Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Offers Refunds For Placing Games in Stadia Pro Sub After Having Initially Sold Them

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGoogle Offers Refunds For Placing Games in Stadia Pro Sub After Having Initially Sold Them

It looks like Google is offering refunds to consumers after adding games to the Stadia Pro subscription service shortly after putting those same games on sale.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The title of this is kinda crappy. Anyone who bought the December free games are getting refunded. Simple as that.. both Sony and Microsoft have denied me a similar refund.

Good for Google I say.
    chocolate42069MikehaIr1shguyLiljna
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    IMHO they owe a lot more refunds to people who they misled.
    Lark3mTacticalZombeh
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    The bigger story here is that someone actually paid for titles on Stadia.
    Lark3m
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Ridelynn said:
    The bigger story here is that someone actually paid for titles on Stadia.
    I am guessing this is Tomb Radier. . the old one that was like $14 CDN with the pro discount.  I believe it was one of the only games that actually streamed in 4K.  I was tempted to grab it because it was the cheapest title and I wanted to see how good it looked.  It was a great price for a game that maybe people missed. . and not much else to buy.  I doubt it was a flood of Farming Sim purchases :)

My awesome experience turned into trash today. . absolute crap . . skipping. . horrible artifacting and with better results on their speed test.  It was unplayable and I have a high tolerance for that stuff.  

I thought it played well and it did. . especially with a controller.  When I downloaded Destiny 2 on s team though and played the same areas with the same character the mouse and keyboard was a lot smoother and this was with no noticable input lag.  I couldn't see it from just one movement but overall I noticed the affect. . missed a lot more shots. . overshot enemies etc. 

My bias, having purchased and being interested in the tech etc. was toward excusing it and I just can't.  It will go back tomorrow :(
    Neptus

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!