Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Free Fly Event Starts Sunday Along With CitizenCon - MMORPG.com

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Could it be that SC is not a very good MMO and there's plenty of other games that people would rather play?

Like what? 
    Other MMOs.. there's plenty out there.

And none of them come close to the gameplay Star Citizen already provides. I think that's the point. :)
    alkarionlog
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    MaxBacon said:

In any way the gameplay front on the game keeps developing and improving, as expected, as with every other front, so not really worried about that.
    It isn't though. If it is, it's at a snail pace.

Just look at theatres of war... it's hard for me to remember a multiplayer FPS game that plays worse.  Maybe if you dig down into the gutter and find some obscure title you might be able to get a good comparison to it... but you can't even begin to compare it to any popular FPS title.

I'm not going to discuss about the gphx vs gameplay issue as we see things completely different.
    For me the gameplay outweight the visuals every single time.
    But even still.. plenty of better looking AAA titles than SC these days.

..Cake..

Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Could it be that SC is not a very good MMO and there's plenty of other games that people would rather play?

Like what? 

And none of them come close to the gameplay Star Citizen already provides. I think that's the point. :)
    Yes and people still don't prefer the gameplay SC provides... only a fraction of existing backers play it let alone MMO gamers in general.
    I think that's the point.
    Not sure why it's hard for you to understand.

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Like what? 

Yes and people still don't prefer the gameplay SC provides... only a fraction of existing backers play it let alone MMO gamers in general.
    The people who enjoy space sim's do though, as seen by it's increasing popularity and player engagement growth this year and the subsequent decrease of titles of the same genre :)

alkarionlog
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Like what? 

The people who enjoy space sim's do though, as seen by it's increasing popularity and player engagement growth this year and the subsequent decrease of titles of the same genre :)

Well no, not even when you specialize the goal posts.
    There's other space sims with much smaller budgets, much smaller dev team sizes and many more players than SC.. as mentioned above.
    And some of those games haven't even had content patches for quite sometime.

Again, SC's own backers hardly play the game.
    The keep on buying ships though (at a slower pace but still)... which probably means paying cash to get ships is preferable to actually playing the game :D :D
    NorseGod

..Cake..

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited November 2019
    Erillion said:
    Meanwhile ...  DING! .... the community answers critics with +1 MORE million ;-)     Have fun

DING DING   ;-)

Yes, all those players most be really crestfallen about the state of Star Citizen and all those free fly events   ;-)  Must be Retail therapy ... comfort shopping ... whatever you want to call it.  Add another million bucks.

Have fun

PS:
    >>>> .... at a slower pace ....>>>   Maybe not ;-)

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited November 2019
    It's CitizenCon 2949.

2949 is the release date?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    It's CitizenCon 2949.

2949 is the release date?

Only for the 930 year-ish anniversary retro version.   ;-)

Have fun

sgel said:
    There's other space sims with much smaller budgets, much smaller dev team sizes and many more players than SC.. as mentioned above.

The keep on buying ships though (at a slower pace but still)... which probably means paying cash to get ships is preferable to actually playing the game :D :D
    Except there aren't, at least if you analyse the only metric available that gathers information from every game.

You can make up all the pie-in-the-sky arguments and ignore twitch stats but that's the only factual and tangible up to date information about players and their engagement :)

When you have haters caring more about a game they dislike than the games they supposedly like it's easy to keep going lol

Star Citizen's growth and evolving success is thanks to the ones that keep engaging with it :)

So I guess, thanks for pledging engaging! B)
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Except there aren't, at least if you analyse the only metric available that gathers information from every game.

You can make up all the pie-in-the-sky arguments and ignore twitch stats but that's the only factual and tangible up to date information about players and their engagement :)
    Twitch stats has nothing to do with how many players play a game.
    I'm surprised you need someone to tell you that (I'm not really, you are babs after all)

I mean CIG released their official player numbers and anyone with simple math knowledge could work it out. You were given public math lessons by rpmcmurphy and you still don't understand.

You still desperately cling to Twitch numbers like that child that refuses to learn :/

..Cake..

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:
    Meanwhile ...  DING! .... the community answers critics with +1 MORE million ;-)     Have fun

DING DING   ;-)

Yes, all those players most be really crestfallen about the state of Star Citizen and all those free fly events   ;-)  Must be Retail therapy ... comfort shopping ... whatever you want to call it.  Add another million bucks.

Have fun

PS:
    >>>> .... at a slower pace ....>>>   Maybe not ;-)

so. the ones who already give money gave even more? ok, next they will anounce a new delay lol

btw this is not trusting the devs, I give it another name, see if you can guess

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

so. the ones who already give money gave even more? ok, next they will anounce a new delay lol

>>> the ones who already give money gave even more? >>> 

Considering that the number of "Star Citizens" increased by 15400 in November alone .... that alone could account for most of the extra money ... pledges by existing Star Citizens will be a bonus on top of that.

Have fun
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Erillion said:

>>> the ones who already give money gave even more? >>> 

Considering that the number of "Star Citizens" increased by 15400 in November alone .... that alone could account for most of the extra money ... pledges by existing Star Citizens will be a bonus on top of that.
    The new players would need to have paid average of $115.19 to account for half of the money gained on November.

