Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord British is Hard at Work on Another Project!

HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72
http://www.lycantic.com/lord-british-officially-in-corven/

Seems LB has been writing stores for a new game rather than spending time on his last project. I'm sure diehard whales will continue to believe that he's still involved with Shroud. 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited December 2019
    Does this sort of verbiage sound familar to anyone?  :D

"So all you classic CRPG fans out there, and especially all you dear Ultima fans, Corven is now the closest thing to a new single player Ultima game that you can get in the near future. Stay tuned and please support us in the upcoming Kickstarter so we can make all this a reality.

Development is on track for the release of the fully playable demo in spring 2020 and the Kickstarter will begin at the same time!"

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User]Hillttweedledumb99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Seems a little click-baity...I mean, the subject says "hard at work", but the link says:

Richard Garriott was kind enough to take some time out of his busy schedule to have a brainstorming session with me [..]

The link reads as if they had a phone call and talked a bit of shop then the author decided to make a "Lord British" character in their game. Beyond that, there may be some future phone calls?

I've occasionally stretched the definition of "hard at work" myself (as I post this during the work day...), but sounds like Garriot's involvement was nothing more then a bit of mentoring. What am I missing?

I do get the modern history with the guy. I'm not trying to be dismissive of that, but this really doesn't come across as him having invested much time/effort based on the link provided.

Gdemami[Deleted User]Panther2103hupa

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    mklinic said:
    Seems a little click-baity...I mean, the subject says "hard at work", but the link says:

Richard Garriott was kind enough to take some time out of his busy schedule to have a brainstorming session with me [..]

The link reads as if they had a phone call and talked a bit of shop then the author decided to make a "Lord British" character in their game. Beyond that, there may be some future phone calls?

I've occasionally stretched the definition of "hard at work" myself (as I post this during the work day...), but sounds like Garriot's involvement was nothing more then a bit of mentoring. What am I missing?

I do get the modern history with the guy. I'm not trying to be dismissive of that, but this really doesn't come across as him having invested much time/effort based on the link provided.

Yeah I'm not thinking hes even really involved with it other than brainstorming plot with the devs. 

Looking at the team he isn't mentioned.

Project has nothing to do with him other than his character.
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89

Lord Shittish likes attention and money and little else. He's probably received both from the suckers who are making this game.

I wish them well and I hope the game is good and succeeds, but I will never again play anything that involves Lord Shittish.

Hillt
  • ZDPhoenixZDPhoenix Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Hillt said:

Seems LB has been writing stores for a new game rather than spending time on his last project. I'm sure diehard whales will continue to believe that he's still involved with Shroud. 

I fell for both Shroud and Tabula Rasa before that. I have no desire to fall for another one.
    Lark3mtweedledumb99
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    ZDPhoenix said:
    Hillt said:

I fell for both Shroud and Tabula Rasa before that. I have no desire to fall for another one.
    But Tabula Rasa was actually a really cool game that fell on the finish line.
    lahnmir
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Can we somehow punish @Hillt for the misleading title? We should be holding everyone accountable, including news outlets, but let’s start somewhere
    Hillt
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "Hard at work."

"Busy."

I detect a leitmotif? 

*visualizes Lord British down in the coding trenches slaving away.*

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Amathe said:
    "Hard at work."

"Busy."

I detect a leitmotif? 

*visualizes Lord British down in the coding trenches slaving away.*

I doubt the clown has coded in 30 years.
    Hillt