Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gothic is Being Remade

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited December 2019 in General Gaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Hope it's not a buggy mess like the original then.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    seems like their games are all buggy, and then don't fix them.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2019
    Looking forward to it. The closest i got to the series was with Risen on the XB360 by the same devs (Piranha Games) and that was rough. Played a bit of Arcania: Gothic 4 but it didn't feel right either, though that was from another studio.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll definitely check it out, Gothic was one of my very first pc games.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    THQ Nordic has done a really impressive job aquiring IPs over the past 5 years .. They have quite the library to work with ... A very promising house that i follow closely
    rojoArcueid[Deleted User]skeaserbartoni33

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    What an epic post to witness on my second coming. Excellent news!! 
    [Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    F U Elder Scrolls, this is the real deal. Great news!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Arterius said:
    Scorchien said:
    THQ Nordic has done a really impressive job aquiring IPs over the past 5 years .. They have quite the library to work with ... A very promising house that i follow closely
    I am just hoping that EA allows them to remaster Kingdoms of Amalur or they make a sequel. One of the best RPG's I have ever played
    Yea , same ... If i recall they can add to or remaster the existing , but cannot make a sequel or (exp) without permission , I know they said at one point they were in discussions with EA , that was a while ago

Arterius said:
    Scorchien said:
    Arterius said:
    Scorchien said:
    I am just hoping that EA allows them to remaster Kingdoms of Amalur or they make a sequel. One of the best RPG's I have ever played
    Yea , same ... If i recall they can add to or remaster the existing , but cannot make a sequel or (exp) without permission , I know they said at one point they were in discussions with EA , that was a while ago

See, I thought it was the other way around.

maybe , it was awhile ago i could be recalling it wrong ..
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

This looks good the comparison
    Chamber of Chains
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    cheyane said:

This looks good the comparison
    There really is no comparison :)
    Sovrath
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    good stuffs.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Rather than a long explanation...NO,the game was not good enough.
    If i thought for one minute the dev team would be a decent size and put in a solid effort then maybe.I can see potential in the Gothic game/s but as is,nope.A simple graphic update does NOT do anything for me.
    bartoni33

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Scorchien said:

THQ Nordic is one of my favorites now. It seems like their business model is resurrecting games that I really liked but weren't blockbusters. I'm waiting to see what they do with Amalur.
    Scorchienbartoni33[Deleted User]
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Wizardry said:
    If i thought for one minute the dev team would be a decent size and put in a solid effort then maybe.I can see potential in the Gothic game/s but as is,nope.A simple graphic update does NOT do anything for me.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions, it's a re-imagining of the game.

----

@blue: thanks for the heads up. downloaded the demo. Have some criticisms but it's MUCH better than the original game (which I never finished as it was just too junky).

I'll most likely buy this based on the work they've done already.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    edited December 2019
    Wizardry said:
    How do you know that's all they've done? We all know, because you state it again and again, that gfx don't make the difference for you. Have you actually played the demo?