Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling bad for GW2.

UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
Well, reading several discussions on these forums, I just noticed there seem to be a whole lot of people that a just a little while ago where all worked up and excited about Raids in GW2, and we had some serious disagreements on this, with apparent massive butthurt involved on their side.

Now. I have made my peace with GW2, since leaving a few years ago, but now I am feeling kinda bad for them.

Seeing that all these people that I argued with not long ago, that were all so Pro-Raid and ranted and raved about how Raids revitalized the game for them, and in some cases the only reason they play.. are.. no longer playing the game.

Ouch.

Raids are not Old Content Either, their last Raid was made June 11, 2019. That's just 2 short months ago.. and yet all these Raid lovers, don't even play anymore?

Anyone but me, ya know, feeling kinda bad for Anet, for splitting their population like that, opening the door to that drama with with raiders and non-raiders, casuals vs hardcore.. and they lost them both?

After all their defense of raids.. they just left? 

Well.. I dunno about anyone else.. but I now kinda feeling bad for Anet.
Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Gdemamialkarionlogsumdumguy1FrodoFragins

Comments

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Ungood said:

Now. I have made my peace with GW2, since leaving a few years ago, 

Mikehaklash2defQuicksandbcbullyAethaerynsumdumguy1FrodoFragins
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2019
    Raids is maybe the worst terminology ever mentioned in mmorpg's,i detest the mention of the term.
    A Raid is almost always an instance "anti mmo",it alienates a lot of players who cannot get a pile of players together.

A role playing game should have ideals laid out to live in a plausible world ,it should feel like we are living a life within that world.Raids are NOT a living part of a world,they are an idea of "elitism",an idea to attain non plausible loot,example some sword that the foe never had on them in the first place,the loot items seem to magically appear,more like computer code than a realistic/plausible happening.
    Developers might cater to whatever makes them money or keeps players around,that does not mean they are making a quality MMO+RPG,they are instead just making systems that are good at baiting in players to stick around.
    "Systems" should be designed to support the game world,to add a layer of realism to a plausible world,they should never appear as a computer coded system and that is the same mistake or bad design almost all devs keep following.

They keep making bad designs because like i keep saying,this is about numbers...money and NOT about a HQ mmorpg.The same bad philosophy behind game design is in ALL genres,everything is catered to money,i honestly feel a high majority of gamer's don't even know why they play certain games,they simply see it as popular or an ideal game to stream and get followers or they heard some FN player made off with 2 million so now everyone's interest has peaked.

When i seek out a certain type of game in a genre,i do not let side attractions or marketing or gimmicks bait me in,i THINK on my own behalf without influence.

Ungood4getting2009deniterRueTheWhirlPalebanemacman507Ancient_ExileProfGetz

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    @Nepheth  You obviously remember me, and still seem to have massive butthurt over it.. sadly.. I don't remember you, at all.

Thanks for the Image.. I feel like I am JJJ in this exchange.
    sumdumguy1
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited August 2019
    Ungood said:
    @Nepheth  You obviously remember me, and still seem to have massive butthurt over it.. sadly.. I don't remember you, at all.

Of course you don't remember me because I'm a normal person who knows what is important and what is not and knows when to let go things and move on. I didn't even argue with you seriously before. I just put my 2 cents in and moved on unlike you. But you argued with numerous people and got banned for it. And that's why it is pretty normal for me to remember a problematic person like you unfortunately. Calling me a butthurt while you can't even let go a stupid comment on an irrelevant thread and create another thread for it... I have no words... If you can't even let go a stupid game after all these years I can't even imagine how hard it is for you to live while obsessing even the smallest things in life. Well I'm really sorry for you...
    DakerualkarionlogAsm0deus[Deleted User]sumdumguy1Ancient_ExileAlexander.B
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Nepheth said:
    Ungood said:

Of course you don't remember me because I'm a normal person who knows what is important and what is not and knows when to let go things and move on. I didn't even argue with you seriously before. I just put my 2 cents in and moved on unlike you. But you argued with numerous people and got banned for it. And that's why it is pretty normal for me to remember a problematic person like you unfortunately. Calling me a butthurt while you can't even let go a stupid comment on an irrelevant thread and create another thread for it... I have no words... If you can't even let go a stupid game after all these years I can't even imagine how hard it is for you to live while obsessing even the smallest things in life. Well I'm really sorry for you...
    The fact that you are still here parading your butthurt is a clear indication that you have not learned to let things go.

Also.. get over yourself.. You I don't remember, however, a few of the others I did, and they also mentioned they either stopped raiding or playing the game completely.

Sorry to Burst your bubble on your own self perceived importance..  

alkarionlogGregorMcgregor

• MindCatalystMindCatalyst Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Why are you still posting about a game you quit years ago? That's laughably pathetic.
    alkarionlogrodingoSinsaiultimateducksumdumguy1GregorMcgregorAncient_ExileAlexander.B
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    why feel bad about something I forgot it even exist?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Who are you people? What is this place?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SinsaiultimateduckHariken[Deleted User]KyleranRueTheWhirlAlexander.B
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    edited September 2019
    My question about Raiding is Why do raids have to be harder then regular content or dungeons? 

my best experience with Raiding was from D&D online, they were not harder then dungeons it just took more people to do them.

In GW2 making raids harder then dungeons and fractals killed  it. GW2 was never about doing harder content for better rewards....

