Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Test-flying/driving 90 different ships/vehicles for free

123457»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:
    The popularity of a game on twitch hits on how interesting it is to watch it being streamed. Some games are boring to watch, others are fun to watch, SC is doing well on retaining streaming & viewer interest considering its current status.
    That's one way of seeing things... another is that It's doing incredibly bad for a game that's had 7+ years of development, has had the most crowdfunded funds in history, has 500+ devs working on it and has been endlessly spammed by fans on gaming internet media.

https://sullygnome.com/game/Star_Citizen/365/compare/88_97_33627_258_24826_78_7206_25174

It still has nothing to do with how many players actually play it... which we can easily calculate from CIG's released numbers.

Together with the fact alphas as is it lacks content/gameplay mechanics, has multiple issues and has that unpolished wonky play, I have to say it's doing pretty good on Twitch

According to babs this game has more content and gameplay then other released games. So which is it?
    It does, just the fact a game is released and the other isn't does not mean a released game always has more possible gameplay than the other, that'd be a weird assumption to make.

But you just said it lacks gameplay and content. Stop back peddling and pick a stance
    Chill with the nitpickery. Both comments can and do co-exist in context.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:
    The popularity of a game on twitch hits on how interesting it is to watch it being streamed. Some games are boring to watch, others are fun to watch, SC is doing well on retaining streaming & viewer interest considering its current status.
    That's one way of seeing things... another is that It's doing incredibly bad for a game that's had 7+ years of development, has had the most crowdfunded funds in history, has 500+ devs working on it and has been endlessly spammed by fans on gaming internet media.

https://sullygnome.com/game/Star_Citizen/365/compare/88_97_33627_258_24826_78_7206_25174

It still has nothing to do with how many players actually play it... which we can easily calculate from CIG's released numbers.

Together with the fact alphas as is it lacks content/gameplay mechanics, has multiple issues and has that unpolished wonky play, I have to say it's doing pretty good on Twitch

According to babs this game has more content and gameplay then other released games. So which is it?
    It does, just the fact a game is released and the other isn't does not mean a released game always has more possible gameplay than the other, that'd be a weird assumption to make.

But you just said it lacks gameplay and content. Stop back peddling and pick a stance
    I’m not being nit picky. You said there wasn’t that much  content and gameplay mechanics cause it is an alpha, I said according to babs that’s not true then you backpeddled and said it does. I’m simply wondering which fan I should be listening to since you both are giving out contradictory info.
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:

I’m not being nit picky. You said there wasn’t that much  content and gameplay mechanics cause it is an alpha, I said according to babs that’s not true then you backpeddled and said it does. I’m simply wondering which fan I should be listening to since you both are giving out contradictory info.
    In the context of the scope of the game itself, that has we know is vast.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:

And in the context of Chris Roberts is known for over promising and under delivering I would say judging the game by what it has currently would be the smart move.
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:

And in the context of Chris Roberts is known for over promising and under delivering I would say judging the game by what it has currently would be the smart move.
    And I am judging as is, as it's a game in dev we know it's part of what it wants to be hence the disclaimer, as far as the discussion went it easily for me and many others provided more gameplay hours than other games I paid with, the nature of the game simply allows that depending on what you want to do.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Babuinix said:
    You could answer the basic first:

-Doesn't having more ships, more weapons or more gameplay variety count-?

Sure, I'll humor you, let's see if you'll do the same and answer my question about what you consider as gameplay variety.

More ships but there's zero progression plus you lose your stuff every patch unless you're willing to shell out hundreds or thousands of $$$
    Does it have more weapons? Elite has a ton of weapons at each size plus they're modifiable etc.

Babuinix said:
    Also, why do you think (your personal opinion) Star Citizen gets so many more viewers than ED.
    We have been discussing a lot of this just up from your post, it's all there if you want to read it.

Perhaps you could tell us why Elite has a much higher concurrency than Star Citizen?
    There's progression ofc, you can buy and rent many ship's and ground vehicles already very quickly, you can also buy gear for your avatar that help you do more difficult missions like the bunker cleaning ones or bounty hunting.

I'm not sure how many weapons SC or ED have but since SC allows for fighting both on ship and on foot it's understandable that it has more weapons available. Ship weapons are not modifiable but fps weapons can get the usual silencers/flashlights/muzzle/redot's.

Well for me the reason Star Citizen get's so many more viewers than ED is because of player interaction and the freedom it provides along with the emergent gameplay it generates.

But Elite doesn't have much higher concurrency than Star Citizen, in fact I see more and more elite players spending more time not only spending more time with Star Citizen than in Elite  :)
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:

And I am judging as is, as it's a game in dev we know it's part of what it wants to be hence the disclaimer, as far as the discussion went it easily for me and many others provided more gameplay hours than other games I paid with, the nature of the game simply allows that depending on what you want to do.
    We weren’t talking about gameplay hours though we were talking about content and gameplay mechanics. They are very different things.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:
    There's progression ofc, you can buy and rent many ship's and ground vehicles already very quickly, you can also buy gear for your avatar that help you do more difficult missions like the bunker cleaning ones or bounty hunting.
    Limited progression at this point because so much of it is temporary. It's not persistent progression which is what's useful in games.
    Babuinix said:
    I'm not sure how many weapons SC or ED have but since SC allows for fighting both on ship and on foot it's understandable that it has more weapons available. Ship weapons are not modifiable but fps weapons can get the usual silencers/flashlights/muzzle/redot's.
    Just because it allows for foot and ship doesn't mean there are more right now. Elite for example has Fixed, Gimballed and Turreted versions of every weapon, it has size ranges from small up to huge, it then has Thermal, Kinetic, Explosive weapons, all the weapons are modifiable as is the ammo, it has defensive weaponry, healing weaponry, mines, thargoid based weapons etc. There's a surprisingly large range of stuff.
    Babuinix said:
    Well for me the reason Star Citizen get's so many more viewers than ED is because of player interaction and the freedom it provides along with the emergent gameplay it generates.
    I think it is more due to everyone being crammed together right now. If you had 100 systems people would be spread out so much more, there would be considerably less interaction, Elite on the other hand so much you can go with player interaction for months depending on what you are doing.
    Babuinix said:
    But Elite doesn't have much higher concurrency than Star Citizen, in fact I see more and more elite players spending more time not only spending more time with Star Citizen than in Elite  :)
    LOL. You were doing so well and then you went and ruined it. Elite's concurrency is absolutely higher, and if there was 1 reason it's because people know their shit isn't going to get wiped.