Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift 5th Anniversary Racing Snail Giveaway! - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRift 5th Anniversary Racing Snail Giveaway! - MMORPG.com

MMORPG.com has been given special gift keys for Rift that will give players the Racing Snail in game mount! Get your free key now!

Read the full story here

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited November 2019
    How exactly it's 5th anniversary giveaway if the game is 8 years old? Or is it 5th giveaway of 8th year anniversary?
    Tokkenbarasawa

Thank you for your time!

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Rhoklaw said:

I thought Gamigo shut this game down? lol.

No, they are still working on it. To shutdown, that is.
    JeroKane
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Thank you. Oh, I have to play?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think that was 2950 keys too many to giveaway on Gamigo's part.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited December 2019
    anyone want my key? lol. Just saying.....

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    IS this game still running ! ?? It was a great game at one time period..it was close to beat wow vanilla..but then they fecked it up and got greedy

edited December 2019

IS this game still running ! ?? It was a great game at one time period..it was close to beat wow vanilla..but then they fecked it up and got greedy

I dont know about ever coming close to beating wow, but I personally liked it more than wow simply because of the support role option. But yeah Trion killed this game, which is really really unfortunate. Maybe Gamigo will try to sell it off like they did with a coupl of other games that lost actual development teams and someone can at least set up some 'classic' servers.
    Post edited by Albatroes on
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    But how dead is this game today ?

Pretty dead, you can look at the official forums and find out that there hasn't been a 'new' update in like 2-3 years.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Welcome to our 5th anniversary of no new content in Rift! To show you the state of our development team we are giving away snails!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    rertezScotSeelinnikoisschruppsyltmackaghettocelebLynda2Psym0n
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    I actually played a bit of rift yesterday. So basically you can jump right into action instantly at level 10 I believe? And here you are lvl 65 like everyone else doing those instant dungeons or whatever they call them. Gets boring quick.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    3dom said:
    How exactly it's 5th anniversary giveaway if the game is 8 years old? Or is it 5th giveaway of 8th year anniversary?
    Easier than that, just literally what the title says. This snail was for the 5th anniversary :)
    So, a [Rift 5th anniversary racing snail] giveaway. Probably they've found a box of keys tucked away in a corner during the handover checklist... and gamigo is like "hey little Timmy, remember the cake at your 5th bday, guess what, here's a few more slices, yep of course I know it was years ago".

At least the keys don't go foul by the years, like a cake would :)
    (and a free account-wide mount is always good. Looks ridiculous though)
    Scot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    lahnmir said:
    Welcome to our 5th anniversary of no new content in Rift! To show you the state of our development team we are giving away snails!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Dammit I had my snail paced joke all ready to go. :)
    lahnmirSeelinnikoi
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Anybody else getting reminded of Never Ending Story ?
    Scotsschrupp

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Albatroes said:

Pretty dead, you can look at the official forums and find out that there hasn't been a 'new' update in like 2-3 years.

My guild Free Masons has 20 -40 on every nite , the game is not dead , Even my lvl 32 healer in Gloamwood atm is able to complete Rift events 50% of the time as there are enough low level players around .. But game is top heavy .. for sure .. And that part of the community is pretty active
    sschrupp
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    its dead jim
    TokkenSeelinnikoiRenoaku
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Rift was a really good game, shame how mismanaged it was by idiots at Trion and now these clowns.
    Seelinnikoi
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Still 2811 Keys, and No Dragon Scale Snail Mount?
    Scorchien said:

Albatroes said:

My guild Free Masons has 20 -40 on every nite , the game is not dead , Even my lvl 32 healer in Gloamwood atm is able to complete Rift events 50% of the time as there are enough low level players around .. But game is top heavy .. for sure .. And that part of the community is pretty active
    yeah.....those 50 players will definitely save the game....
    Nice to know what the "current rift team" views as "content" with this response to a tweet: "...surely there is more to RIFT to be had than just Zones, Quests, Raids, and Dungeons! We pride ourselves on the originality of our lore, achievements to be had, professions to be maxed, platinum to be obtained, and warfronts to be won!"
    8:56 AM · Dec 12, 2019·Falcon Social Media Management
  • AvaeryauAvaeryau Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Took 1. Now at 2199. XD