Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Mobile Hits 4 Million Pre-Registrations, Giveaway Underway - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlack Desert Mobile Hits 4 Million Pre-Registrations, Giveaway Underway - MMORPG.com

Pearl Abyss announced mobile pre-registrations for Black Desert Mobile has hit 4 million.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    That just means that dev recourses are going to move even more from the pc and more to the mobile market
    Too bad I hate mobile games
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Runs fine and seems ok for a mobile game.
  • AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I keep hearing mobile games are big in Asia and that is why developers are focusing on them more in the West. I don't live in Asia and it would be problematic of me to speculate on if that is true.

I wouldn't underestimate how big mobile gaming quietly is in the West. But it isn't 'gamers' supporting the industry from what I can see. I catch public transport and am frequently surprised by the number of people playing games on their phones and the broad range of demographics. The range of games seems broad too looking over people's shoulders....everything from Candy Crush-like games to puzzle games to Clash of Clans type things to Hearthstone to fighting games to rpgs and mmo's.

I used to work in retail and had a manager who was lazy af and spent most of his time playing crap on his phone instead of working. Same manager disrespected people and called them nerds for playing WoW. There were other workers there that would play on their phone during breaks or sneak some time in when they could.

We need to stop framing the issue in terms of 'why would anyone play a watered down version of a game when the console or pc version is better' and understand the ubiquity and history of people keeping themselves entertained on their phones when they aren't at home. People who often don't game when they are at home.

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited November 2019

DMKano said:

Arterius said:

Wow. That is a lot of people. I have pretty beastly computer and the game barely runs for me though on the few occasions that I have tried. So I can't imagine what its going to run like on a phone

auto-play

Apparently mobile players get all the best features. They should add it to PC client, or more like expand it - considering there is automated PvE already (training dummies, fishing).

Thank you for your time!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2019
    Pre-registration numbers don't mean much. I haven't played a single mobile game out of the dozens i've pre-registered for. I do it to remind me the game exists so I can get wallpapers after launch.

They should brag about numbers after launch.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    No one cares about mobile games right?

LOLOLOLOLOL
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    It is a huge market and I know why devs and producers are focusing it.

But honestly is bad new for anyone who wants an actual deep game. Phones are still an extremely limited platform, and there is simply no way for a phone mmo to even come remotely close to competing with a PC or Console based mmo. And the more success mobile mmos have the less developers will focus on PC launches.

I am in the hell no for the mobil crowd. Phone games are for short sessions. MMOs are 100% not the genre I go to when I want to play short gaming sessions.

I would be more pissed but they announced they are working on a new flagship title for pc. So I will give them a pass on this one.
    Gdemami
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    wonder how many of those regs work for pearl abyss ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This why mobile games get all the money for development, well it does not need that much money either and the returns are huge.
    cheyane

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Goodbye BDO PC and console it was nice knowing you.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Love it so far :open_mouth: :love:

infomatz

• thighhighsthighhighs Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited November 2019
    Seems like people missed the memo of them handing out a free pc client code. I had a few of my friends prereg jusf for that and i did the same for a backup code. How many others grabbed a few codes too?
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited December 2019
    This pretty much cements what I always thought about this game.  It came out on PC but the mechanics never seemed right for PC  Parts of the game made sense but other parts just didn't fit. And the monetization model really is perfect for a simpler device. All the real progression in this game is about clicking simple systems and spending money in the cash shop to make the process go smoother. Its not about doing things in the open world with others. People know this and understand how well it will translate to a smartphone.