Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Test-flying/driving 90 different ships/vehicles for free

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    The IAE starting with the free flight, it can actually be visited on Arccorp currently.

Erillion
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    The Star Citizen whales are the gifts that keep on giving...to Robert's mansion fund.
    You don't need that to own a mansion. He probably already did considering mansions start at 5-8k sqft which isn't that ridiculous. Most people with applicable incomes (especially combined incomes) can afford nice homes. Just like that "yacht" picture of roberts where hes on the back of a 28ft 1 cabin boat.
    ErillionBabuinix
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Utinni said:
    The Star Citizen whales are the gifts that keep on giving...to Robert's mansion fund.
    You don't need that to own a mansion. He probably already did considering mansions start at 5-8k sqft which isn't that ridiculous. Most people with applicable incomes (especially combined incomes) can afford nice homes. Just like that "yacht" picture of roberts where hes on the back of a 28ft 1 cabin boat.
    Only a 28 footer? Man he needs to up his game. ;)
    Erillion
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Scot said:
    Utinni said:
    Only a 28 footer? Man he needs to up his game. ;)
    Buy an idriss.
    Octagon7711
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited November 2019
    Kefo said:
    Buy an idriss.
    Or test fly for free half a dozen other ships almost the size of the Idris, like the 890 Jump.

Have fun

Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Buy an idriss.
    Or test fly for free half a dozen other ships almost the size of the Idris, like the 890 Jump.

Have fun

That won’t buy Roberts a bigger yacht/boat though
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Babuinix said:
    Oh yeah haters waiting for the ___/\*90_Days_Top*)____ train since 2015 is the joke that just keeps on giving :D

I guess since they have no interest in playing the game all that is left for them is lame trolling attempts to feel included.

Oh well no game is for everyone and that's ok. :)
    You love to mention that (truncated) quote from the Evil One.   Aren't there a bunch of quotes from you claiming that SC/SQ42 was going to be out in 2016-2017-2018, etc?  And backpedaling
    excuses for the reasons thereof when they failed to materialize?

My prediction way back then was for a 2020 Star Citizen release.  Obviously, I was wildly optimistic!
    NorseGodKefoSlyLoK

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Babuinix said:
    Oh yeah haters waiting for the ___/\*90_Days_Top*)____ train since 2015 is the joke that just keeps on giving :D

I guess since they have no interest in playing the game all that is left for them is lame trolling attempts to feel included.

You love to mention that (truncated) quote from the Evil One.   Aren't there a bunch of quotes from you claiming that SC/SQ42 was going to be out in 2016-2017-2018, etc?  And backpedaling

My prediction way back then was for a 2020 Star Citizen release.  Obviously, I was wildly optimistic!

Yes.

newbismxBabuinix
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited November 2019
    Babuinix said:

Nah you must be mistaking me with someone else. The only reasonable release or ready date considering the project circunstances is "When It's Ready"  B)

What I have been saying for years is, mostly in response to doomsday preachers, cynics, haters and trolls in general is that the game will keep on improoving with juicy updates, with more and more players joining while making millions in the process.

Rinse & Repeat!

Ah and the best is yet to come!  B)
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    alkarionlog
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    The best will come when someone else takes over the management of the Star Citizen project.  Just like Freelancer.....

The Free Fly thing is cool, and the project has always said it would push the hardware.   But everything Star Citizen/CIG does is marketing.   Selling people their dreams while trying to get stuff to work in some reasonable way. 

I did really like the fun SC video where one character got killed by having coffee spilled on him.  That was awesome!

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

The best will come when someone else takes over the management of the Star Citizen project.  Just like Freelancer.....
    You can keep wishing then :) All these years since the annoucement of Star Citizen and still no contender comes close to providing the gameplay, scale and fidelity package of it.

Also,you seem to ignore that even without CR and a reduction of scope it still took M$ 3 years to release Freelancer.

Even though it's still regarded as one of the best space games ever made.  :)
    alkarionlog
    Babuinix said:
    You can keep wishing then :) All these years since the annoucement of Star Citizen and still no contender comes close to providing the gameplay, scale and fidelity package of it.

Also,you seem to ignore that even without CR and a reduction of scope it still took M$ 3 years to release Freelancer.

Even though it's still regarded as one of the best space games ever made.  :)
    Plenty of games out there that provide more gameplay considering there isnt anything fully fleshed out yet in SC.

