Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Open World Sandbox Game-Rebel Horizons

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
edited July 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I started following this game over a year ago; but honestly Entrada Interactive has been pretty quiet when it comes to any news at all, until recently. They did a Twitch stream of their gameplay test, which again I had no idea they had done because their forums are literally dead and there was absolutely no fanfare over it. I actually came across it on their twitter feed. Based on what I have seen the game is obviously in beta, but it looks pretty damn good and reminds me a bit of SWG. Opinions? Sleeper hit? or another Repop? What do you think about the fact that they do not want to do a Kickstarter? Really excited to follow this game now.

All relevant info below.

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Thanks for this! I looks very interesting. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Well looks like this game is dead before it even got off the ground. Nothing for over a year after their stress test, and now their site is poofed. I guess small studios jjust can't create a decent mmo. Maybe they went back to focusing on Miscreated, which is almost abandonedware.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Tiller said:
    Well looks like this game is dead before it even got off the ground. Nothing for over a year after their stress test, and now their site is poofed. I guess small studios jjust can't create a decent mmo. Maybe they went back to focusing on Miscreated, which is almost abandonedware.

Their site is still there.
    I'm interested, but there's such scant info that I can't say how interested. 

Once upon a time....

Wasn't working earlier. Last I heard was that they had an investor, I hope it's just because they are still working on the first game.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Tiller said:
    Wasn't working earlier. Last I heard was that they had an investor, I hope it's just because they are still working on the first game.
    I'll tell ya, if I were making a game I'd stay silent until I had great stuff to show the world. 
    MMOExposed

Once upon a time....

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Tiller said:
    I'll tell ya, if I were making a game I'd stay silent until I had great stuff to show the world. 
    Maybe not the case with this one, but that's how it usually goes now.  They push out a bunch of info early on for funding, because they're interested in making a buck, not a game.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It reminds me of a newer version of RFO but also i feel what you see there is as good as it gets.

The game industry is really dead when comes to creativity,everything now is a fast shootem up cash shop game,nothing exciting anymore.It doesn't matter how hyped or what video is posted,i just feel like it's always going to be bland vaporware gaming.

This game here,sure if you believe  a teaser video makes a game,you might be interested but there is a reason this game is non existent.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    When a really good,potential AAA game comes out,we will hear about it long before it arrives.We are not going to see some random game just pop out of nowhere and become a AAA game.
    So as we can all see,there is nothing AAA on the horizon.

I said it a few times and still skeptical because of the team behind it but FFXI mobile will be the next AAA game and that is only a hunch not a fact.There is absolutely NOTHING on the horizon to get excited about.

I spend way more time watching sports and movies now than gaming because good developers are paper thin.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    video link is not working.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    game dead. I would be interested in giving it a try if it had faction pvp

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    You mean you might be willing to give it a try if it wasn’t dead or you are admitting that the term “games dead” has zero real meaning anymore?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    Am I cursed? First I had Star Wars Galaxies. Then I Kickstarted The Repopulation for $500. Now this game is disappeared into the production abyss? Why is there no love for Sci Fi Sandbox MMOs? Please do not reference Star Citizen. I am not interested in a space flight simulator.
    $500 on The Repopulation?! ouch, I am glad I only lost $34 on it.

Tokken said:
    video link is not working.

Yeah stream is gone. About as much of it I can find was a short clip on their twitter..

SWG Bloodfin vet

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    You mean you might be willing to give it a try if it wasn’t dead or you are admitting that the term “games dead” has zero real meaning anymore?
    No I mean dead as in the Twitter page last posted in 2018 dead. 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

No I mean dead as in the Twitter page last posted in 2018 dead. 

They seem to be still going strong with Miscreated, which I read was going to be their main focus. No idea if they are still working on RH or not. I hope, the idea was interesting.

SWG Bloodfin vet