Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

speed up combat ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Later problems came about and Visionary Realms realized it, 
With long mob fighting other players would intervene in both the fight your doing and the one ahead of it. Think of the impact of having 30 people in the same castle, ADD SLOW LONG FIGHTS and you will have a mess.

30 people in a cramped castle, or hundreds in a small zone..... If combat being slow as features, it's a problem. 

I realized this from one of the earliest video footage..... Only 6 people on screen in a controlled environment, well add hundreds 

Fight encounters need to be shorter for two reasons; 
Everyone invading on each others turf.
Groups will never get anything accomplished.

SPEED UP COMBAT.....This may be unpopular, honestly I agree. 
Pantheon's focus is combat strategy. It's the main attraction, it's Everquest 1, It's traditional brought back.  With slow strategic combat you have cause and negative effect.

Realtime this game will not work. 
No time for regens, buffs, planning or relaxing chat.... Why ?  Because here comes the other group. 

A careful middle ground is needed. 

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited November 2019
    You can just make groups enter into their own "layer" of the dungeon/castle, better by far. Avoids complex mechanics which may not work properly. Changing the speed would only cause the issues Delete highlighted to occur less often, they would still occur.
    delete5230
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I hate to say it Vanilla World of Warcraft open world, instanced dungeon.... Only much more difficult combat, with all Pantheons features.

Come and get me, blasphemy... I'm scared  :#  
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    You don't make the game all about dungeons which i consider crappy game design.

OPEN WORLD and give groups lots of choices.

No matter how often i have heard excuses or so called problems,i already know that grouping works from FFXI and so does slow combat.

I care much more for good quality back n forth action/reaction combat than i do worrying about if too many players in the same area.

As for the interfering part,that is an easy fix,although i do endorse outside help"not dps" as was also allowed in ffxi.
    delete5230

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Wizardry said:
    You don't make the game all about dungeons which i consider crappy game design.

OPEN WORLD and give groups lots of choices.

No matter how often i have heard excuses or so called problems,i already know that grouping works from FFXI and so does slow combat.

I care much more for good quality back n forth action/reaction combat than i do worrying about if too many players in the same area.

As for the interfering part,that is an easy fix,although i do endorse outside help"not dps" as was also allowed in ffxi.
    This is great news !
    This shows a middle ground can be achieved with careful planning..... This separates the artiest developers from the bad ones.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    edited November 2019
    IMO combat should be fast tactical, not twitch speed.  Each attack used should be a choice.  If you make it more about always hitting something-anything asap then it has less game in the game.