Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon New World Pre-order up on Steam

2»

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    May 2020

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    Albatroes said:
    I honestly dont know why people ever thought it would be a mmorpg. They said day one that all the games they were creating would be with a twitch focus. This was always going to be a game where they'll more than likely have controlled events at particular times to draw in views for streamers.

Lol, I'd completely forgotten about the whole Twitch stuff, despite being in the alpha.

But, I agree, it's not an MMORPG and I don't think it has ever been advertised as such. It is an MMO, just not an RPG.
    Gdemami
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i dont even think its an mmo tbh..

servers can only handle couple of x amount of players and not in the thousends
    Gdemami
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Albatroes said:
    I honestly dont know why people ever thought it would be a mmorpg. They said day one that all the games they were creating would be with a twitch focus. This was always going to be a game where they'll more than likely have controlled events at particular times to draw in views for streamers.

Lol, I'd completely forgotten about the whole Twitch stuff, despite being in the alpha.

But, I agree, it's not an MMORPG and I don't think it has ever been advertised as such. It is an MMO, just not an RPG.
    Honest question, why isn’t it an RPG?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    i dont even think its an mmo tbh..

servers can only handle couple of x amount of players and not in the thousends

Well, unless things have gotten much worse since the alpha closed, it was an MMO. During the alpha, it could support over 500 players on the same map. That makes it an MMO.

That said, during the alpha, Amazon were telling us they were aiming for 250v250 battles and I think they achieved it. But, this latest announcement did seem to be different, simply saying they wanted 100 players in a battle, significantly less than alpha. So, maybe its no longer an MMO, but I think it still is.
    GdemamiSovrath
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    edited December 2019
    I played through almost every phase of the alpha and it’s crazy how much misinformation is out there. Maybe some people saw a hunger/thirst system and quit.

This is definitely a sandbox mmorpg and I am very excited to see what’s changed since the servers went down.
    What exactly made it more like say Darkfall online rather than Atlas/Rust/Fallout 76/Escape?  There is a huge dispute in my discord why I disagree with it being an mmorpg, but the people that do consider it a mmorpg also play Rust/Escape from Tarkov nonstop.

MurderHerd

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Amazon has enough money, i'll support the little guys.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited December 2019
    Make sure you preorder in case your local store runs out of physical copies. Oh wait..
    Make sure you preorder in case the game stinks. 

A discount on a turd is still a waste of money. Preorders are the real ‘gambling in video games’ imo. Even if the game doesn't pay out, at least you get to watch the (exclusives) numbers spin in their slots.
    [Deleted User]

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    DMKano said:
    Hell no
    Perfect, I should definitely give it a look then.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Look at those requirements,

Minimum: core i5-2400, GTX 670 2GB
    Recommended: core i7-2700k, GTX 970

in 2019.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    So they have no problem with games being based on killing whatever moves, in hopes that it will drop better gear to help you to more efficiently kill whatever else is still moving.  But colonizing a previously uninhabited island is beyond the pale?  That reads like a bad satire, but then they go on to discuss game mechanics as though it's a serious article.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Arterius said:
    Look at those requirements,

Minimum: core i5-2400, GTX 670 2GB
    Recommended: core i7-2700k, GTX 970

in 2019.
    As someone who is terrible with computers is that too high or too low
    A Core i7-2700K was the top of the line consumer CPU in 2011.  A GeForce GTX 670 was a relatively high end video card in 2012, and a GTX 970 was so in 2014.

Today, a $100 quad core processor would be over the recommended specs.  Getting a new video card equivalent to a GTX 970 today would cost around $200.
    [Deleted User]