Hell of a lot more games with larger scope that have actually delivered. Just because CI says they will do it doesn’t mean it will happen so saying they have a huge scope when it may never materialize means nothing.

SC wins on fidelity but it’s going to be overtaken if they keep dragging their feet.

If it took Microsoft 3 extra years to release freelancer after kicking out Roberts and severely reducing the scope then it’s safe to assume the game was a buggy incomplete mess probably without any actual completed loops and large sections missing....sounds kinda familiar
    BabuinixPalebanealkarionlog
    edited November 2019
    Kefo said: 
    Plenty of games out there that provide more gameplay...

Hell of a lot more games with larger scope that have actually delivered
    Like what? If there was anything remotely as close as delivering the gameplay experience of Star Citizen I think people would be playing it too.

Yeah I know haters have been parroting that Star Citizen will be overtaken because it's taking to long since what? 2015 lol? Still here still strong and on course to have it's best year ever :D

Somehow the ELE90daysTop never comes  :'(

Help Me, StarfieldBeyondGoodEvil2EliteSpacelegs. You're My Only Hope! :D
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said: 
    Plenty of games out there that provide more gameplay...

Hell of a lot more games with larger scope that have actually delivered
    Like what? If there was anything remotely as close as delivering the gameplay experience of Star Citizen I think people would be playing it too.

Yeah I know haters have been parroting that Star Citizen will be overtaken because it's taking to long since what? 2015 lol? Still here still strong and on course to have it's best year ever :D

Somehow the ELE90daysTop never comes  :'(

Help Me, StarfieldBeyondGoodEvil2EliteSpacelegs. You're My Only Hope! :D
    What gameplay is there in star citizen? And no people making up their own stuff to do because there isn’t that much to do doesn’t count.

The graphics were great when it was announced in 2012. 7 years later it’s not cutting edge anymore and while they still look good it’s showing it’s age.

You seem very stuck on this 90 days tops thing. No one brings it up but you as some sort of defensive point for star citizens continued train wreck? Again I’d be far more embarrassed that the game devs can’t get the release date right for SQ42 (years wrong btw) than some guy who has no say in the game.

Couldnt think of a good counter to the truth about freelancer so chose to ignore it eh?
    edited November 2019
    Kefo said:
    What gameplay is there in star citizen? 
    https://www.twitch.tv › game › star citizen

You can watch it and even play it (since its free until Dec 5th)

But we both know if you were realy interested you would have done it by now lol
    I guess the same Low effort trolling and ignorance is more up your alley.

And thinking that gfx showcased in 2012 aren't improoved along the years  is a new ignorance low even for the most ardent hater :)
    alkarionlog
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

That is if you were realy interested you would have done it by now lol

And thinking that gfx showcased in 2012 aren't improoved along the years  is a new ignorance low even for the most ardent hater :)
    you find that trolling? the reall issue is the "backers" being so defensive about people who ask questions, its like you can't answer then with in turn hurt your stance even more, I would question if it had any diference in using these ships or vehicles, but serious I don't even care to ask that much

but you guys really should stop being obnoxious about questioning
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Release the game or sell it to X-box.
    Babuinix
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited November 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

That is if you were realy interested you would have done it by now lol

you find that trolling? the reall issue is the "backers" being so defensive about people who ask questions.
    Weak one too. Those are no questions, they were the same old ignorant and false remarks from a self confessed hater of eveything Chris Roberts does lol

Unfortunetly these individuals aren't looking for anwers about the game but instead just finding for excuses to justify their hate  :D

But in case you're honestly looking to know what gameplay there is:

Dogfighting, Multicrew or FPS gameplay...
    Trading...

Bounty Hunting...

Delivery Missions...
    Investigation & Exploration

Racing
    Mining...

Those are some ways to make credits. You can then use those credits to buy better gear, weapons, medikits, ship components, rent / buy new ships to fly.

Welcome :)
    alkarionlog
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    2949 must be a hint at when the game will be finished.
    BabuinixScotalkarionlogklash2def
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited November 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

you find that trolling? the reall issue is the "backers" being so defensive about people who ask questions, its like you can't answer then with in turn hurt your stance even more, I would question if it had any diference in using these ships or vehicles, but serious I don't even care to ask that much

The biggest turn off about SC is the cult. They pushed me away from supporting this game.

