Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warframe: Empyrean Here We Come! - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarframe: Empyrean Here We Come! - MMORPG.com

It has been almost two years since Digital Extremes announced Railjack, now Empyrean. Just last week, during Dev Stream #133, the developers announced they were going to drop the precursor patch to Empyrean, on PC shortly after the Dev stream concluded. Join Aaron has be breaks down the Rising Tide patch in Warframe!

Read the full story here

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    edited November 2019
    1) Build one Railjack: Done!
    2) Wait impatiently for content to use Railjack in: In progress...
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    All this is is a desperate attempt by DE to get people hyped since every bit of hype for Empyrian was pretty much gone. Can't wait to see how buggy and broken Empyrian will ultimately be.
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    "The developers want everyone to be able to experience the space battles of Empyrean at the same time."

This only applies to people playing RIGHT NOW!
    If you're a new player or return at Empyrian's release, you're fked.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Enjoying patch so far, they said it was just the dry dock multiple times so I'm not sure why people are whining.
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    edited November 2019
    I think new players will have considerable difficulty meeting the resource costs of building the new sigma ships. The credit cost alone is 6 millions credits.

I think it would have been wiser to gate behind a story quest rather a resource grind. The drydock building is okay since it can be done as a clan.
    Post edited by mystik13 on
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

mystik13 said:

I think new players will have considerable difficulty meeting the resource costs of building the new sigma ships. The credit cost alone is 6 millions credits.

I think it would have been wiser to gate behind a story quest rather a resource grind. The drydock building is okay since it can be done as a clan.

Its ok to make content for people who've been playing rather than make everything trivial so new players can enjoy it. If you want to skip to the end in a game there are plenty of mobile titles available for you.
    QSatu
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Empyrean holds little interest for me. I'm not a big fan of space combat in any game.

Warframe's appeal to me has always been the third person melee and gunplay.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    I dounbt not having build you own Railjack will be an issue. Anough people will have build one so that all can get in group with one who does own one.

Gonna be interesting how they will do auto grouping for those new missions though, as it will require at least one to have a Railjack.