Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got threatened by developers.

ZeekPlayzZeekPlayz Member UncommonPosts: 27
hohoholy shit ladies and gentlemen, I guess I didnt pay enough money to get the devs on my side. After making a couple of comments basically saying "If the game doesnt have alpha in 2020, its hopeless". Good opinions, as an opinion, by someone who can make opinions.

I get this GEM of a message, from Serpentius:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TRXDPIN.png[/img]

Basically, if I dont stop asking about the games progress/making constructive criticism on the development state, they are going to suspend my account with my package I paid 150$+ on.

Fucking wonderful.

Please, forum, why has god failed me?
GdemamiBlaze_Rockerbartoni33seraphis79NanfoodleGhavriggMouloxtos85

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Sounds like you've been shit-posting and got a warning.. What's the problem again?

Gdemamitweedledumb99Seelinnikoibartoni33seraphis79Sequriemmystichazenycplayboy78[Deleted User]Sovrathand 5 others.

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    At least, he's wishing you happy holidays !
    "Be a turd to that guy, but not a complete turd.  We want to make sure there is still potential to milk that loser some more, he's only spent 150$".
    Copperfield
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited November 2019
    They are a shitty group, you shouldn't even try posting shit on their forums if you value and want to keep your account safe.  It's why we post here at mmorpg cause buttsore devs/official forum mods can't pull a cartman on you.
    GdemamiBlaze_Rocker[Deleted User]tweedledumb99SeelinnikoiMaridflguy147ultimateduck

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited November 2019
    Sounds like you've been shit-posting and got a warning.. What's the problem again?

This^

I agree this game looks hopeless, but still, it could be they feel baited by your conduct. No use posting there and complaining on official forums. This has been a thing with official forums for most games since I can remember. They don't like negativity about their product.
    Blaze_RockerKylerantweedledumb99Sovrath
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    edited December 2019
    Assuming this was the thread/post - https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34348/partly-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-rain

Wouldn't really class that as 'shit-posting'.

Gdemamitweedledumb99[Deleted User]Psym0nultimateduck
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

I learned my lesson from that farce of a game project Heroes and Villains that that hack Golden Girl claims to be making.

After four years of development and very little to show for it I tried to get her to get more people on the development team and I even offered to help promote the project with my own money. From 2016 to 2017 I offered her two opportunities worth hundreds of dollars each, one of which could have been seen by a couple million people in just a few days, and she turned me down both times. Both were opportunities that legitimate developers would never turn down.

So, my criticisms moved from private chats to the forums. Certain posts were deleted and eventually my forum access was revoked. Later on, when another member called her out on the lack of progress their post was also deleted and their access was revoked.

Guilty people don't like being exposed because it can turn more people against them. I would say that most developers are quick to squash negative criticisms, even honest ones, in order to keep from losing support for their projects. Unless you are on the development team and have a personal stake in it then a simple monetary donation won't give you any security from the devs' wrath if you give them enough reason.

It's best to keep negative criticisms both subtle and civil, and if you think that you're ultimately getting screwed then throw your hands up, admit that you're getting screwed and that there's nothing you can do about it and just move on. It's gonna happen to someone, someway somehow.

Gdemami

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    A few considerations

You have been banned from their Discord as I recall, so you have a history of aggravating them.

$150 is a drop in the bucket, their big spenders will buy more Advent calendars this weekend than that.

They only threatened to revoke your forum access, not game access.

You lack subtlety in your criticism, consider dialing it back a bit and avoid hyperbole.

[Deleted User]ChildoftheShadows[Deleted User]tweedledumb99bartoni33TinkerBellCommandonycplayboy78

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    You are badass..derm derm deerrm deerrm badass !!

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Should i post Focii's DM's to me threatening to make sure my CoE account gets perma banned? do we need to go there? I think a lot of people don't see what's going on with some of these mods that not only think they have god powers but also verbally abuse community members.
    Blaze_RockerGdemami
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    It's Soulbound's game - they can do whatever they want. It's in the fine print, actually, if you care to read it. Just because you spent money on it doesn't grant you any rights what so ever.

[Deleted User]Blaze_RockerKylerantweedledumb99
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    ZeekPlayz said:
    hohoholy shit ladies and gentlemen, I guess I didnt pay enough money to get the devs on my side. After making a couple of comments basically saying "If the game doesnt have alpha in 2020, its hopeless". Good opinions, as an opinion, by someone who can make opinions.

I get this GEM of a message, from Serpentius:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TRXDPIN.png[/img]

Basically, if I dont stop asking about the games progress/making constructive criticism on the development state, they are going to suspend my account with my package I paid 150$+ on.