When I first "backed" this game, I had some reasonable questions for which I was attacked personally. They never address the questions, only personal attacks.

I just like watching them move the goal posts and dodge issues now. It says a lot about the "game" and they don't even realize how bad it looks to others.

There's a reason why they can't answer questions or back up their claims.
    alkarionlogBabuinixKefoPhaserlight
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

The biggest turn off about SC is the cult. They pushed me away from supporting this game.

When I first "backed" this game, I had some reasonable questions for which I was attacked personally. They never address the questions, only personal attacks.

I just like watching them move the goal posts and dodge issues now. It says a lot about the "game" and they don't even realize how bad it looks to others.

There's a reason why they can't answer questions or back up their claims.
      only thing i'm waiting from this game now is since they stol.... I mean get more donations when they will anounce the delay they will do AGAIN
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited November 2019
    Whelp he actually did post gameplay the game provides as is, but if @Kefo
    @NorseGod & @alkarionlog are that interested, here's a decent list of it:

Gameplay: Arena Commander

Info:

• May lack players on MP matches

• Dogfight-Simulator on 2 maps

• Does not influence your ships/progress in the universe

• Earn REC-credits to rent ships and equipment exclusively for Arena Commander

Bugs:

• Some minor bugs

• Buying ships and equipment with REC is buggy

• Servers mostly stable

• Game balance far from perfect

Gametime:

• Approx. 3h to learn the basics

• A lot more to master your ship

Modes:

• Vanduul swarm/Pirate swarm

• Coop fight waves of enemy ships

• 1-4 players

• Battle royal

• You vs. everyone

• Up to 15 players

• Free flight

• No rules, exiting your ship and coop on one ship possible

• Up to 16 players

• Classic race

• Up to 8 players

• 3 different courses

• Squadron battle

• Team deathmatch

• Up to 8 vs. 8 players

Gameplay: Star Marine

Info:

• Low population

• Simple first-person shooter

• You can change your personal loadout in all modes

• Does not influence your progress in the universe

Bugs:

• Lots of minor bugs

• Servers mostly stable

Gametime:

• Approx. 1h to understand the basics

Modes:

• 2 different maps

• Last stand (domination mode with up to 12 vs. 12)

• Elimination (free for all with up to 24 players)

Gameplay: Universe

Info:

• Servers mostly good populated

• Huge fully explorable PVP/PVE multiplayer space within one solar system

• 50 players per server

Bugs:

• Lots of different bugs

• NPC ships are rubber-banding a lot

• Server-crashes do happen

• Losing a lot of ingame money due to a bug is easy

Gametime:

• Depends heavily on what you like to do

Planets:

• Crusader (gas giant, not explorable)

• Hurston (Earth-like, fully explorable)

• Arccorp (think Coruscant, hot-spots explorable)

Moons:

• Fully explorable

• Trading outposts

• Drug labs

• Different bioms

Citys / Bigger Locations:

• Lorville on planet Hurston

• Fully explorable city complex with mission givers, shops, etc.

• Area 18 on planet Arccorp

• Fully explorable city district with mission givers, shops, etc.

• Levski on asteroid Delamar

• Fully explorable old mining facility with mission givers, shops, etc.

• Grim-Hex on asteroid near moon Yela

• Fully explorable station with mission givers, shops, etc.

Space stations:

• Port Olisar (fully explorable)

• Shops: merchants, weapons, clothes, components

• Player spawnpoint

• Spawn ships

• Kareah (partially explorable)

• Hack computer to lose your crime-stat

• Covalex (partially explorable)

• Short story driven mission

• Comm arrays

• Hack or repair missions

• Rest stops

• Truck stop like space station

Game mechanics:

• Simple delivery/trading (needs ship with cargo space)

• Illegal delivery missions for prohibited and stolen goods

• Some short story driven missions

• Simple reputation system to gain access to different missions

• Mining (needs ship "Prospector", available ingame)

• Ore extraction / selling

• Buy ships and equipment

• Not all ships and equipment available ingame

• Simple FPS combat missions

• FPS AI is not really challenging

• FOIP (Face-over-IP) chat

• Needs only a simple web cam, the game then projects your face movements to your avatar