I'm using figure of $3 547 624 picked from the crowdfunding development spreadsheet as number for money gained, and your number of 15 400 for new backers.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI

edited November 2019
    sgel said:
    I'm surprised you need someone to tell you that (I'm not really, you are babs after all)

I mean CIG released their official player numbers and anyone with simple math knowledge could work it out. You were given public math lessons by rpmcmurphy and you still don't understand.

You still desperately cling to Twitch numbers like that child that refuses to learn :/
    Yeah I'll take accurate, public and factual numbers from Twitch, the biggest video-game streaming platform over some hater "napkin math" lol

The fact that Star Citizen has had regularly more players streaming than Elite, EvE and NoManSky combined is a simple coincidence I guess :D
  • rocketsockrocketsock Member UncommonPosts: 4
    World of Warcraft - Costs to play game from release.
    Base game at release: $40
    Expansions at release: $40 Standard, $90 Deluxe
    6 Expansions Standard: $240
    6 Expansions Deluxe: $540
    Total sub costs for every month since release: $2698

So the price range is $2978 Min - $3278 Max on base costs. To play a game that is fundamentally has been the same for 15 years. The only thing that changes is the story plot. That to me is the biggest scam in gaming. Not to mention that pricing doesn't include people using the services for the account like realm transfers and boosts.

And the game has been the same for 15 years. You rush to max level on a character, you then grind dungeons for gear, you then do the most current raid and then you repeat that on every major content patch till you hit the next expansion and do the whole process again. The PVP is also just a grind for gear and rep, You grind rep to unlock the ability to fly and buy gear.
    They even locked new races which are part of the latest expansion behind rep which you grind even though you pay monthly even though previous expansions with new races just gave you them as part of the expansion, now you have to grind them.

Best part about the above is you can apply that to any MMORPG you play such as LOTRO, RIFT, COH. Same game with huge monetary practices designed to squeeze money from people through content gating, making them having to stay subbed to keep grinding content just so they can keep up with their guilds/friends.

But you know that game you pay $45 for and can just play with no sub? "StAr CiTiZeN mOrE LiKe ScAm CiTiZeN aM I RiGhT GuYz?" "ImAgInE gIvInG ChRIs RoBeRtS mOnEy LoL"

People on this site, lol.
    ErillionBabuinixPhaserlight
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2019
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:
    In any way the gameplay front on the game keeps developing and improving, as expected, as with every other front, so not really worried about that.
    It isn't though. If it is, it's at a snail pace.

Just look at theatres of war... it's hard for me to remember a multiplayer FPS game that plays worse.  Maybe if you dig down into the gutter and find some obscure title you might be able to get a good comparison to it... but you can't even begin to compare it to any popular FPS title.

I'm not going to discuss about the gphx vs gameplay issue as we see things completely different.
    For me the gameplay outweight the visuals every single time.
    But even still.. plenty of better looking AAA titles than SC these days.

Theatres of War to me is one of the greatest addictions, the thing about SC and Sean Tracy is spot on there is that with combat situations and overall action-packed situations so disperse, they don't really have much awareness or direct feedback as far those mechanics go and what needs to be done. That is a large gain to optimize, polish and balance the mix of on-foot FPS, on-vehicle and dogfighting on both space & a planet in one match, putting more focus on the combat experience will only benefit the PU.

AAA titles as far the standard campaign type of game push the graphics, animations, AI, sometimes physics and other bits the most, now mixing that with one MMO that's the real challenge, and that what SC is doing.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    World of Warcraft - Costs to play game from release.
    Base game at release: $40
    Expansions at release: $40 Standard, $90 Deluxe
    6 Expansions Standard: $240
    6 Expansions Deluxe: $540
    Total sub costs for every month since release: $2698

So the price range is $2978 Min - $3278 Max on base costs. To play a game that is fundamentally has been the same for 15 years. The only thing that changes is the story plot. That to me is the biggest scam in gaming. Not to mention that pricing doesn't include people using the services for the account like realm transfers and boosts.

And the game has been the same for 15 years. You rush to max level on a character, you then grind dungeons for gear, you then do the most current raid and then you repeat that on every major content patch till you hit the next expansion and do the whole process again. The PVP is also just a grind for gear and rep, You grind rep to unlock the ability to fly and buy gear.
    They even locked new races which are part of the latest expansion behind rep which you grind even though you pay monthly even though previous expansions with new races just gave you them as part of the expansion, now you have to grind them.

Best part about the above is you can apply that to any MMORPG you play such as LOTRO, RIFT, COH. Same game with huge monetary practices designed to squeeze money from people through content gating, making them having to stay subbed to keep grinding content just so they can keep up with their guilds/friends.

But you know that game you pay $45 for and can just play with no sub? "StAr CiTiZeN mOrE LiKe ScAm CiTiZeN aM I RiGhT GuYz?" "ImAgInE gIvInG ChRIs RoBeRtS mOnEy LoL"

People on this site, lol.
    Paying $2978 - $3278 for a brought-to-market product over the course of 15 years is not at all the same as paying $2978 - $3278 for something you hope you enjoy at some point in the future.

