Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few questions on the TL server.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited December 2019 in Everquest II
I played several months ago and had fun but didn't take it too seriously like I usually do.  I think I was in video game burn out at the time.

Two questions:
-Are they still on the original game, or did they add expansions yet ?
-How is the population, please give details ?

One thing I learned the last time I played was the importance of crafting food and drink and how it "greatly increases" your strength and health.... This gives an entire new meaning to crafting I've never felt before :)

I will say, I'm still on the fence and will drop anything to play Saga of Lucimia every time it's available.  
Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Not sure when this post was made because they did progression servers a very long time ago and already did expansions as well.To prove what a joke progression servers are and that players only speedrun these games,the players were crying with anger for expansions after one month.

Food/drink has always been a peeve of mine,it is NOT done well,FFXI DOES do food very well.Food Drink is done as OOC which is a dumb idea that nobody had the common sense to change.

The other design that i no longer care for is GEAR progression,just like Wow you need the better gear to do the Tougher zones.Combat should always be more about YOU the player,what abilities you use and when,how you use your resources,your choice of weapons etc etc.

IMO EQ2 is better than Wow,both released around the same time,go figure identical games at the same time,definitely some copy cat game design going on there,somebody had inside information.

All early mmorpg's were a nice "template"some good ideas but implementation should be improved by newer games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited December 2019
    Wizardry said:
    Not sure when this post was made because they did progression servers a very long time ago and already did expansions as well.To prove what a joke progression servers are and that players only speedrun these games,the players were crying with anger for expansions after one month.

Food/drink has always been a peeve of mine,it is NOT done well,FFXI DOES do food very well.Food Drink is done as OOC which is a dumb idea that nobody had the common sense to change.

The other design that i no longer care for is GEAR progression,just like Wow you need the better gear to do the Tougher zones.Combat should always be more about YOU the player,what abilities you use and when,how you use your resources,your choice of weapons etc etc.

IMO EQ2 is better than Wow,both released around the same time,go figure identical games at the same time,definitely some copy cat game design going on there,somebody had inside information.

All early mmorpg's were a nice "template"some good ideas but implementation should be improved by newer games.
    Sorry I meant Time Locked Server

Maybe I better wait awhile, my tolerance for video games have been in the toilet the week or so, before that I've been playing back to back offline games.

-Vanilla WoW, 10 levels at a time through the years I get tired of it.
    -Civ 6 Played hard (great game).  It's the type of game you keep on your computer and come back and start a new civ now and them. 
    -Gothic 2 played hard but too old and several things seem broken.
    -FarCry 5 again, I breaking the game up in three sections, finished part two.