• Head-Tracking

• Needs only a simple web cam, works really good

• Scramble race missions

• Deathmatch-races in space or on ground

• Scanning

• Scan for minable rocks on moons or asteroids

• Simple scanning mechanic to scan your sourroundings

• Scan other players ships

• AI Bounty Hunting

• At a certain crime level, AI will try to hunt you down. Easy to avoid, not very challenging

• PVP Bounty Hunting

• Same as AI, but for players

• Piracy

• It is possible to block hot spots with a group

• Stealing other players ships

• Search and investigate/destroy missions (needs sometimes ship with cargo space)

• Example:

• Find a destroyed ship wreck inside an asteroid belt

• EVA into the wreck, find some clues, fight some AI ships

• Go back to the mission giver

• Beacons

• Make contracts with other players (combat assistance, personal transport)

• Exploration

• No real goal, there are a lot of nice looking places and eastereggs

• Moons can be explored by foot or any vehicle

• Stations can be explored by foot or EVA

• Planets would take years to fully explore

• Large game-world

Equipment:

• Change personal weapon loadout

• Customizable weapon attachments for some weapons

• Change personal flight suit and armor

• Buy normal clothes (does not work for most clothes for female model)

• Everything buyable in game with ingame money

Ships

Info:

Bugs:
    • All ships are work in progress, here are all kinds of glitches and bugs

Flight mechanics:

• More on the simulation side, learning to fly your ship takes some hours of practice

• Flight mechanics can change with new patches

• Simple component power management / overclocking

edited November 2019
    Angry Gamers always focus on finding the blame in others instead of looking inside and acknowledging their own mistakes. It's a ego thing, they get so attached to the idea of their dream game that they lose any sense of reality and rationality. So they have to fabricate a narrative that fits their anger.

I'd say that Star Citizen open development and crowdfunding aspect have managed to nurture and grow a very dedicated, knowledgeable and passionate community while weeding out the ones that had no place being there in the first place and somewhat turned their love into hate.

After all, Crowdfunding is not pre-ordering and following, accepting and understanding that such  ambitious project will have many setbacks and changes along the way.

A lot of gamers love the idea of playing their dream game without realising the hardships to get there. And the same behaviours can probably be seen in other crowdfunded mmo's in development like Pantheon, Camelot, Crowfall, Chronicles of Elrya, Ashes of Creation etc.

This is not unique to Star Citizen unfortunately but more of a gaming culture problem. :)

With that said, anyone interested in the game should NOT buy it, it's not a finished product, but yes, there is plenty of gameplay to have fun with.

Watch Streamers play, check if your hardware can run it and use the Free-Flight events (there's one going on until 5th December) when they happen to make your own oppinion.
    edited November 2019
    <continuing last post due to character cap> 

That doesn't consider the 3.7 mechanics that has introduced:
    • A new FPS map for the game-mode
    • Underground locations on planets
    • Quantum Enforcement as a new play mechanic for ships
    • FPS Mining
    • Mission Sharing
    • The player inventory system & harvestable
    • Ship Rentals

That last update was quite sizeable as far as changing how gameplay flows on the game, noticeably the quantum enforcement (on pvp situations), the fps mining expanding the mechanic beyond ships, and mission sharing finally supporting group play properly.
    MaxBacon said:
    Whelp he actually did post gameplay the game provides as is, but if @Kefo
    @NorseGod & @alkarionlog are that interested, here's a decent list of it:

Gameplay: Arena Commander

I’ll distill your list down to the gameplay mechanics

exploration
    pvp
    fps
    mining
    trading

if I missed one fee free to correct me.

lets go back to what I originally said. There’s no gameplay that is fully fleshed out yet.

exploration - possible to give this one to you since you can explore. If you want to compare it to other space games though it falls far short.

pvp - yep you can pvp and as max pointed out there bounty hunting against AI or other players but again this mechanic isn’t fully fleshed out unless you just consider everyone is only wanted dead.

fps - Star marine. It exists but it’s a poor COD clone is what I have read from many people. Give you a half point for this since it’s a FPS in a FPS engine and it’s lacklustre cause of the AI.

mining - You can mine so a point here. Can’t do anything with the ore you mine except sell it so the gameplay that matters after this is missing but that’s not that point I originally made.

Trading - to be honest not 100% sure about trading. I know you can goto another area buy stuff and then fly to a different area and sell it which sounds boring but that’s just me in general. 

So again is anything really fully fleshed out or is it still in tier 0 or 1 and very basic?
    NorseGod