Many have spent more on Star Citizen already, and the game isn't even out!  A Javelin alone will set you back $2.5k. Can you fly it yet?

Further, as @Vrika pointed out, the average spend for a new "Star Citizen" seems to be closer to $115 than $45: I know this is the minimum buy in but CR and crew provide plenty of ways for you to spend much, much more.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Yeah I'll take accurate, public and factual numbers from Twitch, the biggest video-game streaming platform over some hater "napkin math" lol

The fact that Star Citizen has had regularly more players streaming than Elite, EvE and NoManSky combined is a simple coincidence I guess :D
    Or viewer bots. Nobody ever talks on a channel with 400+ people viewing? Interesting. And yes  I've actually looked many times and even tried to engage in conversation on a few live channel streams, it was crickets.
    sgelNorseGodBabuinix
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

It's CIG's own numbers you're calling napkin math,.. but somehow you still think Twitch numbers is somehow connected to player numbers ;)

Or do you honestly think that SC has more players than Elite, EvE and NMS combined? 
    Like.. for real?
    Why wasn't that reflected in CIG's own numbers?
    Babuinix

..Cake..

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    How long has joe blow been here saying "the game WILL deliver this and WILL deliver this!" How long are you going to wait until you realize you have been scammed?
    The game will deliver, the game has been delivering, major update every 3 months, you may pretend nothing happens and people play nothing, that's up to you but it ain't the reality.

People on this site will preach SC is a scam even after it is released, it's a lifestyle.
    Max, people may be enjoying testing this title, but they aren't "playing" SC, that game doesn't yet exist.

Until it is released, there is no "game", simple as that.

Revisionists need not reply.
    NorseGod

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

MaxBacon said:

Theatres of War to me is one of the greatest addictions, the thing about SC and Sean Tracy is spot on there is that with combat situations and overall action-packed situations so disperse, they don't really have much awareness or direct feedback as far those mechanics go and what needs to be done. That is a large gain to optimize, polish and balance the mix of on-foot FPS, on-vehicle and dogfighting on both space & a planet in one match, putting more focus on the combat experience will only benefit the PU.

AAA titles as far the standard campaign type of game push the graphics, animations, AI, sometimes physics and other bits the most, now mixing that with one MMO that's the real challenge, and that what SC is doing.
    But it's not really improving is it... Space Marine was supposed to improve the FPS experience.. years later Theatres of War is supposed to improve the FPS experience...  but it's still crap compared to pretty much any other mmo.

I don't particularly care that you'll be able to both fly and fps and whatever in one game.. when the experiences of flying/ fpsing/ whatever are crap compared to so many other games that do it better individually.
    What's the point of having them all in one game if they're going to be crap. And they are crap when you compare them to game's that do it well.... it's just you won't ever admit it.

You mentioned graphics are important.. but apparently single player games don't count.. it has to be an MMO... right? I mean there's no way to win with you Bacon.
    Always a twist here or a turn there... it HAS to be exactly as SC is doing it or else it doesn't count.

This is why conversing with monochrome cultists is always pointless.

Kyleran

..Cake..

edited November 2019
    Tiller said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Or viewer bots. Nobody ever talks on a channel with 400+ people viewing? Interesting. And yes  I've actually looked many times and even tried to engage in conversation on a few live channel streams, it was crickets.
    I mentioned  playersstreaming not viewers as I didn't want/need to embarass you/other space games any further.  Just right now SC has 6k viewers, EvE 400, Elite 300 and NMS 50 lol

Ofc Star Citizen will have more viewers, it's the most watchable of space games with it's graphical fidelity, gameplay mechanics and emergent gameplay.

All numbers are public and factual. Easy peasy. :)
    Babuinix said:
    Tiller said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Players streaming are one thing viewers are another :)

Ofc Star Citizen will have more viewers, it's the most watchable of space games with it's graphical fidelity.

https://sullygnome.com/game/Star_Citizen/365/compare/88_97_33627_258_24826_78_7206_25174

Guess Heroes of Might and Magic III has more players than SC :(
    Not bad for a ~20 year old game

Kyleran

..Cake..

edited November 2019
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    Tiller said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

Ofc Star Citizen will have more viewers, it's the most watchable of space games with it's graphical fidelity.

https://sullygnome.com/game/Star_Citizen/365/compare/88_97_33627_258_24826_78_7206_25174

People will play what they like :)

As long as enough people like what they like their game wil go for as many 90 years top as it can !

I'd say Star Citizen is doing alright for a "NotAGame"  B) *0wned*
    Post edited by Babuinix on
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    Tiller said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:

People will play what they like :)

As long as enough people like what they like their game wil go for as many 90 years top as it can !

I'd say Star Citizen is doing alright for a "NotAGame"  B) *0wned*
    Anyone who hypes up his own post by saying "owned" at the end can never be trusted to have an intelligent conversation or argument about any topic....ever.
    PhaserlightAmathesgelBabuinixWalkinGlennmmolou