Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Teases Cinematic During Game Awards on December 12 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online Teases Cinematic During Game Awards on December 12 - MMORPG.com

In a brace of tweets, we were teased with a new Elder Scrolls Online cinematic on the horizon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Very cool screenshot.
    ZenJelly

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I'd rather they tease some fixes to the list of 100+ bugs that have either been present for years or have re-pop up after being "fixed" years ago. Or...tease some performance improvements since their performance, especially on the EU megaserver, is the worst ever and for a game that's pushing 6 years old...it's unacceptable. Or....Lastly, fix the activity finder that hasn't worked for the 2.5 years it's been a feature. Eh, not as easy as re-skinning art assets to sell on a cash shop I suppose.
    [Deleted User]DarthDowtyBlueThunderBearBruceYeeJeroKaneZenJelly
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I am looking forward to the Game Awards. Not for this mind you. For other announcements.

Here's hoping for Smash dlc character 5!
    BlueThunderBearZenJelly
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    ESO cinematics are amazing
    [Deleted User]DarthDowtyViper482Agent_Josephbcbully
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Alomar said:

I'd rather they tease some fixes to the list of 100+ bugs that have either been present for years or have re-pop up after being "fixed" years ago. Or...tease some performance improvements since their performance, especially on the EU megaserver, is the worst ever and for a game that's pushing 6 years old...it's unacceptable. Or....Lastly, fix the activity finder that hasn't worked for the 2.5 years it's been a feature. Eh, not as easy as re-skinning art assets to sell on a cash shop I suppose.

Don't forget they recently broke the guild finder and are actively forum banning people for mentioning it :D good job zos
    [Deleted User]JeroKaneZenJelly
    Actually, can we talk about how awful ZoS actually is?

This year they banned more than half of the forum posters in the Housing forum's for asking if they would update housing, began introducing actual pay to win elements including extra inventory slots for people m for $15 which is the worst monetization ever, shut down the usual routine of quarterly updates across the map to simply reuse assets for an entire year, broke dungeon finder worse than before, had to shut down 3 seasonal events due to them simply not functioning, broke guild finder, introduced a class that flat out does not function, buffed all attacks by 80% then nerfed them by 60% then buffed them by 40% then nerfed them by 80% in literally 3 patchs, deleted several items that people bought with real money because they accidentally made you invisible permanently in PvP, and (my all time favorite) allowed the community manager and the forum moderators to threaten people who didn't violate any rules.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]etlarJeroKane
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    More weapon skills both stam and mag

More stuff to do with housing

Maybe some useful function for pets

BETTER stuff to buy in the shop.

At this point ANYTHING besides the same reskinned paid dlc and nasty looking armor sets constantly being added to the shop.
    Viper482[Deleted User]ZenJelly

Alomar said:

Don't forget they recently broke the guild finder and are actively forum banning people for mentioning it :D good job zos

No they are banning the hate filled douchenozzles that show up and insult the developers and anyone else that dares to like the game.

And it's about Fing time too, but it's hard to cure an anal wart...so you can bet during the ESO black friday sale they will buy several keys just to get back to crying about the game they hate but will never leave.

No, they are banning people who say anything considered "critical" of the dev team regardless of whether or not it violates rules. Hell, the mods will even tell you that's the policy on the forums.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Alomar said:

No they are banning the hate filled douchenozzles that show up and insult the developers and anyone else that dares to like the game.

And it's about Fing time too, but it's hard to cure an anal wart...so you can bet during the ESO black friday sale they will buy several keys just to get back to crying about the game they hate but will never leave.

No, they are banning people who say anything considered "critical" of the dev team regardless of whether or not it violates rules. Hell, the mods will even tell you that's the policy on the forums.

I think I believe Warhawke. More than likely it's "how" they are being critical. It's always been that way. People come here, complain that "all they were doing was being honest" "all they were doing was pointing out what was wrong" and then you look at their posts and they should sent to their rooms.
    wkyfam
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I complained a lot on the forums about how horrible performance is on the EU server back in 2018. I then took a 9 month break due to rage about their undelivered promises.

I was respectful then and did not receive a ban.

I came back a month ago, only to experience horrible performance on the EU servers, and more promises from ZOS.

I posted on the forums as well, and did not receive a ban.

All I can do in this case is to cease giving them my money, which I did. No more ESO plus, no more logging in.

Maybe if they actually fix the server I will consider giving them money again, but at this point, they have betrayed the trust of their customer.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Elidien said:

I would like stuff in the shop that isn't 15000 crowns. I mean really - why does every damn house have to be huge? Can;t I just have a small mountain cabin.

And selling skyshards and skill lines (first vampire and werewolf, now mages guild and fighters guild). I know its convenience but its a slippery slope.

The closest home to a cabin in the woods is the snow globe that is around 6k crowns during Xmas time or that witches hut during Halloween event.

They added the skill lines I think cause it's been hard to find groups for dungeons lately. Dunno why maybe it's just broken or the hamster keeping it all going finally died.

Sovrath said:

Alomar said:

I think I believe Warhawke. More than likely it's "how" they are being critical. It's always been that way. People come here, complain that "all they were doing was being honest" "all they were doing was pointing out what was wrong" and then you look at their posts and they should sent to their rooms.

Sovrath said:

Alomar said:

The thing is, you're applying normal forum logic to ZoS. Saying anything negative about the game is considered a rule violation no matter how constructive it is. The ESO forums are truly bizarre.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    The cinematics are the best part of this game.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Happy to see the Dec update. I have really enjoyed Elsweyr so far. Funny coming from WoW being my main MMOs for many years. ESO over the past 5-6 months has seemed like a breath of fresh air. I have tried to see what most of the complainers are so vocal about. Seems like most MMOs, updates happen. Changes to classes, some work and some do not. MMOs have bugs and some bugs persistent for the life of a MMO. I have played EQ1 on and off from launch. They have many bugs still happening that were seen since the games inception. In 20+ years of MMOing I have come to realize, you can let bugs stop you from playing a good game or you can just accept the fact you can still have fun dispute the bugs. For me... I'm going to go enjoy what this game has to offer and not focus on where it does not shine.
  • FappyEndingFappyEnding Member CommonPosts: 4
    Dead queues, dead game.