Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got threatened by developers.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited December 2019
    Torrsk said:
    Should i post Focii's DM's to me threatening to make sure my CoE account gets perma banned? do we need to go there? I think a lot of people don't see what's going on with some of these mods that not only think they have god powers but also verbally abuse community members.
    Yes you do. As they say, back it up or shut up
    Agreed, more likely Focii threatened to perma ban his COE forum or Discord account, which they are completely in their right to do if "their rules" are broken.

Now if his in game account was threatened then that's wrong of course, but my guess is Focii doesn't have that kind of power being mostly a Discord mod.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited December 2019
    Some interesting posts on this over on the official forums. Seems like at least one of the “King” level donors has been screenshoting posts that later disappear and there appear to be quite a few people unhappy with how Serpentus their CM has been stealth moderating posts and then just deleting things.
    While an interesting topic which actually finds me defending Serpentus on the COE forums (yes, pigs have been seen flying) it's not much related to the issue raised in this thread so the conversation probably needs to be tabled to a new thread.

This one has already beern derailed far enough.

;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    The game has no chance of coming out before 2022 from what we have seen, you could switch to asking if that will happen. But you need to frame questions in the right way.

To be honest, if I were you I would go to sleep until launch, you will have a better stress free life for it. :)
    KyleranWBadger
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Go for the Ban Man.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    The admins / mods are unprofessional and the posters question the decisions whether their right or wrong.
    Slapshot1188

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    ZeekPlayz said:
    hohoholy shit ladies and gentlemen, I guess I didnt pay enough money to get the devs on my side. After making a couple of comments basically saying "If the game doesnt have alpha in 2020, its hopeless". Good opinions, as an opinion, by someone who can make opinions.

I get this GEM of a message, from Serpentius:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TRXDPIN.png[/img]

Basically, if I dont stop asking about the games progress/making constructive criticism on the development state, they are going to suspend my account with my package I paid 150$+ on.

Fucking wonderful.

Please, forum, why has god failed me?

I learned my lesson from that farce of a game project Heroes and Villains that that hack Golden Girl claims to be making.

After four years of development and very little to show for it I tried to get her to get more people on the development team and I even offered to help promote the project with my own money. From 2016 to 2017 I offered her two opportunities worth hundreds of dollars each, one of which could have been seen by a couple million people in just a few days, and she turned me down both times. Both were opportunities that legitimate developers would never turn down.

So, my criticisms moved from private chats to the forums. Certain posts were deleted and eventually my forum access was revoked. Later on, when another member called her out on the lack of progress their post was also deleted and their access was revoked.

Guilty people don't like being exposed because it can turn more people against them. I would say that most developers are quick to squash negative criticisms, even honest ones, in order to keep from losing support for their projects. Unless you are on the development team and have a personal stake in it then a simple monetary donation won't give you any security from the devs' wrath if you give them enough reason.

It's best to keep negative criticisms both subtle and civil, and if you think that you're ultimately getting screwed then throw your hands up, admit that you're getting screwed and that there's nothing you can do about it and just move on. It's gonna happen to someone, someway somehow.

Good. Very good that this things happened to you both.

People need to learn that kickstarter game projects ( in very particular, MMOs ) are mostly scams, based on lies. 

It takes years for an AAA studio to develop and release a MMO with their own money and usually, solid teams, yet .. this guys tells you how they are going to release a fully MMO game in ....... 2 or 3 years, with 2 "dev's" and their cats, with few mil $ ( or some hundreds of thousands in some cases ), where all they have in the first place, is a paper project. 

I am glad people gets scammed on this kind of "projects". Also glad when this kind of people sooner or later, realize their mistake and hopefully, they will never do the same mistake again.
    Gdemami

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    If you go on a forum dedicated to a game in development and aggravate them, they likely will tell you to stop.

So criticize them here. /shrug
    Slapshot1188KyleranSovrathBlaze_Rocker

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    IceAge said:
    Good. Very good that this things happened to you both.

People need to learn that kickstarter game projects ( in very particular, MMOs ) are mostly scams, based on lies. 

