Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Carrack, Pisces, MicroTech & Babbage - Gameplay Demo (CitizenCon 2949)

BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
edited November 2019 in Star Citizen
Resume of the gameplay demo with new ships, a new icy planet and it's city.

Post edited by Babuinix on
Erillionrpmcmurphy

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited November 2019
    I always like Tony panels .... how the Universe works in the background. "Quantum" at work.

Darn, the new Pyro system looks cool. As does passing through a jumpgate tunnel :-)  Needs some flying skills it seems. The "rapids" look is nice.

The Carrack trailer is amazing. And a nice "Death Stranding" touch added in ;-)

Have fun

Post edited by Erillion on
    rpmcmurphy
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Have they come close to defining the minium system config that will run the game when it's released/finished?

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Jamar870 said:
    Have they come close to defining the minium system config that will run the game when it's released/finished?

Your system not being able to run it smoothly is one of Star Citizen's many features.

NorseGodrpmcmurphybartoni33Kyleran

..Cake..

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2019
    The citizencon economy panel was great. That quantum tool is quite something, this provides the dynamic economy that was always pitched that is what glues the game together. It will need the AI & server work to cope so surely it will take a while but once implemented will create an economy that can actually evolve and change as players play.

Also as the bits hinted before, the first jump point to another system was shown to Pyro, together with Microtech, the Carrack, New Babbage city & weather.
    rpmcmurphy
    Jamar870 said:

Please check: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/telemetry

This is an actual telemetry page of all the players who play currently, this gives you a good overview of hardware performance as is.

The game is not polished and optimized as the 101 final stages of dev, so you can expect that the performance people get now on that telemetry will get better results then.

They will increase graphically quality as planned, but those efforts also come with the ongoing Vulkan upgrade that usually can gain 10-30% increased performance on rendering, so I wouldn't be worried about that.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    WalkinGlenn
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited November 2019
    Jamar870 said:

They don't even have the engine finished yet. How could they know? Seriously, try to find a straight answer. Is the engine finished, yes or no?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    NorseGod said:
    Jamar870 said:

They don't even have the engine finished yet. How could they know?
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/telemetry
    Babuinixrpmcmurphy
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:
    Jamar870 said:

This is an actual telemetry page of all the players who play currently, this gives you a good overview of hardware performance as is.

The game is not polished and optimized as the 101 final stages of dev, so you can expect that the performance people get now on that telemetry will get better results then.

They will increase graphically quality as planned, but those efforts also come with the ongoing Vulkan upgrade that usually can gain 10-30% increased performance on rendering, so I wouldn't be worried about that.
    Never expect the performance to increase for launch when you're buying something unless you know you can get a refund.
    NorseGod

Vrika said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Jamar870 said:

Never expect the performance to increase for launch when you're buying something unless you know you can get a refund.
    I am yet to play a game that I bought in alpha that has not performed better at launch. To me pretty safe expectation, the usual worse scenarios tend to be devs ignoring optimization what tends to still maintain current performance be that bad or good.

On SC the telemetry page is a great piece of data of the increased performance on major updates, with the same hardware specs achieving higher FPS.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Tony Z's panel was crap. Just dressing up what every other game does as though it's something special for SC.

Most importantly though is that they were talking about this stuff 5 years ago and it still remains as nothing more than notes in Tony's pocketbook. I swear the bloke spends all day sat in a deck chair somewhere drinking pina colada's and dreaming up ideas for economies and missions without ever actually putting any of it to work.
    MaxBaconBabuinixNorseGod
    edited November 2019
    Tony Z's panel was crap. Just dressing up what every other game does as though it's something special for SC.
    I am stunned at this comment... what the hell!  You talk every other game does like MMO economy AIs or even general games SIMULATE the economy in a dynamic way. No they do not, they are static developer-crafted economies that define the prices, the resources, etc... etc... 

A dynamic AI that by its own added rules will create a situation where pirates are attracted to a profitable trade route, and those same pirates move away if by mere simulation that route is no longer as profitable or security AI gets attracted to that high crime area. Or the prices of certain products increase to all players because of losses to pirate ganking just based on simulation.

"every other game does"? Seriously?!

Most importantly though is that they were talking about this stuff 5 years ago and it still remains as nothing more than notes in Tony's pocketbook. 
    This is BS; have you even watched the panel? The tool already exists, it already collects the data from the live servers as is, and conducts the simulation on developer-demand.

The thing that is missing is the implementation having this backend being the one feeding the game-server AI what to do.

The backend tool exists there, what does not is the server and AI work that is needed to ever allow this integration to have the AI populating the game-world, moving around and so on, while this simulation does its thing managing the AI.

Quantum hits on the very original pitch as far AI-driven economy goes and the initial ideas of a master server that did manage the NPCs.

BabuinixWalkinGlenn
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Most importantly though is that they were talking about this stuff 5 years ago and it still remains as nothing more than notes in Tony's pocketbook. I swear the bloke spends all day sat in a deck chair somewhere drinking pina colada's and dreaming up ideas for economies and missions without ever actually putting any of it to work.
    yeah dude you clearly either didn't watch the panel or didn't understand it. what he was showing was the background simulation running in realtime with the AI reacting naturally according to their behaviors. it was quite literally showing what he's been talking about for the last 5 years made real. 
    Yeap it was pretty epic :) Zurovec is the man!

MaxBacon
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    They mention anything about SQ42?
    NorseGod
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Kefo said:

Nope neither SQ42 nor Sandi was a part of the CitCon (and CR thanked everyone and his dog at the end, but not Sandi)
    I hope that the Calders didn't "fire" her, the only track we have seen from her the whole year is the Signature under the Chairman's Club Newsletter. :(

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited November 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    I am stunned at this comment... what the hell!  You talk every other game does like MMO economy AIs or even general games SIMULATE the economy in a dynamic way. No they do not, they are static developer-crafted economies that define the prices, the resources, etc... etc... 

A dynamic AI that by its own added rules will create a situation where pirates are attracted to a profitable trade route, and those same pirates move away if by mere simulation that route is no longer as profitable or security AI gets attracted to that high crime area. Or the prices of certain products increase to all players because of losses to pirate ganking just based on simulation.

"every other game does"? Seriously?!

Most importantly though is that they were talking about this stuff 5 years ago and it still remains as nothing more than notes in Tony's pocketbook. 
    This is BS; have you even watched the panel? The tool already exists, it already collects the data from the live servers as is, and conducts the simulation on developer-demand.

The thing that is missing is the implementation having this backend being the one feeding the game-server AI what to do.

The backend tool exists there, what does not is the server and AI work that is needed to ever allow this integration to have the AI populating the game-world, moving around and so on, while this simulation does its thing managing the AI.

Quantum hits on the very original pitch as far AI-driven economy goes and the initial ideas of a master server that did manage the NPCs.

And for a dev tool it looked really polished, I like that there is a procedural mission generator with this.
    The economy simulation itself is the same as i.e. Elite has for the players but Elite has no procedural MIssions based on it AFAIK (I don't play it)

Elite Galactic Map from 2014 (with obv all nodes turned on):

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited November 2019
    Kefo said:
    Recently in Citizencon they focus on Star Citizen while showcasing Squadron42 in the December's holiday livestream.

Going back to the Quantum showcase and how it relates with their plans for the economy dynamics of the universe from 7 years ago:

edited November 2019
    And for a dev tool it looked really polished, I like that there is a procedural mission generator with this.
    The economy simulation itself is the same as i.e. Elite has for the players but Elite has no procedural MIssions based on it AFAIK (I don't play it)

Elite Galactic Map from 2014 (with obv all nodes turned on):

The thing about ED I didn't play it much to notice how the backend works, the generation has to be on-demand so I do not think there is actual simulation services and save states for the solar systems, I think after that initial generation the rules do not change.

And to be fair neither would ED really benefit from this setup SC goes for because of its mere scale, SC game-world and the consequent economy is far more contained.
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Recently in Citizencon they focus on Star Citizen while showcasing Squadron42 in the December's holiday livestream.
    Recently in this case is 2019 I assume

Erillion

The cake is a lie.

Honestly I'm hopeful for another hour long gameplay demo rather than another trailer tbh but whatever comes or (not) is all good anyway!
    Erillion
    edited November 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Honestly I'm hopeful for another hour long gameplay demo rather than another trailer tbh but whatever comes or (not) is all good anyway!
    I don't think there is much to keep showing off SQ42 after the gameplay demo and the trailers.

SQ42 adds the story campaign, the rest is the vast majority features & mechanics of SC, so they can't do any feature and mechanic showcase exclusive to SQ42 that is not part of SC as well.

At the cost of giving up more of its story and missions for a demo, I think we're just up for normal teasers
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Going back to the Quantum showcase and how it relates with their plans for the economy dynamics of the universe from 7 years ago:

All you have to do is say no. I didn’t ask for anything else
    Kefo said:
    Funny, I thought you were trying to stay away from anything Chris Roberts attempts to make B)

I guess it's stronger than you:
    Understandable really. :)
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Funny, I thought you were trying to stay away from anything Chris Roberts attempts to make B)

I guess it's stronger than you:
    Understandable really. :)
    I am staying away. I don’t need to try as I already know Chris can’t run a company that will release a complete and finished game to save his life. I’m merely pointing out the fact they didn’t mention anything about a game that is supposed to enter beta next year at a convention about everything CI.