Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World honoring original Pre-Orders for $0

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,833
This was nice of them...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Torvalgervaise1

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 35,762
    LOL, the real money to be made is in the micro transactions....the initial purchase price is just chump change.

(Meaning only the chumps will pay for it, game will be F2P within a year.)

;)
    Xodic

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,432
    how do I get this deal?

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,697
    I got this email too. Super excited about it
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 (Xbox One X), TemTem

Currently Reading: Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive Book 3)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (2nd Draft)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,833
    Myrdynn said:
    how do I get this deal?

Use your time machine to go back to 2016.  Make multiple accounts and sign up a bunch of times.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,618
    Sounds good unless it's just going to be a f2p game anyways.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 22,477
    You get what you pay for - the game is worth $0
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,833
    DMKano said:
    Likely.  I never bothered with the Alpha...  but regardless, and I hate Amazon and think they are the Devil, but gotta call it like I see it and this was a classy move.

Torvalgervaise1

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,697
    DMKano said:
    I would pay $60 for it but to each there own
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 (Xbox One X), TemTem

Currently Reading: Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive Book 3)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (2nd Draft)

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 22,477
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    I would pay $60 for it but to each there own

Yep - opinions vary.

I know a senior engine dev at Amazon who has been working on Lumberyard for a couple of years now - even he has not much hope for the New World lol.. but we'll see how it turns out.

Maybe it's gonna be amazing - but I am not holding my breath.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,075
    Assuming they can actually do the whole "1000 player" server thing consistently, I'd say its worth 30$. I'd rather give my money to Amazon vs the people behind Ark at the end of the day.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,899
    Kyleran said:
    LOL, the real money to be made is in the micro transactions....the initial purchase price is just chump change.

;)

Doubt it will go f2p now.

Back in 2016 the "business vision" was - clearly - f2p and MTX. Going b2p suggests a change in vision. Why?  

My guess: much greater scrutiny around MTX and a global drift towards legislation / financial limitations on spend.

That said I wouldn't be at all surprised by:

50% off sales etc.
    And: Sign up to Amazon Prime this month and get New Worlds for free
    AlbatroesTorval
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,075
    gervaise1 said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

Doubt it will go f2p now.

Back in 2016 the "business vision" was - clearly - f2p and MTX. Going b2p suggests a change in vision. Why?  

My guess: much greater scrutiny around MTX and a global drift towards legislation / financial limitations on spend.

That said I wouldn't be at all surprised by:

50% off sales etc.
    And: Sign up to Amazon Prime this month and get New Worlds for free

Yeah I'll agree. Chances were they were originally thinking of going with lootboxes until more regions started coming down on them hard thanks to EA....oh wait, they aren't loot boxes, my bad I forgot they are called "surprise mechanics" right EA?!?!?