Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you here are religious?

renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
edited August 2019 in Off-Topic Discussion
As a spiritual person, which is religious and follow rituals out of choice, i am just curious to see how many of you people are also religious /spiritual.. etc....  

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
Add Multi-Quote

choose one
  1. Choose one8 votes
    1. Religious and follow rituals
      25.00%
    2. Religious but don't follow rituals
      12.50%
    3. Spiritual but not religious
        0.00%
    4. Religious but only because of family traditions, i don't actually really get it
        0.00%
    5. Not religious and not spiritual.
      62.50%

Comments

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    Doesnt matter

Isaiah 55:8

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
    Gorwe
  • jamesalan1985jamesalan1985 Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    I am a hindu guy. However I am not hardcore religious. I just celebrate the occasions.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    I cant answer this poll because "rituals" as a term that tells me nothing, and there is no difference between being religious and being spiritual.

The point of rituals is to help you with following your religion. Possibly by being with other people of your faith. By themselves however they are perfectly meaningless. Different people react differently towards them. If you do a ritual or not doesnt mean anything about how important religion is to you. If a ritual doesnt help you, its pointless. I'm very intellectual and I'm very introvert, so rituals dont do much for me.

And you cant be religious if you're not spiritual, and you cannot be spiritual if you're not religious. Its one and the same thing.

Maybe you can be spiritual without religious if you interpret "religious" as "following an official religion", sure. But you're still religious, you're still following a religion of some definition. If you have no set of rules you follow that lead you to a holier, more spiritual life, you arent spiritual either. Theres no such thing as being spiritual without being moral.

And maybe you can define religious without being spiritual as "outwardly following a religion in order to satisfy the demands of others". But then you're not religious at all either. You're just pretending. If it makes you a better person, it might still help you, but its not the real deal just yet.

This discussion has been closed.