Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Delays and Funding to be Investigated by BBC Program, Click

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Erillion said:

Some people HAVE read their Chaucer.  ;-)  And their Goethe. And their  孔夫子

The "Piers Plowman" reference is from a Google search, that is correct.  I knew that saying from Chaucer.

Have fun

...Aristoteles lists Good temper among his 12 virtues and patience can easily fit under that description.

That is like 1600 years before Piers Plowman.

Did I win...?
    ErillionHatefull
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    A certain amount of patience is definitely a good thing but everyone has limits, at least everyone who isn't a sycophantic whiteknight.

GdemamiErillion
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    This is why quotes like these are pointless.
    I mean patience is obviously a virtue sometimes.. sometimes it isn't.

In the current context, you'll have people on both sides of the fence.
    BeansnBreadGdemami

..Cake..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well to me it is simple,time is based on the money and staff you have.Obviously a very small funded team is going to take much longer to accomplish the same result.

This team has way more than enough money and a large team and that is what i judge the game on.The product so far is very much sub par considering the team and funds they have.This is mostly one guys fault,Mr.Roberts who is fully in charge of this operation.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    I am going to move on. What you said literally didn't make sense in english.

That may be. My mother tongue is German. "Denglisch" is my daily work language ;-)

Have fun
    PhaserlightArglebargle
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Erillion said:
    I am going to move on. What you said literally didn't make sense in english.

That may be. My mother tongue is German. "Denglisch" is my daily work language ;-)

Have fun
    Yeah, I know you're German. Everyone knows you're German at this point. You used to talk about it all the time. That doesn't preclude you from making sense, especially because you so obviously have a solid grasp on English.

Is infinite patience a virtue or not?
    Gdemami
    edited December 2019
    >>>>
    Is infinite patience a virtue or not?
    >>>>

As the universe proves ... yes. And even there people discuss if its infinite. But its definitely patient ;-)

When it comes to humans, i think there is no such thing as "infinite"  (well, possibly with the exception of stupidity, as Einstein postulated).

If having patience was the right thing to do, we may hear when "Click" airs. And then decide for ourselves if we agree or not.

Have fun

PS:

And no, I am not German.
    When Erillion doesn't talk about SC, he talks about himself.
    I think those two are his favourite games.

..Cake..

sgel said:
    When Erillion doesn't talk about SC, he talks about .....

EVE Online

Lord of the Rings

Star Wars Galaxies

Fallout

Dual Universe

Lord of the Rings Online

Elite Dangerous

No Mans Sky

etc.  (and thats only on this website alone)

Have fun
    sure.com :)

..Cake..

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited December 2019
    People acting like it’s some kind of federal investigation instead of some random tv show trying to get views. What credentials in game development or any software development does “click” have?

“They’re spending money and increasing scope requiring more money”, wtf does anyone else expect?

Erillion

“They’re spending money and increasing scope requiring more money”, wtf does anyone else expect?

Literally nothing. But somehow it never gets old.

..Cake..

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    edited December 2019
    Dr_Binks said:
    As a customer of RSI I have NO legal recourse if RSI goes under tomorrow! None of us do and CR can just walk away and say "Oh well it did work" 500+ people will be with out work and he can go back to selling used rental cars. 

So this happens more than you think with traditional funding for games.  Studios use up all their money, and they cancel games that go over budget and just aren't working and sometimes close an entire studio.  Just ask EA.

This is what makes all the other games people like to mention different! They do not get money for said game till it goes to market so the have to fund the development out of their own pocket, or get funding from a bank. The studio can then be held accountable by the bank or the CEO, board, or stock holders. This means they HAVE to deliver a product!
    No.  This absolutely does NOT mean that have to deliver a product.  Ever heard of Bankruptcy?  It sucks, doors close, people lose jobs, businesses fail.  Assets are liquidated and investors get pennies on the dollar back.  Depending on the line for investors and how bad it is, sometimes some get nothing.  Sometimes governments don't get repaid loans and tax cuts were for nothing, I'm looking at you Curt Schilling.

And developers get the money for said game before it's made just like this.  You have to pay people to make it.  So they get money from it, just not from the customer yet.  That's the point of crowdfunding.  I'm really starting to think people don't understand what crowdfunding is.  It's not just a far out pre-order.  It's FUNDING the development.  Sometimes development stops due to a variety of reason.  Hence RISK.  It's crazy how many people don't get the concept.

RSI, CIG, CR, or SG have NO such accountability WE the customer have willingly gave them money with the HOPE that they will put a game to market. It is our fault! We the customer have given RSI the right to drag this out indefinitely because he ask us if we wanted him to expand and take this as far as he can and we said YES! So here we are looking for a game that may never come!
    They sorta have the same accountability path, where we take on the roll of investors or banks.  But yes, we don't have the ability to hold them accountable as much.  We can't demand reports, have audits done, or anything like that.  But every major game has someone that 'willingly gives them money with the HOPE that they will put a game to market.'  That's how business works.  RSI just got it from the customers like many other businesses since the dawn of crowdfunding.