It takes years for an AAA studio to develop and release a MMO with their own money and usually, solid teams, yet .. this guys tells you how they are going to release a fully MMO game in ....... 2 or 3 years, with 2 "dev's" and their cats, with few mil $ ( or some hundreds of thousands in some cases ), where all they have in the first place, is a paper project. 

I am glad people gets scammed on this kind of "projects". Also glad when this kind of people sooner or later, realize their mistake and hopefully, they will never do the same mistake again.

Actually, the alleged game project 'Heroes and Villains' never ran a Kickstarter. Despite being a complete hack Golden Girl is just smart enough to know that running a Kickstarter means that backers will expect her to show actual progress on the game, which is something she can't allow to happen. She can't show results of her work because she has none. If she could she would have done more than just crank out concept art and character models over and over again for the last three years, from a project that was reported to have started in late 2012.

Seven years of no meaningful progress by an all-talk project manager. Sounds like a hack to me.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    one time i stuck my hand in a bee hive. then i blamed the bees for stinging me. how dare they, im the victim here !
    Panther2103Kyleran
    Amathe said:
    If you go on a forum dedicated to a game in development and aggravate them, they likely will tell you to stop.

If they are indeed frauds, where would you go to attempt to expose them if they censor you on their own sites? Do you keep your experiences to yourself and say nothing so that the perceived fraud continues on until the project shuts down or an underwhelming game is released, or do you share what you know with others in an attempt to warn followers that something isn't right with the project?

I'd rather be called a whiner and maybe save just a couple of others from losing their money and being duped by dickish developers than to look back years later and know that I could have at least done something other than just claiming "Well, they got what they deserved for not seeing it like I did" and felt perfectly justified in doing so. - Yeah. I'll take being called a whiner any day of the week. If I help at least one person then it's a label I can wear with pride.

Gdemami

Amathe said:

If they are indeed frauds, where would you go to attempt to expose them if they censor you on their own sites? Do you keep your experiences to yourself and say nothing so that the perceived fraud continues on until the project shuts down or an underwhelming game is released, or do you share what you know with others in an attempt to warn followers that something isn't right with the project?

I'd rather be called a whiner and maybe save just a couple of others from losing their money and being duped by dickish developers than to look back years later and know that I could have at least done something other than just claiming "Well, they got what they deserved for not seeing it like I did" and felt perfectly justified in doing so. - Yeah. I'll take being called a whiner any day of the week. If I help at least one person then it's a label I can wear with pride.

I'm pretty sure I never called you any names, whiner or otherwise, and that never crossed my mind.

Game makers don't make forums to facilitate people calling them frauds. It's a private company, not the government. They can censor all they like

Luckily, and in answer to your "where would you go" question, you can go here for starters. Or any of numerous websites devoted to gaming issues.  Heck, you can write your Congressperson if you have one. You can write your Senators.  You can lodge a complaint with a government agency. You can hire an attorney and get legal advice if you feel you have been defrauded. There are 100 things you can do, the worst and surest of which to fail is griping on the Developer's boards.

But hey. I'm cool if you want to aggravate them. Go get em! I'm not their friend. 
    Slapshot1188KyleranMendeltweedledumb99Blaze_Rocker

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Demuerte said:
    ROFL I drink coffee strong enough to hurt the OP's feelings. Suck it up and move on buttercup.
    I feel sorry for your colon/toilet....

The guy from CoE doesn't even have a profile pic FFS!

He doesn't count until he has a profile pic!

Gut Out!
    Blaze_RockerKyleranAmathe

What, me worry?

Amathe said:
    Amathe said:

I'm pretty sure I never called you any names, whiner or otherwise, and that never crossed my mind.

Game makers don't make forums to facilitate people calling them frauds. It's a private company, not the government. They can censor all they like

Luckily, and in answer to your "where would you go" question, you can go here for starters. Or any of numerous websites devoted to gaming issues.  Heck, you can write your Congressperson if you have one. You can write your Senators.  You can lodge a complaint with a government agency. You can hire an attorney and get legal advice if you feel you have been defrauded. There are 100 things you can do, the worst and surest of which to fail is griping on the Developer's boards.

But hey. I'm cool if you want to aggravate them. Go get em! I'm not their friend. 

I didn't mean to say/imply that you did anything. I only meant to speak in general terms as things like this happen often enough.

