Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roleplaying Server?

Hey all. I've always loved being part of a Roleplaying community in the various MMO's I've played. It helps to offer a certain maturity and sense of purpose in an MMO that I've always loved. I'm just wondering if there would be any chance for an RP server in TCoS, or even a community push for one. I have a feeling there's not too many RP'ers around here, but I hope I'm not the only one. Help me out! :P

-Stalvis

Comments

• mutantmagnetmutantmagnet Member Posts: 274
    There won't be alternate rules servers because the game is being built with pvp and roleplaying in mind to various degrees.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Concerning roleplaying is the overall storyline itself. Based on the house you choose will determine the quests available to you. A portion of those quests are designed to intersect with quests from other houses with compatable or conflicting ojectives in mind. Your friends one day will become your enemies another time. 

Then there is the way the world is changed by player actions. The latest E3 preview shows how time travelling will affect your world and expect changes to occur that don't directly need to be done through these Ancestral Quests.

Lastly concerns the GMs. A portion or all of the GMs (I'm betting on the former due to costs) will be community managers with the direct responsibility of coordinating in game events predetermined by the developers and in game events designed in collaboration with players.                                                                                                                                                                      

As a side note for speculation purposes since this is a game about dressing to your own satisfaction I'm hoping and guessing they will have a lot of nice outfits that doesn't look like it's combat oriented.
    THey at the very least don't want players to feel like they have to wear armor every where they go because the stat enhancing tokens can only be inserted into weapons and skills. THis allows you to dress yourself up as Conan without feeling gimp compared to someone dressed like the Black Knight.