Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Live Stream Memorial to Brad McQuaid Taking Place Tomorrow - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imagePantheon Live Stream Memorial to Brad McQuaid Taking Place Tomorrow - MMORPG.com

Just a heads up, the Pantheon memorial stream for Brad McQuaid will begin tomorrow.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited November 2019
    And on that fateful day Aradune the ranger walked alone into the lasting darkness as the ever burning flame of his blade, the Fiery Avenger, petered out, never to be seen by mortal eyes again.

And the people were saddened and many wept for they had lost their guide who took them to new, unknown worlds for them to adventure in. Worlds where they could be heroes or villains, make new friends or enemies but more importantly: worlds where they would make new memories that would last them a lifetime.
    Mackaveli44[Deleted User]foppoteedigitalellisitchmonMrYukuzXarkoAmatheSinsaiTacticalZombehand 1 other.
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285

Kumapon said:

And on that fateful day Aradune the ranger walked alone into the lasting darkness as the ever burning flame of his blade, the Fiery Avenger, petered out, never to be seen by mortal eyes again.

And the people were saddened and many wept for they had lost their guide who took them to new, unknown worlds for them to adventure in. Worlds where they could be heroes or villains, make new friends or enemies but more importantly: worlds where they would make new memories that would last them a lifetime.

Beautiful
    Kumaponfoppotee
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Between Brad himself and Ribbitribbitt, I have shed a good deal of tears over Brad's work. I wonder if he knew back in the 90s working on EQ1 how much his work will have meant to so many.

I'll be there.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    So will I.

• amaokoenamaokoen Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Was Brad involved with EQ2 also?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well i don't think he was officially involved with EQ2 but who knows,may have been possible that some work was sent his way.

On September 9, 2013, McQuaid released a statement saying that he had left SOE, but would continue to work with them. This news, coupled with a string of hints dropped throughout Twitter and various message board posts, led the community to believe that McQuaid intended to work on a true spiritual successor to EverQuest and Vanguard independently.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Hope they do not pervert this into a fundraising effort for the game.
    Sovrathonelesslight

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    As I said before 'Travel well Aradune a new adventure is before you' You will meet long lost friends and some who have already gone before but recognise your name.

Who knows you might even get to meet Fizban sitting on that tree stump waiting for a certain kender to pass by.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

Bazgrim has no official ties to the Game or Company. He's a fan.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited November 2019
    amaokoen said:
    Was Brad involved with EQ2 also?
    Brad had no involvement in EQ2
    As fare as I know Scott Hartman was the official Executive Producer.
    Having said that, when EQ2 was in production,  Brad was the head of SOE games, so he night have contributed to the game.

EQ2 Launched in November 2004, Brad left in September 2003, Just 1 year before release.
    You do the maths.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited November 2019
    It will be midnight GMT, but it does not look like you even have to log in to Twitch, so I should be there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

Geeky said:

Bazgrim has no official ties to the Game or Company. He's a fan.

Official is the key word there, despite his overly blatant attempts to secure a job title with VR.
    RexKushman[Deleted User]
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • UthorUthor Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Sad time. I have fond memories of EQ, and Vanguard. MoF I built a beast of a rig just to play VSoH.

Rest Easy knowing you will be remembered!

In the end, the only opinion that matters is mine...

Started.

Yes it was very touching. 
    Scot

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    makes me wanna go back to EQ and play......... wish Vanguard was still around, too.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Xodic said:

I completely understand why we would perceive that as some sort of morally corrupt act. However, this was Brad's last project, the man's last passion. Perhaps not doing everything possible to ensure it launches in the best possible state would bring more shame to Brad's memory than actually using his memory to ensure that it launches in the best possible state. I don't know where the line is drawn, but I would probably lean more towards acceptance, indifference at worst.
    The line is drawn when its 2 days since his death.   Respect now... fundraise later.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• tinnistinnis Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited November 2019
    TWITCH CHAT ARCHIVE of the ~1h Community Memorial Stream for Brad ‘Aradune’ McQuaid
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Would be nice to see his final vision launched. That would be the best thing the fan base could do in his memory.
    [Deleted User]
  • tinnistinnis Member UncommonPosts: 41
    recording