Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mounts and Mounted Combat Available in Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageMounts and Mounted Combat Available in Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles has received mounts and mounted combat in a recent update.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    One of those games that get better over time.. like No Mans Sky. BUT most people are a try a game once and never come back. That’s the problem when games start early access.
    Sovrathcdubbz
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I haven't played this yet, but I'm wondering if they used the same animations from Age of Conan for it.

One of my favorite things about AoC was how lifelike and realistic the horse riding was because they went out and did a full MOCAP session with horses and riders.

I grew up on a horse ranch in Georgia, and I know what horses look like when they walk, trot, canter, and gallop and AoC got the physicality of it right.
  • cdubbzcdubbz Member UncommonPosts: 58

OG_Zorvan said:

H0urg1ass said:

I haven't played this yet, but I'm wondering if they used the same animations from Age of Conan for it.

One of my favorite things about AoC was how lifelike and realistic the horse riding was because they went out and did a full MOCAP session with horses and riders.

I grew up on a horse ranch in Georgia, and I know what horses look like when they walk, trot, canter, and gallop and AoC got the physicality of it right.

The animations seem to be the same or similar to AoC. Considering most of Exiles was lifted from AoC, it would make sense they used the horse animations as well.

I'm just disappointed all the combat in the game is sword and board, apparently they forgot magic exists.

I think a large part of that may be due to the fact that it's primarily meant to be a survival game, but I agree with you. It would be great to be able to learn magic spells like throwing lightning bolts. They did have that planned at one point if I recall correctly.
    H0urg1ass[Deleted User]
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Rhoklaw said:

H0urg1ass said:

The animations are of the same quality but none of the weird combo shenanigans. If Conan Exiles was an actual MMO, I think it would be a top 5 contender with the current games available.

cdubbz said:

OG_Zorvan said:

H0urg1ass said:

The animations seem to be the same or similar to AoC. Considering most of Exiles was lifted from AoC, it would make sense they used the horse animations as well.

I'm just disappointed all the combat in the game is sword and board, apparently they forgot magic exists.

I think a large part of that may be due to the fact that it's primarily meant to be a survival game, but I agree with you. It would be great to be able to learn magic spells like throwing lightning bolts. They did have that planned at one point if I recall correctly.

Yes, magic or sorcery rather is still on the table. It's one of those things they need to flesh out and do right. Much like LOTRO, magic isn't so much as elemental as it is trickery and illusions.

No.... Magic in lotr is not trickery or illusions. There's no wizard of Oz dynamic going on. Magic is just very rare.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    they need to make the world / map bigger, especially now that they have mounts in game.
    laserit

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MidwestsbestMidwestsbest Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I really enjoyed my time with this game. The servers were always what held it back though.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Rhoklaw said:
    The animations are of the same quality but none of the weird combo shenanigans. If Conan Exiles was an actual MMO, I think it would be a top 5 contender with the current games available.
    Weird combo shenanigans... AoC has a much better combat than Exiles (and a much better game overall), but that's just my opinion of course.
    Sad thing is, based on the current trends and the preferences of "current gamers", you're most likely correct with the top 5 estimation.
    No.... Magic in lotr is not trickery or illusions. There's no wizard of Oz dynamic going on. Magic is just very rare.
    Rhoklaw talked about LotRO, and was right. In LotR magic is rare and powerful, in LotRO the "magic" what LMs use are closer to early D&D's cantrip.
    When RKs arrived they've brought enchantments and incantations as well (and thus often called lore-breakers), but those are just small spells as well, compared to the magic in LotR.

And for not being fully off-topic, "Conan Exiles has received mounts and mounted combat in a recent update.", well, AoC has mounts and mounted combat since a decade... and also has a fun race track. I wonder, when will you copy that over to Exiles too, Funcom? You could even sell it as an update... :D