Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Officially The Greatest YEAR Ever For SC Crowdfunding

12345679»

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,063

Instead of making a new thread just updated this one. Year of 2018 ended up being the best ever for Star Citizen, not counting with the external 46 Million funding gotten by the Billionaire extraordinaire there's no doubt that Star Citizen development will keep going stronger and stronger each and every year!

Congrats Citizens! Cya in the Verse! :)

KyleranErillionalkarionlog
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,365
    Babuinix said:

Instead of making a new thread just updated this one. Year of 2018 ended up being the best ever for Star Citizen, not counting with the external 46 Million funding gotten by the Billionaire extraordinaire there's no doubt that Star Citizen development will keep going stronger and stronger each and every year!

I'm thinking they should ask Marshmelloe or other hipster performers to do an in game concert.  

Instead of being free like those suckers at Epic did, RI could "sell" tickets, say $25 a pop for smaller acts and more for the big hitters. 

Pure gold, tell Chris I'll let him know what account to send my 10% cut to.

;)
    Scotalkarionlog

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,063
    Kyleran said:
    Awesome, there really appears to be no end in sight, either to the amount of crowd funding these titles can raise or an actual release date.

Will be interesting to see where things stand in December 2019.

:D 

Still going strong it seems B)

2019 already is the best funding year to date with still a month to go.
    Erillionalkarionlog
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    13.2 M$ in the last 30 days alone .... thats impressive even for Star Citizen standards

Have fun

alkarionlog
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,190
    I guess actually having a...game.. for people to play that and not needing a computer so expensive that selling your organs is the only viable path.. that helps... 

Tawess gaming

Tawess soapbox

This have been a good conversation

edited December 2019
    tawess said:
    I guess actually having a...game.. for people to play that and not needing a computer so expensive that selling your organs is the only viable path.. that helps... 

Actually playing the Alpha version of the game for years now and having a computer in the medium class range (with an SSD) and not having to sell my organs yet has proven to be quite viable.

But some need help ... in many different ways ... i agree

Have fun

PS:

"Medium" range ... see here ...

(without outlying data ...  the guy with the GPU score 675 ;-) is running this:  )

CPU

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz

GPU

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Erillion said:
    Actually playing the Alpha version of the game for years now

Something 'bout that there sentence ain't right.  Cannae put ma finger on it

Cotic said:
    Erillion said:

Not for a volunteer backer-playtester ;-)

Have fun

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Erillion said:

Not for a volunteer backer-playtester ;-)

Have fun

That there sentence ain't much better yo!
  • olepiolepi Member RarePosts: 1,441
    It's like someone building a car factory. They've raised huge amounts of money each year, and seem to think that raising money is the end goal.

No cars have been produced for sale yet, in over 7 years.

------------
    2020: 43 years on the Net.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,394
    Greatest year, for whom?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,316
    Amathe said:
    Greatest year, for whom?
    For the headguy - he can buy a bigger yacht now.

olepi said:
    It's like someone building a car factory. They've raised huge amounts of money each year, and seem to think that raising money is the end goal.

>>> No cars have been produced for sale yet, in over 7 years. >>>>

This is where you are wrong.  People are playing and enjoying Star Citizen Alpha,
    in up to 90 flyable/usable ships and vehicles. Every day.

Have fun
    botrytis said:
    Amathe said:
    Greatest year, for whom?
    For the headguy - he can buy a bigger yacht now.

Not that he HAS any yacht at all to our knowledge.

Unless you are referring to a picture in circulation where one can see "The Headguy" in what looks like a 9 m rented Mexican boat.

Have fun

• olepiolepi Member RarePosts: 1,441
    Erillion said:
    olepi said:

>>> No cars have been produced for sale yet, in over 7 years. >>>>

This is where you are wrong.  People are playing and enjoying Star Citizen Alpha,
    in up to 90 flyable/usable ships and vehicles. Every day.

Have fun

As I said, no cars have been produced for sale. You cannot buy SC now. You can only donate to the building of the factory. On their web site, they make it clear that you are not buying anything, you are donating without a guarantee of receiving anything.

It is true that you can test drive some prototypes now, but nobody can buy anything.

------------
    2020: 43 years on the Net.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:

I'm thinking they should ask Marshmelloe or other hipster performers to do an in game concert.  

Instead of being free like those suckers at Epic did, RI could "sell" tickets, say $25 a pop for smaller acts and more for the big hitters. 

Pure gold, tell Chris I'll let him know what account to send my 10% cut to.

;)
    Or maybe emulate Activision Blizzard and sell tickets for even more. (Have to fund the A-B salaries somehow of course, especially the Cs - $60M a year is it for CEO? - good job there are shareholders to keep the salaries in check.)