet another video... the batlle royale is dead... hurry up and keep working on your fcking game idiots!!

Is this video not them working on their game? Don't think they would bother spending resources on making mounts and videos of them as they're completed if there was nothing for them to be used in also in development.

So bored of these idiotic kinds of posts. Get some new material at the very least.
    [Deleted User]Maurgrim
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Anybody know the name of the program they used in the beginning of video thats blender?
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388

hoenens1 said:

So the people who are responsible for making the video are not the people who are responsible for making the game.

Making the video doesn't take anything away from their game development time.

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    cash grab project, this game is already dead and is not even finished.
    ichihaifu
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    When was the last time AoC devs showed us something that was not a mount or cosmetic item?
    Alomar[Deleted User]

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    They are making mounts so they can sell them later nothing about gameplay from the mmo though
    Alomar
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2019
    I dont know man....when you look up "Ashes of Creation gameplay" on youtube recent thing on youtube related to the mmorpg is from like last year (unless you want to count that 'gameplay teaser' that just looked like it was ripped from the BR). They wouldn't get as much flack if they just put out actual mmorpg gameplay every quarter or so, especially before advertising new 'cosmetics.' Show a quest or some garbage. I dont think that's too much to ask for. Hell, before they were showing off dungeons and open-world gameplay, then that suddenly stopped.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    edited December 2019

Albatroes said:

I dont know man....when you look up "Ashes of Creation gameplay" on youtube recent thing on youtube related to the mmorpg is from like last year (unless you want to count that 'gameplay teaser' that just looked like it was ripped from the BR). They wouldn't get as much flack if they just put out actual mmorpg gameplay every quarter or so, especially before advertising new 'cosmetics.' Show a quest or some garbage. I dont think that's too much to ask for. Hell, before they were showing off dungeons and open-world gameplay, then that suddenly stopped.

Stopped because they found a huge technical problem that they had built to that point on, and had to fix it before building the rest otherwise the entire thing would have had significant issues by the time they got closer to launch. They found this through the BR mode, by the way, and if they had launched the game without that data people would freak out about that, too and accuse them of not doing enough testing early on in the first place :P This is an indie start up studio that's only 2 years post-kickstarter, it's not like they are swimming in the huge amounts of cash flow and developer numbers AAA studios have access to (yes, I know about Steven Sharifs additional personal investment) but even he would not be able to afford the budget an AAA studio can. I really want to see more MMO gameplay myself, but I don't see any point in getting bothered by it until probably summer at the very earliest.
    [Deleted User]ValdheimWaanSamhael
  • zya4254zya4254 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    this game sounds like scam. Search for foundations for years , and reached their amount , but never have a real version of this, beware of it
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    wow, I remember when WOW was being created it was a big deal when the released the drawings of the mountain lion
  • magentowizardmagentowizard Member UncommonPosts: 17
    They need to work on the faces of the people. They all look dead like zombies, just mindlessly looking forward.
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited December 2019
    Who cares about some random mob or mount in a game?

I only care so much as to wonder.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looks ok but can you do anything with pets beside ride and carry stuff?

In Atlas my pets can do combat and harvest/carry stuff as well i can breed them into new colored offspring with better stats.

The pets also level up their stats,so yeah i EXPECT at least that layer of depth in games now with pets.

Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Wizardry said:

In Atlas my pets can do combat and harvest/carry stuff as well i can breed them into new colored offspring with better stats.

The pets also level up their stats,so yeah i EXPECT at least that layer of depth in games now with pets.

Only problem there is I associate pets being able to do more and more things with a game economy that needs you to do more and more things and maybe go to the cash shop and pay for them.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    looks really good..

i hope they do the combat right.. and not one shotting people
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Is there a playable Gumby to ride the Daystrider?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Very Ryzom like feel on this screenshot.
    Yet I still want to see the game.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388

Scot said:

Wizardry said:

Only problem there is I associate pets being able to do more and more things with a game economy that needs you to do more and more things and maybe go to the cash shop and pay for them.

So there are three types of things that they are putting in their cash shop, but the important part to remember is that what they are selling are cosmetics skins, not the actual mounts, pets, or buildings.

The freehold skins, are skins that change the appearance of the building, but not the nature or function of the building.

The mount skins you will still have to have an appropriate mount to put the skin on. So land, gliding or flying (to date they have no sold any flying mount skins since those are restricted to 10 per server [monarchs and metro mayors])

The pet skins are either cosmetic pets (they follow you around and do nothing) or battle pet skins (but they only change the fashion, not the function of the pets).

Kyleran
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Ok, new creature. *draws three notes from a hat* ok,ok! We got !! Antilope, anteater aaand giraffe!! The design is complete!
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

mussolini said:

Anybody know the name of the program they used in the beginning of video thats blender?

Thats Zbrush :), they might have had it through blender or another 3d software to create the low poly afer that, then substance painter for texure and then into unreal. :)
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Omfg, anteater mount... take my money :D
    Kyleran