Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMOs Would You Want Remade? - Michael Bitton - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhich MMOs Would You Want Remade? - Michael Bitton - MMORPG.com

Nostalgia’s been the name of the game over the last few years, not just in games, but in all of media, and even fashion. For games, this has meant countless remasters and remakes from Crash Bandicoot to the amazing Resident Evil 2.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Star Wars Galaxies.

BEFORE the Jedi Crazyness and BEFORE the "New Game Experience" (*puke*). WITH cities, vehicles and spaceflight. Where you could be crafter or fighter or a combination of both. Be Han Solo or Owen Lars ... and have fun in either role.

Have fun
    AmatheBlueThunderBearIlayaJeroKaneScotPanzerbeorne39[Deleted User]SaltyDog79immodiumZenJellyand 14 others.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Everquest

Of course, there was a recent attempt to remake it (not counting EQ2), but Daybreak whiffed it. Thanks Daybreak, you suck.
    dragonlee66[Deleted User]GladDogScotkitaradsacredcow4LighttipBaemir

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    City of Heroes remastered in UE4 would be awesome.
    koldmiserBlaze_RockerScotSaltyDog79wingoodAlverantAmathe

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    I guess Vanguard. I preferred the huge world and the emphasis on exploration.

laseritPanzerbeorne39mgilbrtsnIceAgeArgostLighttipJonathJCen
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Asheron's Call
    IselinNooracMyrdynnClutch586angrund0nbamwallablbetaOzmodanLighttipKeushpuppyand 1 other.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I expect that Everquest will be the runaway winner in this discussion, with Star Wars Galaxies a close second.  I really don't want any existing games remade; I want to see a game as innovative and revolutionary as EQ or SWG was.  I don't want a derivative of decades old game play, how about something new, but not action/reflex based?

ZenJellysacredcow4OzmodanMrMelGibsonJonathJCenBaemir

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    AC2, MXO, CoH, Tabula Rasa, FF11 (preferred 11 over 14)
    Blaze_RockerMyrdynnwingoodLighttip
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Erillion said:

Star Wars Galaxies.

BEFORE the Jedi Crazyness and BEFORE the "New Game Experience" (*puke*). WITH cities, vehicles and spaceflight. Where you could be crafter or fighter or a combination of both. Be Han Solo or Owen Lars ... and have fun in either role.

Have fun

Seconded. Combat Upgrade era swg
    ZenJellyOzmodanJonathJCen
  • RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    *reads comments* Heh... All of the above. You guys took all the spots.
    PalebanewingoodLighttipBaemir
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Vanguard and/or UO
    ZnarfOzmodanRheanon

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    The Secret World.

As a proper high-quality polished single player game.

With rich expansions and sequels.

AmathePanzerbeorne39MagnusAlanwingoodAlverantLark3mFreelancerNDOzmodanBaemir
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Earth & Beyond, PlanetSide
    AlverantOzmodan
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    Guild Wars 1.

The Secret World.

City of Heroes.
    GladDogwingoodBaemir
  • sopukusopuku Member UncommonPosts: 55
    i want warhammer online :D
    XarkoGladDogPanzerbeorne39PalebanemgilbrtsnHatefullmeerclarZnarfangrund0nArjacand 6 others.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    1. Anarchy Online
    2. Anarchy Online
    3. Anarchy Online 
    4. Tabula Rasa

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    GeezerGamerPalebanewingoodHatefullGrintchOzmodanZoeMcCloskeyaleosCitizenX007JonathJCenand 1 other.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    FFXI, UO (modern 3d graphics), LOTRO (modernized with improved character models, voice acting, cut scenes) Neverwinter to be more like an NwN3 with toolset and player hosted worlds but with more modern graphics.
    Panzerbeorne39
  • mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited December 2019
    Lineage 2. It seems to be a matter of time tho. They are remaking it in Unreal Engine 4. I just hope it's not pay to win but buy to play.
    HatefullOzmodan
  • xkeeperxkeeper Member UncommonPosts: 45

lahnmir said:

1. Anarchy Online
    2. Anarchy Online
    3. Anarchy Online 
    4. Tabula Rasa

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Don´t foreget Anarchy Online Notum Wars, Anarchy Online Shadow Lands and Anarchy Online Alien Invasion. I´m ok without Lost Eden and Legacyu of the Xan.

And also... don´t forget... ANARCHY FUCKING ONLINE.

God damn Funcom
    lahnmirNorseGodCitizenX007JonathJCen
  • brad31781brad31781 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    edited December 2019
    Anarchy Online here as well. I haven’t had as much fun in any other game. Their launch was atrocious, two weeks of pure massive lag. I stuck it out and glad I did. Not sure an mmo has been as deep/free to do what you want. The choices in weapon, secondary weapon (if you chose), implants, finite skill points for weapons to swimming. Squeezing every last buff and stat gear to put on a much higher implant/weapon/armor was so satisfying and usually took some napkin math to see if you could still retain 80% (i think) requirements so it didn’t turn red.

I was one of the most known Omni players on RK2, so that probably helped make it the experience it was for me.
    ZenJellyPalebaneOzmodanJonathJCen
  • bishop1405bishop1405 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Vanguard, COH/COV, really miss those games. Would also love a DAOC or EQ1 remake...but at least close to originals difficulty...maybe not quite as annoying as day 1 EQ since I have a life now. Can't stand most MMOs now as they are all super easy, Tera, WOW, GW2, and any other classic style modern mmo you can think of.
  • HJ-NavarreHJ-Navarre Hero's Journey GMMember UncommonPosts: 104
    UO, EQ, AC2, SWG, SWTOR, LOTRO.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    FFXI would get my vote
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    Tabula Rasa and Star Wars Galaxies all the way.
    PalebaneVexiusxultimateduckZoeMcCloskey

• bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Ppiper said:

DAOC. When it came out, I thought it was revolutionary considering the RVRVR concept. Also, capes. They had me with capes. Albeit the game mechanics were horrid and still are, I enjoyed the background story.

To this day it is still my opinion that DAoC is the only game that had gotten mass pvp right.
    [Deleted User]MendelRheanon