Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Dawn of the Dragonguard Event Starts November 26

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online Dawn of the Dragonguard Event Starts November 26

Elder Scrolls Online's next big event, called Dawn of the Dragonguard, is set to go live on November 26.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited November 2019
    If the recent events are anything to go by, expect server issues, server issues and server issues if you're on EU
    AlomarSinsaiAgent_JosephXoph
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    combat is crap in ESO!
    Agent_JosephDragnelusSlyLoKmmolouXophretiredmjBlueThunderBearklash2defKajidourdenZenJellyand 1 other.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    People posting yesterday and today about how the EU server is crashing, again.

I wouldn't expect to be able to play the new event on the EU server. It's been crashing for years. ZoS has never explained why, or why they won't fix it.
    AlomarDarthDowty

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I was an ESO plus subscriber since it came out. Finally I couldn't take it anymore as the issues on the EU server are completely ignored. Then they continue to have free weekend events etc at the same time the server has issues. Just a shame really.
    Alomar
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

Go play black Desert then..combat there is good but everything else about it sucks
    EmeraqKajidourdenAgent_JosephDarthDowtyZenJelly
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

Go play black Desert then..combat there is good but everything else about it sucks

Yep and even the combat is not everyones cup of tea. I was LoLing about the advertisement they had here on MMORPG for BDO for the better part of a month, the advertisement focused on "Breathtaking graphics" Not lore, epic story, wonderful combat, groundbreaking gameplay, or anything else.. No just breathtaking graphics. And that I will give it, the graphics are pretty good, but the rest is lacking.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

ESO isn't perfect, but the combat isn't as bad as people like to make it to be. Even still with its "Bethesda Charm" combat.. it is pound for pound the best MMO on the market right now.

You can make an argument for WoW but WoW does not have the level of customization ESO has not just in character appearance, or builds etc.. but also the actual story. You can do the stories that YOU personally care about. I know people who completely ignored the main questline and did other things like Dark Brotherhood or Morrowind. ESO has some of the best mission design I've ever seen in a MMO. Starting at level 1 you can run off and do what you want.

Want to be a Heavy Armor, duel blade wielding, fire mage that enchants armor for a living?
    Want to be a Leather wearin, Arrow Shootin, Heals givin, Priest that uses a bear to finish off her targets?

You can do it. All of it. There is nothing stopping you.

So yea Combat isn't the best ever (its not that bad tbh its better than WoW) but it makes up for it in so many other areas.
    QSatuBlueThunderBeargervaise1NyghthowlerAgent_JosephZenJellyAlomarOctagon7711
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

Ok. So there's something you don't like about the combat.
    What?
    Don't be vague, specify what it is you don't like about the combat?

If it's that you get your butt kicked a lot, I'm not the person to help with that.
    Of course, a light armor wearing mage type isn't supposed to take on a dozen at a time in ESO. (Sometimes I don't see them all hiding nearby, other times I just get overconfident.)

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

klash2def said:

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

ESO isn't perfect, but the combat isn't as bad as people like to make it to be. Even still with its "Bethesda Charm" combat.. it is pound for pound the best MMO on the market right now.

You can make an argument for WoW but WoW does not have the level of customization ESO has not just in character appearance, or builds etc.. but also the actual story. You can do the stories that YOU personally care about. I know people who completely ignored the main questline and did other things like Dark Brotherhood or Morrowind. ESO has some of the best mission design I've ever seen in a MMO. Starting at level 1 you can run off and do what you want.

Want to be a Heavy Armor, duel blade wielding, fire mage that enchants armor for a living?

Want to be a Leather wearin, Arrow Shootin, Heals givin, Priest that uses a bear to finish off her targets?

So yea Combat isn't the best ever (its not that bad tbh its better than WoW) but it makes up for it in so many other areas.

Unless you want to actually complete content, then fuck you.
    ZenJellyAlomarNanfoodle
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949

klash2def said:

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

you mad bro??
    NyghthowlerAlomar
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

klash2def said:

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

I have been playing for 5 months now and I complete content all the time. My guess your mixed up what game you are talking about, or you have made a molehill into a mountain. If you hate a game as much as you seem too. I would suggest go finding a game you like and stop flipping out about games you dont. You may find you like life more that way.
    Alomarklash2def
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nanfoodle said:

klash2def said:

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

I have been playing for 5 months now and I complete content all the time. My guess your mixed up what game you are talking about, or you have made a molehill into a mountain. If you hate a game as much as you seem too. I would suggest go finding a game you like and stop flipping out about games you dont. You may find you like life more that way.
    I've lost count of how many long and short story-lines I've completed.  Not to mention the choice of completing them as different classes. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Nanfoodle said:

klash2def said:

Raquis said:

combat is crap in ESO!

I've lost count of how many long and short story-lines I've completed.  Not to mention the choice of completing them as different classes. 

Ya and I have done content from Cyrodiil, questing, dungeons, public delves, crafting, crafting quests, battle grounds, world bosses with 2-3 people to world bosses with 30-40 people. I have never run into a bug that has stopped me from doing any content. I had a night in Cyrodiil has a DC thing going on. 5th time I just left and did something else. The amount of content you can pick from often leaves me wondering. WOW what to do tonight?
    klash2def