Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man’s Sky Shares Details in Synthesis Update - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNo Man’s Sky Shares Details in Synthesis Update - MMORPG.com

The Synthesis update for No Man's Sky is here bringing with it a host of new features and swathe of updates.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    This game and its development team really went above and beyond in redeeming themselves from the catastrophic launch!

/salute and well done!
    sgelfoppoteefoxgirlchocolate42069dragonlee66GruugThupliTokkenoriya9bartoni33and 9 others.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Absolutely. They seem to have worked their arses off and added so many changes and improvements.

It's become a very fun space game.
    Seelinnikoichocolate42069ThupliTokkenDryxalinesschruppTacticalZombehfoppotee

..Cake..

• ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

sgel said:

Absolutely. They seem to have worked their arses off and added so many changes and improvements.

It's become a very fun space game.

This legitimately one of my favorite games. Childhood dream to explore space and man, this game provides that for me!
    sgelDryxalineSeelinnikoiUntamedgunnerfoppotee
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    more weapons update I see a nice improvement, too bad the combat was not big, just exploration and space are nice, if they could up teh combat it would be perfect
    TokkenDryxaline
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    Biggest redemption story in gaming history. Period.

Love the game, love the team.
    DryxalineSeelinnikoijimmywolfdragonlee66UntamedgunnerJeroKanefoppotee
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Ive really enjoyed my time in NMS and commend Hello Ga,es for the turn around ..

My biggest beef with NMS is that you cannot do anything Wrong , its a very weird feeling , as you just coast thru this game knowing there is no wrong decision to be made .. Just mars the immersion and fun for me ...
    MendelPhaserlight
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Scorchien said:
    Ive really enjoyed my time in NMS and commend Hello Ga,es for the turn around ..

My biggest beef with NMS is that you cannot do anything Wrong , its a very weird feeling , as you just coast thru this game knowing there is no wrong decision to be made .. Just mars the immersion and fun for me ...
    Hello Games is worthy of the laurels they receive, their game launched in an almost dead-on-arrival state and they resuscitated it very nicely.

There is a limit with the NMS experience, though.  I like @Scorchien's observation -- that you can'r really do anything wrong.  There's no real risk, only the possibility of wasting several dozen hours doing something unnecessary.  The real challenge is the player's patience -- how long will I stay committed to the game seems to be the most difficult part.

The game is very good for what it is, but I get tired of it quickly.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Mendel said:
    Scorchien said:

Hello Games is worthy of the laurels they receive, their game launched in an almost dead-on-arrival state and they resuscitated it very nicely.

There is a limit with the NMS experience, though.  I like @Scorchien's observation -- that you can'r really do anything wrong.  There's no real risk, only the possibility of wasting several dozen hours doing something unnecessary.  The real challenge is the player's patience -- how long will I stay committed to the game seems to be the most difficult part.

The game is very good for what it is, but I get tired of it quickly.

A good observation by both, I agree. But these guys.... I applaud them. Keep trucking and surpass SC before it launches, I believe in you  <3

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Well they collected the sallery, its good to see that they also do the work. They did howevet scam the audience to buy into an early access state game by missleading them.
    jgDuffay said:
    Well they collected the sallery, its good to see that they also do the work. They did howevet scam the audience to buy into an early access state game by missleading them.
    Yeah, that is totally what happened...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Echoing the great comeback sentiments. I will check out the game after this patch. Some of the item being added were also my biggest hang ups with the game.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Scorchien said:

One Man's Lie is now on my Wish list.  Oh, what a world!

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

lahnmir said:

jgDuffay said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

If it is not, please indulge me in how the marketing for No man's sky was not misleading when the game was launched in an unfinished state. I get that it was not perhaps the intention while promising intended features for a game, but that does not excuse it.

Any game that lunches in an unfinished state and is advertised as a new title without an early access program is a scam, they are sadly far from alone in this. But talking about features that isn't in the game as if they are, needs to be specified as intended features not existing features. There are also cases where Sean Murrey lied about how the game worked in general.

I didn't buy the game at launch and wasn't intending to do so either at the time, I am just simply stating that it's great that they managed to turn it around how they did since they took the money, I might even buy it one day since it's starting to look really good.

But I am taking everything Hello games do in the future with a grain of salt.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    I love NMS. So much fun, so many possibilities. I just wish it were easier to play with friends in the same area, wish there were clans so we could build together with friends and the bases stayed in the game like Ark does rather than only when the player is online. Would be fun to see friends progress on whatever base building stuff they've added to the clans base.
    [Deleted User]foppoteePhaserlight
    edited December 2019
    jgDuffay said:

lahnmir said:

jgDuffay said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

If it is not, please indulge me in how the marketing for No man's sky was not misleading when the game was launched in an unfinished state. I get that it was not perhaps the intention while promising intended features for a game, but that does not excuse it.

Any game that lunches in an unfinished state and is advertised as a new title without an early access program is a scam, they are sadly far from alone in this. But talking about features that isn't in the game as if they are, needs to be specified as intended features not existing features. There are also cases where Sean Murrey lied about how the game worked in general.

I didn't buy the game at launch and wasn't intending to do so either at the time, I am just simply stating that it's great that they managed to turn it around how they did since they took the money, I might even buy it one day since it's starting to look really good.

But I am taking everything Hello games do in the future with a grain of salt.
    Lets be clear, Murray absolutely sucks at PR. Which isn´t surprising since he isn´t a PR guy.

When people talk about Hello Games and the rough start of NMS they tend to forget (or not know) the role Sony played in all of that. First of, Sony hyped Hello Games and their product and when there was enough interest they threw them in front of the press to fend for themselves. As we all know, that didn´t really work out. A strange thing since Sony has quite a huge PR department and Hello Games was just an indie developer, there is a reason PR is a job, Murray and Hello Games were, logically, not up to the task.

Secondly, when you talk about also doing the work I guess you weren't aware that a natural disaster hit the Hello Games offices destroying roughly 40% of the work done on the game. Kind of shitty when you have a deadline to make and have promised quite a bit you now can't live up to.

Hello Games didn't whine, they didn't point fingers, they didn't give up, they simply went back to work after the game released and added everything promised, and more. At breakneck speed I might add, without charging a penny extra. These guys didn't just do the work, they did it twice.

So yes, Hello Games and Murray shouldn't be allowed near a PR event ever again and just do what they are supposed to do, make a good game. However, Sony really made a few bad decisions here and it would be great if people would stop blaming Hello Games for them.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

oriya9 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Biggest redemption story in gaming history. Period.

Love the game, love the team.

I think it's #2 behind FFXIV's relaunch.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.