I think part of this crowdfunding endeavor with Chris Roberts is that many of the people who thought about their contribution/orders, wanted a big scope.  Wanted to see if he could make this high ambitious, boundary pushing game.  Because IF someone can pull it off, many believe it's Christ Roberts.  Can he fail?  Sure.  But luckily for us he lets us play the demos as they progress.  That is the beauty of this project.  I paid $40.  But I've already got my $40 worth.  I've played the Alpha more hours than many $60 games I've bought and have had fun doing it.  

Now the people who are thousands in.  Maybe they should have sought a financial stake instead of spending that much on a game.  But their butt hurt is from their own decisions.
    gervaise1ErillionBabuinix

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    >And, yeah, when it is running fine is such amazing experience - better than most finished products we have current in the market.

Amazing in what way? Make a list of these other games ya?

[Deleted User]
    >>>>
    Now the people who are thousands in.  Maybe they should have sought a financial stake instead of spending that much on a game.  But their butt hurt is from their own decisions.
    >>>>

There are quite a few that had no interest in the game whatsoever, but tried to gamble for prices rising for "limited edition" content ... demanding ridiculous amounts for certain pledge packages/ships on the black market... fleecing their fellow backers. Grabbing all such offers within seconds with scripted buy-bots. 

When CIG realized that, they crashed much of the Black Market by re-Issueing "limited edition" content .... THAT has left some people REALLY butt-hurt.  Because they lost (a lot of) money in what was essentially a gamble.

You still hear the echoes of the screams of rage here in some comments referring to the treatment of CIG when it comes to "limited edition" content.

Have fun

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Uh ...

I very strongly doubt there is anything like fraud involved.

They got simply too much funding for their own good and arent organized enough to effectively spent it, so they now had too big goals and theres simply too much chaos going on, would be my guess.

Because the larger a software project gets, the better the organization of it has to be. Thats just too many people doing their own thing and not enough people having the overview what should actually be done in what order, what the interfaces should be, what needs to be tested etc.

ErillionArglebargle
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    System said:
    imageStar Citizen Delays and Funding to be Investigated by BBC Program, Click

A BBC tech program, Click, will be looking into just why Star Citizen is taking forever to release.

Read the full story here

So...more free advertisement...that will show em.
    ErillionCoticBabuinix

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Freeze all assets and bank accounts incoming. Will the Swiss government disclose cig's hidden accounts ?
    Erillion
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • bahamudbahamud Member UncommonPosts: 4
    digital mafia :P
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 449
    sgel said:

He's good for claiming to be an EvE vet though I call BS on that. He's pretty much the EvE version of those stolen valor guys that get called out in public for dressing up like military even though they aren't. 
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    They should hold him accountable and have his assets seized liquidated and refunded to all the backers and have prison time given out. The is usually not accepted anywhere else(unless there is money cover up going to politicians) so why should it be difference because this is a video game medium?
    How many backers want that? Because I have not seen many (if any at all) express they want the project shut down and their money back. Most of the backers are playing the game. It's only the armchair naysayers that are on boards...crying about how long it is taking.

I will wait while you get that list together...
    ErillionMaxBaconCotic

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

sgel said:

He's good for claiming to be an EvE vet though I call BS on that. He's pretty much the EvE version of those stolen valor guys that get called out in public for dressing up like military even though they aren't. 

Talk to me when you remember double-MWD flying through a system in EVE ;-)

Have fun
    WalkinGlenn
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 449
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

Have fun

Congrats you can use google. Post your mains name, or better yet login and take a SS. Even inactive accounts can go to account support and login for two hours to buy a plex instead of subscribing to login. I haven't played since March 2018, but are still subbed and skilling my nerds. Or better yet, send an api key in an EvE mail to Eanok. In other words, prove it.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Hatefull said:
    They should hold him accountable and have his assets seized liquidated and refunded to all the backers and have prison time given out. The is usually not accepted anywhere else(unless there is money cover up going to politicians) so why should it be difference because this is a video game medium?
    How many backers want that? Because I have not seen many (if any at all) express they want the project shut down and their money back. Most of the backers are playing the game. It's only the armchair naysayers that are on boards...crying about how long it is taking.

I will wait while you get that list together...
    Yup truth, this forum posters are a reality gap from reality they just have hyperbole to go by.

As far the backers go, that are the ones who actually bought into SC and have more a reason to be angry and salty are actually the ones that overall are most chill, from those who wait to those who already play, unlike the vast majority of the posters here who are not invested on SC despite their emotional need to naysay it.
    HatefullBabuinix
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

Have fun

Congrats you can use google. Post your mains name, or better yet login and take a SS. Even inactive accounts can go to account support and login for two hours to buy a plex instead of subscribing to login. I haven't played since March 2018, but are still subbed and skilling my nerds. Or better yet, send an api key in an EvE mail to Eanok. In other words, prove it.

I do not have to prove anything to you.  After all .. this is EVE ;-)  Its spy games are hard taskmasters. The information IS out there.

Have fun

WalkinGlenn