If you want to have content that challenges the top players come out with content called challenge content.
    HarikenPalebaneChimborazoFrodoFragins
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited September 2019
    I too am from the fifth dimension
    Palebane
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Raid... Isn't that what they spray on roaches?
    HarikenKyleranOctagon7711Palebane[Deleted User]
    Emeraq said:
    Raid... Isn't that what they spray on roaches?
    normally, in games its kinda summon then and make then stay together for a certain time
    [Deleted User]
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Wizardry said:
    Raids is maybe the worst terminology ever mentioned in mmorpg's,i detest the mention of the term.
    A Raid is almost always an instance "anti mmo",it alienates a lot of players who cannot get a pile of players together.

A role playing game should have ideals laid out to live in a plausible world ,it should feel like we are living a life within that world.Raids are NOT a living part of a world,they are an idea of "elitism",an idea to attain non plausible loot,example some sword that the foe never had on them in the first place,the loot items seem to magically appear,more like computer code than a realistic/plausible happening.
    Developers might cater to whatever makes them money or keeps players around,that does not mean they are making a quality MMO+RPG,they are instead just making systems that are good at baiting in players to stick around.
    "Systems" should be designed to support the game world,to add a layer of realism to a plausible world,they should never appear as a computer coded system and that is the same mistake or bad design almost all devs keep following.

They keep making bad designs because like i keep saying,this is about numbers...money and NOT about a HQ mmorpg.The same bad philosophy behind game design is in ALL genres,everything is catered to money,i honestly feel a high majority of gamer's don't even know why they play certain games,they simply see it as popular or an ideal game to stream and get followers or they heard some FN player made off with 2 million so now everyone's interest has peaked.

When i seek out a certain type of game in a genre,i do not let side attractions or marketing or gimmicks bait me in,i THINK on my own behalf without influence.

Why is everything with you political.  Why can't it be for the simple fact that Raid content is suppose to be for the elite, it's designed to be for the players that want a challenge?  You don't want to put in the time, then don't raid, simple as that.  It's basically the equivalent of minor league sports vs major league sports.  More time and more skill.  
    4getting2009
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    @Ungood

Well, Ungood, as one of the clear targets, I'm going to say this in terms that I hope you will understand and take no issue with.

My attachment to Guild Wars 2 had nothing to do with raids, and my disenfranchisement with Guild Wars has nothing to do with raids.

What I have always wanted from the game was intellectual depth like its predecessor had in droves. Hundreds of skills, flexible builds, and a real need to adapt to the game on an RPG level rather than just a mechanical/reflexive level. I thought that the especs offered with the expansions were a step in the right direction, but once it became clear that the game would never become what I loved the franchise for, I quit my raid team and clocked out.

You claim betrayal because they moved away from your more casual-only approach to content in your eyes. The real betrayal happened right from the start - alienating the fans of their original game while putting that original game into maintenance mode.
    maskedweaselalkarionlogGeezerGamerVezlin
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    I play GW2 off and on, and it had nothing to do with raids. I feel bad for ANet because I feel GW2 has gotten pretty stale and they keep messing with the balance in ways that hurt classes I used to enjoy. 

I don't care about raids, I never got into them in GW2 or any other game really. They never interest me. 
    Hariken

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I play GW2 off and on, and it had nothing to do with raids. I feel bad for ANet because I feel GW2 has gotten pretty stale and they keep messing with the balance in ways that hurt classes I used to enjoy. 

I don't care about raids, I never got into them in GW2 or any other game really. They never interest me. 
    The ONLY reason I don't play GW2 is because once you get to group PvE content of any kind any sort of class identity goes out the window and everyone becomes a melee dps.  
    Vezlin

The ONLY reason I don't play GW2 is because once you get to group PvE content of any kind any sort of class identity goes out the window and everyone becomes a melee dps.  
    wrong I was ranged dps, with for some reason arena net nerfed after year I quit the game, never see so much hate for rifle warriors as arena net had, almost no one did use then, the one who did only wanted to abuse the burst skill on WvW
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Does anyone remember when GW2 was going to be different? Now it's pretty much like every other MMO. I still will play it casually off and on though. Never do any kind of group stuff though.

There were ranged dps, but these were primarily condi dps.

Necromancers being the main example. Though the (justified but painful) Epidemic nerfs really did hurt them in a big way.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

wrong I was ranged dps, with for some reason arena net nerfed after year I quit the game, never see so much hate for rifle warriors as arena net had, almost no one did use then, the one who did only wanted to abuse the burst skill on WvW
    Aeander said:

Necromancers being the main example. Though the (justified but painful) Epidemic nerfs really did hurt them in a big way.
    You've both just proven my point.  

Aeander said:

actually we proved arena net don't know sh!t about balance, with they also nerf some melee weapons

Aeander said:

Oh, I wasn't necessarily even arguing your point. Not really. Hell, Raids are the only place where tanks and supports even serve a function, and it is sad.

I mean, my entire reason for leaving the game is that it has all of the depth of a puddle, while claiming to be everything people loved about the ocean before it in an open world.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I think I like the idea of GW2 more than the actual GW2.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    No, I dont feel bad about it anymore. ArenaNet has done everything they possibly can to kill the game. Now, the developers are following the players and leaving this has-been behind.