If anyone here is calling me a whiner then it's probably Gdemami. They keep LoL-ing my posts while making none of their own. Their sarcasm is noted. I'm guessing it's just Golden Girl or one of her lackeys. Since they're not making a real game they have plenty of time to mock me.

Gdemami

If anyone here is calling me a whiner then it's probably Gdemami. They keep LoL-ing my posts while making none of their own. 

He (or she) does that to everyone. About everything. Constantly. 
    KyleranBlaze_RockerNorseGod

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    Jamar870 said:
    Just slight detour here. Anyone here have problem with those emoji things that are sometimes at the bottom of posts and seem to cover some of text in a post?
    mmorpg.com is working on a site revamp... o wait they already tried...
    Amathe said:

If anyone here is calling me a whiner then it's probably Gdemami. They keep LoL-ing my posts while making none of their own. 

It's how we know our thought processes and arguments are on sound footing.

;)
    AmatheBlaze_RockerNorseGodScot

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited December 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:

It's how we know our thought processes and arguments are on sound footing.

;)
    Exactly, he is a litmus test for sound thinking, if you get a lol you are probably on solid ground. :)
    Kyleran
    Rhoklaw said:

I learned my lesson from that farce of a game project Heroes and Villains that that hack Golden Girl claims to be making.

After four years of development and very little to show for it I tried to get her to get more people on the development team and I even offered to help promote the project with my own money. From 2016 to 2017 I offered her two opportunities worth hundreds of dollars each, one of which could have been seen by a couple million people in just a few days, and she turned me down both times. Both were opportunities that legitimate developers would never turn down.

So, my criticisms moved from private chats to the forums. Certain posts were deleted and eventually my forum access was revoked. Later on, when another member called her out on the lack of progress their post was also deleted and their access was revoked.

Guilty people don't like being exposed because it can turn more people against them. I would say that most developers are quick to squash negative criticisms, even honest ones, in order to keep from losing support for their projects. Unless you are on the development team and have a personal stake in it then a simple monetary donation won't give you any security from the devs' wrath if you give them enough reason.

It's best to keep negative criticisms both subtle and civil, and if you think that you're ultimately getting screwed then throw your hands up, admit that you're getting screwed and that there's nothing you can do about it and just move on. It's gonna happen to someone, someway somehow.

Isn't that also the point of forum communication? I mean if a studio is literally screwing people out of money, isn't it OUR responsibility to educate the masses? Developers have a clear path. Advertise their vision of the game they wish to create. Present an honest timeline to complete said game. Request funds needed to complete the game. If one or more of those are not met, DO NOT start working on the game. Kickstarter games keep failing because developers keep undercutting themselves financially. They do this because they know if they put the actual cost needed to complete their product, no one would touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    Everything you say.is true, yet I've learned you can't really save people from themselves.

Most of these larger indie MMORPG efforts have been "failing" for many years now, yet they keep plugging on, as gamers often seem willing to double down and spend more in spite of logical reasons not to.

I suspect many of these games will actually release, but few will launch as promised and none will live up to the hopes and dreams the more ardent backers have held all these many years.

What happened with SotA is the likely outcome we'll see repeated again and again. 
    Blaze_RockerSlapshot1188[Deleted User]Sovrath

Rhoklaw said:

Isn't that also the point of forum communication? I mean if a studio is literally screwing people out of money, isn't it OUR responsibility to educate the masses? Developers have a clear path. Advertise their vision of the game they wish to create. Present an honest timeline to complete said game. Request funds needed to complete the game. If one or more of those are not met, DO NOT start working on the game. Kickstarter games keep failing because developers keep undercutting themselves financially. They do this because they know if they put the actual cost needed to complete their product, no one would touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Yes, but H&V's case is of the non-criminal type of fraud. As I've explained elsewhere, and tried to explain here, Golden Girl started her little project in late 2012 and lead people to believe that she could deliver the game. She just never said when, ran a Kickstarter or asked for money.

Production seemed stable for the first three years but it never ramped up and no new people were brought on to the dev team. Years went by and production dropped off. Multiple attempts to get GG to seek out qualified help, or advertise for qualified help, for addition to the dev team failed and most of the observant people abandoned the now alleged game project.

