Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Magic: Legends | Cinematic Teaser Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Magic: Legends | Cinematic Teaser Trailer

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Interest lost after Perfect World was mentioned.
    mazutTamorand
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    yep all they are good for is loot boxes an ummm loot boxes
  • TamorandTamorand Member UncommonPosts: 18

Albatroes said:

Exactly - They murdered Neverwinter. I had such high hopes for an MMO set in Forgotten Realms and they turned it into a loot box circus. And now here's another IP with tremendous potential that's going to turn into clown show. PW produces PCs games like they are Mobile Gatcha's. /rant
    Gdemami

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Tamorand said:

Albatroes said:

Exactly - They murdered Neverwinter. I had such high hopes for an MMO set in Forgotten Realms and they turned it into a loot box circus. And now here's another IP with tremendous potential that's going to turn into clown show. PW produces PCs games like they are Mobile Gatcha's. /rant

The worst part is that Neverwinter is actually (IMO) a really good game but the greed is real. I've gone back a few times, leveled a character to max and then realized they want you to pay to advance.
    Albatroes[Deleted User]Azaron_Nightblade
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    skeaser said:

Tamorand said:

Albatroes said:

The worst part is that Neverwinter is actually (IMO) a really good game but the greed is real. I've gone back a few times, leveled a character to max and then realized they want you to pay to advance.

Greed is honestly what murdered a lot of good mmorpgs over the past decade: Rift, Archeage, honstly anything related to Perfect World, Tree of Savior for the longest time,
    [Deleted User]
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    well at least the magic community are used to loot boxes... heck.. they pretty much invented it.
    [Deleted User]Azaron_NightbladeAegiris

This have been a good conversation

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Loot boxes and card packs aren't even in the same category. Physical cards have a value that a loot box can't possess. If you haven't ever ripped open a pack and get a $100-200 dollar card I wouldn't expect you to understand. (Heck even a 20-30 dollar card is awesome)

Or you know, have a few old cards lying in a trash binder for years and they go from nil to 50+.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    It's MTG. It will be hard to ruin. WotC is pretty involved with how their products are made. I'm not sure they will let Perfect World mess it up.

I'm pretty stoked to see this game come out.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited January 2020
    Only having 4 spells in a game about building huge complex decks seems like a pretty crap design. I don't have much interest in such an overly simplistic game. Shame, since I love MTG and ARPGs.