Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMOs Would You Want Remade? - Michael Bitton - MMORPG.com

Comments

• gwalchjunigwalchjuni Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Warhammer Online -- this time with a better engine for sure, but also 3 factions, and more focus on PvP only content (perhaps without instanced battles), or some open PvP-PvE dungeons/raids if need be.
  • CaseaCasea Newbie CommonPosts: 16
    Vanguard
    Earth & Beyond
  • CaseaCasea Newbie CommonPosts: 16
    edited December 2019

• xmojo1xmojo1 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Vanguard, for the dragon mounts. Flying above the game world was a magical feeling. Asheron's Call, my first MMO. Not your typical generic fantasy world, the monsters were so different and strange.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    - Star Wars Galaxies using preNGE combat and skills, but with NGE content (armour types, weapons, multiplayer spaceships, bioengineering etc) and crafting additions.
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Anarchy Online
    Neocron
    SWG
    Asheron's Call.
  • Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    You want a star wars game remade and you choose SWTOR instead of Galaxies? That is peculiar. That is very peculiar indeed. But then I guess there are also people that think Timothy Dalton is the best Bond.

You want the Matrix remade but don't mention any reason as to why? Just because you like the movie?

You mention you play COH on a private server? Wasn't this site banning anyone that even mentioned private servers or has this policy changed?
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Global Agenda.
  • ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Star Wars Galaxies!!!!
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    edited December 2019
    Horizons (Aka Istaria) A truely underrated game plagued by scandal..... would be nice to be remade with modern tech.

I would also like to second Tabula Rasa, I loved that game right until shutdown.
    Post edited by Big.Daddy.Samedi on
    Blaze_Rocker

• DogrekDogrek Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Tabula Rasa. One of the best mmo's since the original Everquest.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    edited December 2019
    ESO redone with new engine. Unreal 6 :`D
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179
    Tabula Rasa, The Chronicles of Spellborn, Asheron's Call, EQ Online Adventures, and Dungeon Runners.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• dijoudijou Member UncommonPosts: 20
    SWG , true sandbox , the best crafting system ever.
    Anarchy Online
    ZoeMcCloskey
  • ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Starwars Galaxies Defo
    Blaze_Rocker
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    SWG and Anarchy Online for sure.
    ZoeMcCloskeyNorseGod
  • Jester135Jester135 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies.
    NorseGod
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Dogrek said:
    Tabula Rasa. One of the best mmo's since the original Everquest.
    Did you play the same game I did?  I played TR for about 6 months, and I was bored to tears at the end.  It had a very innovative leveling system, and good combat.  But the tedium... same enemies recycled over and over, uninspiring boss fights, undefined roles for players, I gave it plenty of chances, but when I quit playing, I had no intentions of going back.

Why would someone want to remaster this game?  The player pop at the end was what killed it, not NCsoft's 'vendetta' against Richard Garriott.  

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your own opinion, but I am just flabberghasted that this game has been mentioned a few times in the comments.
    Blaze_Rocker

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,785
    edited December 2019
    UO in 3D, with a Justice System to remove the rampant PKing, and made with the big budget they lacked way back then.
    Another one would be the original version of Horizons, if it truly would have been what I think it was going to be. Which was UO on steroids. Heck, I think it would have been THE MMORPG on steroids.

Once upon a time....

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    I am so damn happy to see so many agreeing on Anarchy Online and SWG! Now if only it would happen, lol.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Global Agenda.
  • stamincosminstamincosmin Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Voyage century, i love it!!
  • WindamereWindamere Member UncommonPosts: 75
    WurmOnline or even WurmUnlimited, Written in CS instead of JS, preferably in Unity3d with updated graphics, actual first person and third person character models with customization. Actual Animations for models. Keep the core of the game, ie. Terrain modification, Building, Crafting, SkillSet. Those are mostly perfected over last 10-15 years...just upgrade from 2006 to present day!!!
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    I wish for Wildstar. It was so close to what i love as it concerns combat and pve in a mmo. Dungeons especially and boss fights in general were superb.
    If only was made with a better engine graphics so it could support more ppl at the same time in the open world without being a lagfest...

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Ryzom for me.
    lahnmirMendel

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."