Fucking wonderful.

Please, forum, why has god failed me?
    And you rushed here to drum up support?  LOL! You can talk about a games progression if you have value to add, but just making a troll statement like above well you got what was coming to you. 
    Slapshot1188
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    I think SBS is just as incompetent and braindead as the next guy, but this I can't really support you on.  I'm firmly on the side of "Developers should be allowed to censor and silence people within their own forums and discords as they want," because it is their property and they should be allowed to moderate as they please.  If we take that right away from the developers, and throw it into random joe schmo's hands, then that raises the risk of uglier things like random joe schmo extorting the developers to keep their forums happy or upbeat.

Now, if they told you "If you keep vilifying us, we're taking you to court for the big D word (Defamation)," that's when I'd be up in arms right beside you.   Or if they came here demanding you to be banned on MMORPG.com for saying things they don't like.  Otherwise, you know exactly what you're going to get going in there and saying things that upset them.
    Kyleran
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

I don't have to follow the rules because I've given you money!!

Freedom of speech!! <---- I love this one.  In school they teach you what this actually means and what it applies to.

The forums that are hosted and paid for by private companies are not there as your personal sounding board.  They are not a right they are privilege.  There are rules when using them, if you don't follow them your privilege can be revoked.  It could also spill over to your account, that's pretty standard in the fine print of all online services.
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    I actually have to agree with most comments here.
    You have obviously been posting plenty of crap and actually it must have been quite bad and most likely deleted. 

I've called them out multiple times now, I've even done so in discord. 

I'm not banned in either and the only warning I had was for "trolling" on discord. That warning was later revoked and an apology given. 

So please don't come here calling for support with no evidence of what you actually posted prior to getting your warning. 
    Kyleran
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Lol almost every "The devs are mean" thread turn out to be the poster being a complete douche. No screen of what you were posting, no mention of what was said. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a warning for nothing but history is not on your side at this point and given the deceptive title one can only assume. If it was the post linked by FuryV then yeah that is insane.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    A few points here.

1.  If you read what the OP has posted now and in the past it is not really anything close to "being a complete douche".

2.  It is totally in character, based on historical precedent, for their CM Serpentus to overreact to protect the bubble of alternate reality over there.

3.  It is the forums of SBS and they can do whatever they want to there.   They have a right to ban anyone from their forums.  Now if they banned you from the game then they better refund you.  Same thing if they use the forums for any form of actual game events. (and it will be interesting as they start using Discord for these events since they have a lot of banned customers)  But barring that, they get to make the rules in their forums.

AnOldFartGdemamitweedledumb99[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Being "threatened" on the internet... and by literal nerds, no less.

FFS stop drinking soy.

Blaze_RockerKyleran
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Some interesting posts on this over on the official forums. Seems like at least one of the “King” level donors has been screenshoting posts that later disappear and there appear to be quite a few people unhappy with how Serpentus their CM has been stealth moderating posts and then just deleting things.
    Blaze_Rocker[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Just slight detour here. Anyone here have problem with those emoji things that are sometimes at the bottom of posts and seem to cover some of text in a post?
    Blaze_RockerSlapshot1188KyleranMendelimmodiumSovrath
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    The jokes on you for supporting that POS game. :neutral:
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    I love it when these threads turn out the complete opposite of what the OP intended.

Made my day.......lol
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited December 2019
    Some interesting posts on this over on the official forums. Seems like at least one of the “King” level donors has been screenshoting posts that later disappear and there appear to be quite a few people unhappy with how Serpentus their CM has been stealth moderating posts and then just deleting things.

When posts about legitimate concerns start disappearing then you know you've got at least one scumbag moderator behind it, and probably at least one scumbag developer too.

Please note that there is a difference between a legitimate concern, such as "The game needs/could use X feature because of (valid reason)" or "The game's backers would like to see some actual progress because you've shown none in two years" and just someone repeating/imploring the message that "This part of the game's progress needs to be ready at X point in time regardless of anything else simply because I am a backer and I say so."

Gdemami

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    The life you live when this counts as being "threatened".

alkarionlogNorseGodSovrath
  • DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37
    ROFL I drink coffee strong enough to hurt the OP's feelings. Suck it up and move on buttercup.
    KyleranalkarionlogChildoftheShadows
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Should i post Focii's DM's to me threatening to make sure my CoE account gets perma banned? do we need to go there? I think a lot of people don't see what's going on with some of these mods that not only think they have god powers but also verbally abuse community members.
    Yes you do. As they say, back it up or shut up
    Kyleran