To this day, with weekly text updates and occasional character models, Golden Girl continues to lead the clueless along into believing that she can still deliver the City of Heroes spiritual successor she set out to do in 2012. She hasn't done anything criminal but the hope she continues to dangle in front of the foolish people still following her little play project is one step away from criminal in my opinion.

After seven years GG knows she'll never turn that project into an actual game complete enough to launch yet she continues on like she will, and some people still haven't realized that she can't. Some people hold on to hope and remain in denial for far too long. These are some of the people I want to save but their denial makes it difficult.

If I see a project heading south I will abandon it to cut my losses. There are people out there that just don't want to do that and will accept the farce over reality. This is why I take most every opportunity to expose what GG is doing whenever I can. I keep trying to reach people so that word gets around and Golden Girl gets seen for the hack that she is and she finally gives up her little charade so people can move on to actual games and game projects.

Gdemami

• SilverTonguedSilverTongued Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Don’t play the victim. Take responsibility. 
    Blaze_Rocker
  • MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Jamar870 said:
    Just slight detour here. Anyone here have problem with those emoji things that are sometimes at the bottom of posts and seem to cover some of text in a post?

Yes...and it's very annoying! Very poorly designed forum, imo.

KyleranMendel
  • MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    @ the OP: Well, friendo, I hope you've learned a lesson here...never, ever, under any circumstances, ever give money to game developers until they have produced an actual game that is reasonably well polished and ready for prime time.

Also: If you want/need to say negative things about a game, or its developers/publisher, you don't say them on their website, silly goose, you say them on youtube, and other websites where you can lambaste the stink out of them without consequences. ;)
    Sovrath
  • rpger4liferpger4life Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    ZeekPlayz said:
    hohoholy shit ladies and gentlemen, I guess I didnt pay enough money to get the devs on my side. After making a couple of comments basically saying "If the game doesnt have alpha in 2020, its hopeless". Good opinions, as an opinion, by someone who can make opinions.

Basically, if I dont stop asking about the games progress/making constructive criticism on the development state, they are going to suspend my account with my package I paid 150$+ on.

Fucking wonderful.

For those of you who fell for this bullshit ass game and funded it, Xsolla has just confirmed my refund form a 2016 KS Count which was a little over $500.00. SBS has lied and has not shown us or apparently Xsolla anything to stop people from pursuing a full refund.. 

Kate (Xsolla Inc.)

Feb 7, 3:48 PM +05

Hello,

We're sorry to learn about this issue. After careful consideration, we have found that your payments are eligible for a refund. However, the payments were made more than 180 days ago, therefore we suggest the following options:
    PayPal refund. Please provide your email linked to a PayPal account. The refund time may take up to 10 days. Please note that we will keep the commission rate of the payment option, and the amount for a refund will be 502,44 USD. 

Kyleran[Deleted User]Torrsk
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    ZeekPlayz said:

Fucking wonderful.

Really? That's how you read that?

Of course you do.

I've been on forums for I don't know how many years and every time someone posts that they have been dissed by developers, that they are being persecuted, that they have been wronged we THEN see their posts and realized they needed to sit in a corner and think about what they did.

he says "... If your posts cannot be constructive ..."

this tells me that "your posts aren't constructive." That you are crossing a line and not just giving feedback.

He adds "tear down the studio" so lord knows what the heck you are actually saying. also "vilify."

Really? 

But you know, maybe he's overreacting. Maybe he's taking things too seriously.

So if you can just lead us to your posts so we can see how wrong he is, that would be a huge help.

Amathe
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2020
    A few points here.

1.  If you read what the OP has posted now and in the past it is not really anything close to "being a complete douche".

2.  It is totally in character, based on historical precedent, for their CM Serpentus to overreact to protect the bubble of alternate reality over there.

3.  It is the forums of SBS and they can do whatever they want to there.   They have a right to ban anyone from their forums.  Now if they banned you from the game then they better refund you.  Same thing if they use the forums for any form of actual game events. (and it will be interesting as they start using Discord for these events since they have a lot of banned customers)  But barring that, they get to make the rules in their forums.

So you are saying that his posts are constructive don't tear down the studio or "vilify" them? That they are appropriate?

Ok, fine then. edit: I'd still like to see for myself his posts.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo