Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets be serious here.

Comments

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    goldboyy45 said:
    I agree with almost everything you cited except they will release something. All of us have our opinions and I have mine. There is no game here, there is pieces of coding they are working on in very early stages, they will never come close to putting all this together to make an actual mmo. Until i see actual proof, I maintain my stance that Caspian will declare bankruptcy and close the studios down in a couple of years, once this cash dries up.
    After seeing the latest cash funding bring in close to a million bucks or however much it was. That is true next level right there. Funding went down to basically nothing because of DSS getting delayed so much. They half push that out the door and people seem to completely forget about all the problems they had. 

As long as Caspian/SBS can keep releasing stuff, even as a crawl. I doubt they would ever hit that bankruptcy point. If the community has proved anything, it's they will and can forget pass mistakes/problems over and over. Even looking on the forums now. People don't seem to be saying much about the settles of elyria auction. Maybe discord it different, don't have that. I would say people have lost interested, but not with the way they throw money at it.
    Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Torrsk said:
    goldboyy45 said:
    I agree with almost everything you cited except they will release something. All of us have our opinions and I have mine. There is no game here, there is pieces of coding they are working on in very early stages, they will never come close to putting all this together to make an actual mmo. Until i see actual proof, I maintain my stance that Caspian will declare bankruptcy and close the studios down in a couple of years, once this cash dries up.
    After seeing the latest cash funding bring in close to a million bucks or however much it was. That is true next level right there. Funding went down to basically nothing because of DSS getting delayed so much. They half push that out the door and people seem to completely forget about all the problems they had. 

As long as Caspian/SBS can keep releasing stuff, even as a crawl. I doubt they would ever hit that bankruptcy point. If the community has proved anything, it's they will and can forget pass mistakes/problems over and over. Even looking on the forums now. People don't seem to be saying much about the settles of elyria auction. Maybe discord it different, don't have that. I would say people have lost interested, but not with the way they throw money at it.
    As long as the game remains a mystery box that they can project their dreams into, the funds will flow.   Once reality hits and the game becomes tangible, my guess is that there will be much angst and feelings of betrayal.   Thus the Devs show no desire to speed along production and why would they?  $1M for some procedural maps?  Dang...
    GdemamiKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    edited November 2019
    It's unbelievable how much the ivory tower will defend the studios, here is a great thread started by a community member offering some great advice in my opinion, instantly Winter starts with her antics.

Winter says "People don't listen to that. They completely crop it out and ignore messages like that. Point and case to the State of Elyria from July saying Development timeline and people taking it as an actual timeline of releases"

is this for real?

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34293/No-more-dates-or-timelines-Instead-can-we-have
    Gdemami
    I do like her argument. Because some loud minority take it the wrong way. SBS can't change their ways. It seems she would rather sit in silence and have no fucking clue what the hell is going on. The lack of logic on her part. While she is pushing her views onto the OP completely. Not just offering a different opinion. So much of an open and friendly community. 

Gdemami
    Torrsk said:
    I do like her argument. Because some loud minority take it the wrong way. SBS can't change their ways. It seems she would rather sit in silence and have no fucking clue what the hell is going on. The lack of logic on her part. While she is pushing her views onto the OP completely. Not just offering a different opinion. So much of an open and friendly community. 

Sure, so you rather things remain how they are now, no transparency, no idea where the heck Pre-Elyria is...Caspian gave an arbitrary percentage back in march how much it's complete...so where is the update now? I fully agree with the OP of that thread i linked and agree with you that Winter is pushing her narrative while offering no recourse...and finally agreed about how friendly the community is, because when you put in thousands of dollars into the project like she has your game is perfect the way it is.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    It's unbelievable how much the ivory tower will defend the studios, here is a great thread started by a community member offering some great advice in my opinion, instantly Winter starts with her antics.

Winter says "People don't listen to that. They completely crop it out and ignore messages like that. Point and case to the State of Elyria from July saying Development timeline and people taking it as an actual timeline of releases"

is this for real?

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34293/No-more-dates-or-timelines-Instead-can-we-have
    Thanks so much for the link, provided for some excellent entertainment. 

I so enjoy challenging the ivory tower faithful. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Always a winning lede to compare yourself to lessens that can be learned from Star Citizen.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Kyleran said:

is this for real?

Thanks so much for the link, provided for some excellent entertainment. 

I so enjoy challenging the ivory tower faithful. 
    The OP actually offers great advice, it's just unbelievable the studios allows ambassadors like this.
    Kyleran
    goldboyy45 said:
    Sure, so you rather things remain how they are now, no transparency, no idea where the heck Pre-Elyria is...

I often forget sarcasm doesn't translate well when it's written. Just to clear something up, Violet hasn't put anything more than a few hundred into the game, if that. Her forum rank is from the free kingdom event when her loyal fanboys gave her X amount of tokens. Which translated into heaps of IP. 

I do agree with the OP of that thread. While Star Citizen is far from perfect. The way they have done their timeline tracker, it's close to perfect imo. Something I have brought up many times, something that has been shot down every single time. It's about time people see the CoE community for what it really is, filled with wankers. That has been proved time and again. The recent DSS just bought it all to light. The fact they still act like they are better than everyone, just makes the whole thing worse.

While the ambassadors are general dickheads to everyone. The fact SBS themselves don't even bother to post on the forums anymore. Unless it's some shitty community journal, just wow. Even looking now. The latest staff posts go all the way back last month. Much communication.
    Torrsk said:
    goldboyy45 said:
    Sure, so you rather things remain how they are now, no transparency, no idea where the heck Pre-Elyria is...

While the ambassadors are general dickheads to everyone. 

Remember, Caspien once said that it wouldn't look good for HIM to shut down skeptics but he encouraged his Ivory Tower to do so. Here is the exact quote:

"We can’t be everywhere at once, nor does it look good for us to try and discourage such behavior. But we can encourage you guys to shut down such behavior."
    https://massivelyop.com/2017/12/22/chronicles-of-elyria-allegedly-struggles-to-find-a-publisher-enables-store-gifting-and-battles-harbingers/

So naturally when it came time to select "Ambassadors"... they picked those who most demonstrated the traits they were looking for.  Only the most fervent can truly be trusted. Remember another Caspien quote where he talked about "sharing the gospel of CoE"...

Just think about how disappointed they will be when reality eventually comes calling and the game that releases is the weakest shadow of what was promised...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213

Just think about how disappointed they will be when reality eventually comes calling and the game that releases is the weakest shadow of what was promised...
    Well, some lessons are only learned through the hard way. 
    Kyleran
    So todays shiny was posted earlier and boy is it a doozy. All you naysayers take a glimpse at what 7.5M dollars gets you. Who said this can be done by 5 interns in two weeks of time? This is the next coming of gaming.

One of their supermods said "This was an awesome glimpse into the movement system.

I cannot wait to be swinging from ropes onto the decks of ships! Or running through lost tombs in search of treasure.

The different types of motion that we can do, from wall running, to shimmying up beams, or vault jumping, really gives me an Assassin's Creed vibe (which I always loved the parkour system in). Can't wait to see it in Elyria, and how it plays out!"

That's right Ubisoft, if you thought your Assasin's Creed had great Parkour, wait until the Chronicles of Elyria come out..Caspian will be shimmying his way straight to the bank.

Shiny video here:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34303/SHINY-DAY-11222019-Lets-Check-the-Replay

Is that video an out of season April Fools joke?

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    AnOldFart said:
    Snip

Beware though... once you take that red pill you can’t ever go back.

I took said red pill... 
    I took the red pill as well, thankfully. Before that I ate every lie Caspian has said, he really does have a way with words, so much easier when you go dark after missing every date and scrapping every single way of designing this game.
    It's a suppository right? RIGHT GUYS?!

Dat map doh! Games almost complete now that the map rolled out!

Gut Out!
    bcbully

What, me worry?

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    It all boils down to Caspian being a shit project manager and leader of the company. They have a good concept, a good core group of employees but there have been many blunders at the hands of the CEO. Hopefully they get something out that is playable in 2020 (alpha for certain backers), but I don't see this hitting beta until 2022, if ever. And sadly, I've pumped about 1k into the game.
    AnOldFart
    I wonder if MMO Massively will give CoE the stormiest mmo award next month, hopefully they don't waste their vote on SotA as that dumpster fire shouldn't even count imho.
    Is that video an out of season April Fools joke?

Sure doesn't inspire much confidence that backers will be getting access to the game world anytime in the next year or so...as there really doesn't appear to be much of one yet .
    GdemamiMendel

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    I'll check back next year.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
    This just makes me wish they had a list even more of what they have completed. So while these jumping puzzle look somewhat cool. Doesn't show me any real progress of what is to be done. Might give more meaning to the overall thing.
    Gdemami
    Torrsk said:
    This just makes me wish they had a list even more of what they have completed. So while these jumping puzzle look somewhat cool. Doesn't show me any real progress of what is to be done. Might give more meaning to the overall thing.
    As I suspect it would a be a very short list I doubt we'll see such an accounting any time soon.
    Gdemami

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited November 2019
    They're re-demoing the movement system they had in Silver Run Mine demo 2 and a half years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi2ASn9xDB0
    Slapshot1188GdemamiGutlard

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    A parkour style movement system?  All using the WASD controls?  Not really the kind of thing I look for in an MMORPG style game.

KyleranGdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    A parkour style movement system?  All using the WASD controls?  Not really the kind of thing I look for in an MMORPG style game.

Oh no... they have designed the game to be controlled with a gamepad.  You CAN use WASD of course... but gamepad is where all the cool kids are.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Mendel said:

Oh no... they have designed the game to be controlled with a gamepad.  You CAN use WASD of course... but gamepad is where all the cool kids are.

The point was that he performed all those different activities using the 4 basic movement keys (and a jump key).  The game selected the various movement types for him.  His control simply was direction, distance and jumping.  No apparent sliding or vaulting or any special movements were under his control, if you watch his hands.  The animation appeared to change according to the obstacle, not any kind of input.  I may have missed something, but I'm just not quite curious enough to look at that again.  I'm trying to be nice to myself these days.

Slapshot1188

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:

Looking to be more of an action combat system with a focus on something I loath, jumping puzzles. 

Oh well, more material to slag on.

;)
    Gdemami