Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World honoring original Pre-Orders for $0

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
This was nice of them...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

[Deleted User]gervaise1

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    LOL, the real money to be made is in the micro transactions....the initial purchase price is just chump change.

(Meaning only the chumps will pay for it, game will be F2P within a year.)

;)
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    how do I get this deal?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    Myrdynn said:
    how do I get this deal?

Use your time machine to go back to 2016.  Make multiple accounts and sign up a bunch of times.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Sounds good unless it's just going to be a f2p game anyways.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    DMKano said:
    You get what you pay for - the game is worth $0
    Likely.  I never bothered with the Alpha...  but regardless, and I hate Amazon and think they are the Devil, but gotta call it like I see it and this was a classy move.

[Deleted User]gervaise1

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Assuming they can actually do the whole "1000 player" server thing consistently, I'd say its worth 30$. I'd rather give my money to Amazon vs the people behind Ark at the end of the day.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Kyleran said:
    LOL, the real money to be made is in the micro transactions....the initial purchase price is just chump change.

;)

Doubt it will go f2p now.

Back in 2016 the "business vision" was - clearly - f2p and MTX. Going b2p suggests a change in vision. Why?  

My guess: much greater scrutiny around MTX and a global drift towards legislation / financial limitations on spend.

That said I wouldn't be at all surprised by:

50% off sales etc.
    And: Sign up to Amazon Prime this month and get New Worlds for free
    Albatroes[Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    gervaise1 said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

Doubt it will go f2p now.

Back in 2016 the "business vision" was - clearly - f2p and MTX. Going b2p suggests a change in vision. Why?  

My guess: much greater scrutiny around MTX and a global drift towards legislation / financial limitations on spend.

That said I wouldn't be at all surprised by:

50% off sales etc.
    And: Sign up to Amazon Prime this month and get New Worlds for free

Yeah I'll agree. Chances were they were originally thinking of going with lootboxes until more regions started coming down on them hard thanks to EA....oh wait, they aren't loot boxes, my bad I forgot they are called "surprise mechanics" right EA?!?!?