Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Shares Update on November Performance Improvements and 2020 Look Ahead - MMORPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online Shares Update on November Performance Improvements and 2020 Look Ahead - MMORPG.com

The Elder Scrolls Online shared an update on the ongoing performance improvements and shared new details on the road ahead.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Corwyn4uCorwyn4u Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited November 2019
    I'd wish they would overhaul the complete combat system. It's really bad imo. Every player is whirling arms in the air and whiffing spellish combat moves without impact whatsoever. And I don't even mention this abysmal delayed reaction target hp bar. Otherwise great world, interesting quests, good scaling of building/dungeons. Even RvRvR. Only combat sucks like no tomorrow.
    BlueThunderBearRungarretiredmjFolmenMoariNKCelcius[Deleted User]RaquisWarlyxViper482and 5 others.
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Corwyn4u said:

I'd wish they would overhaul the complete combat system. It's really bad imo. Every player is whirling arms in the air and whiffing spellish combat moves without impact whatsoever. And I don't even mention this abysmal delayed reaction target hp bar. Otherwise great world, interesting quests, good scaling of building/dungeons. Even RvRvR. Only combat sucks like no tomorrow.

I love when someone complains about something solely because they hear others complain about it and then accidentally make it super obvious they haven't played the game.
    NanfoodleSaunZFolmenMoariNKnepulasViper482HarikenTacticalZombehRadooSlyLoK
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    My idea is to judge them after they have executed their plan. Or we could just bash them now and not care what the outcome is. 
    BlueThunderBear
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150

Nanfoodle said:

My idea is to judge them after they have executed their plan. Or we could just bash them now and not care what the outcome is. 

They were supposed to fix the EU server back in summer 2018.

It is still broken.

NanfoodleFolmenJeroKane
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

Corwyn4u said:

I love when someone complains about something solely because they hear others complain about it and then accidentally make it super obvious they haven't played the game.

LOL, so true

Sz :)
    Folmen
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160

Corwyn4u said:

Seriously, there's a poop ton of stuff to complain about BDO....Combat isn't one of them
    speedylegs8BlueThunderBear
  • speedylegs8speedylegs8 Member UncommonPosts: 15

retiredmj said:

Corwyn4u said:

Seriously, there's a poop ton of stuff to complain about BDO....Combat isn't one of them

wrong game my guy lmao this is eso

retiredmj said:

Corwyn4u said:

Wrong game, good point though. BDO is bad but its combat is amazers
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Corwyn4u said:

Except he's 100% correct. This is ESO combat (done right):

A crackhead on adderall and caffeine would twitch less.
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Corwyn4u said:

Well it's original Skyrim combat without mods of course it's outrageous so you just have to get used to it.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited November 2019

Corwyn4u said:

The game is pretty great outside the combat, which is generally why I have not gone back in a while. My biggest problem with the combat is that you have to animation cancel to do reasonably good damage and movement feels floaty.
    Viper482
  • nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

Corwyn4u said:

i love when the fanboys arrive.
    but besides the absolute trash combat hp / ui stuff can be fixed with proper ui mods ( shouldn't be a thing ) the world is great, questing sometimes felt like a terrible grind and i always preferred everquest quest design.
    i m not a fan of scalable content but I guess that's what the kids want these days.
    rvr can be good sometimes but besides horrific performance and server performance it's not nowhere near daoc in terms of rvr
    Viper482

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    yes, the combat sucks in ESO we did not want an elder scrolls MMO we just wanted elders scrolls games where you could co-op but these money worshipers wanted to suck as much money as they could out of gamers.
    Viper482
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    It is the combat which finally made me leave the game. It is quite a great world and the whole voice-over-for-all-quests thing makes it really appealing, but the way the characters move and the stiffness of the combat just sucks. It's hard to become immersed in it.
    Viper482
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    edited November 2019
    the only thing I dislike about teso's combat is it forces the stick or melee thing... what if I want to cast spells with a 2H or go shield and spell or something hybrid just isn't viable and for me that kills it.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Have to agree. The combat is what made me leave the game also. I love almost everything else about this game but cant deal with the horrible combat for too long :(
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    See, I dont even mind the combat, for me the quests seem very slow and only a few of them have actually caught my eye as interesting, and those were all side quests. Also, hate the character building system and the 'meta' fads.
    Viper482
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited November 2019

Corwyn4u said:

Ummm, I played well into max and 300+ champ and I agree with him 100%. The combat lacks "oomph", it is very lackluster. Discrediting someone's opinion by claiming they did not play is juvenile. Hell, he even stated what he liked about the game but you had to go fanboy.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

nepulas said:

Corwyn4u said:

but besides the absolute trash combat hp / ui stuff can be fixed with proper ui mods ( shouldn't be a thing ) the world is great, questing sometimes felt like a terrible grind and i always preferred everquest quest design.

i m not a fan of scalable content but I guess that's what the kids want these days.

rvr can be good sometimes but besides horrific performance and server performance it's not nowhere near daoc in terms of rvr

Good try. I'm more critical of ESO and ZOS than anyone. This particular criticism however, it's pretty obvious he's just parroting what he thinks will get him some internet agrees.
    Viper482
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Corwyn4u said:

Agreed It happens so much here.
    BlueThunderBearViper482

Datastar said:

the only thing I dislike about teso's combat is it forces the stick or melee thing... what if I want to cast spells with a 2H or go shield and spell or something hybrid just isn't viable and for me that kills it.

Sad thing is, at launch you could build a viable hybrid class. ZoS just continues to wreck anything good in this game though in favor of horrifically monetized cash shop items are are slowly drifting toward pay to win.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

nepulas said:

Corwyn4u said:

Good try. I'm more critical of ESO and ZOS than anyone. This particular criticism however, it's pretty obvious he's just parroting what he thinks will get him some internet agrees.
    And yet your responses are nothing more than "no u".  Pretty obvious you have no argument to make.
    Viper482
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    ESO combat is keeping up 4 self buffs, 2 dots and spamming 1 damage ability, while light attack animation canceling inbetween all of it. It's a joke, period.
    Viper482
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Strange that so many dislike combat in ESO. Besides not amazing animations I find combat in this game far more enjoyable than in most mmos.
    BruceYee
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited November 2019

nepulas said:

Corwyn4u said:

So in your mind anyone who says ESO combat sucks is just saying it because they heard it somewhere else? Or maybe.....just maybe (hang with me here) the popular opinion is the combat sucks?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!