Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delete me

2»

Comments

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Utinni said:
    The girl is on a yacht, the pic with the guy is pretty obviously just a small boat. You can see the canopy in the picture lol.
    Why the impersonal pronouns @Utinni?

The individuals pictured are Sandi, VP of Marketing, and Chris, CEO.  Top level executives in CIG.

Uh oh, grammar police on patrol. Dot your I's and cross your T's cause they correctin' erry'body out here.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Utinni said:
    The girl is on a yacht, the pic with the guy is pretty obviously just a small boat. You can see the canopy in the picture lol.
    Why the impersonal pronouns @Utinni?

The individuals pictured are Sandi, VP of Marketing, and Chris, CEO.  Top level executives in CIG.

Uh oh, grammar police on patrol. Dot your I's and cross your T's cause they correctin' erry'body out here.
    Don't be facile; passive voice is a tactic to either cover ignorance or lead away from an uncomfortable truth.

Language has meaning: do you really believe @Utinni had no idea who the two people were?

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Soooo ...

... the boss of a HUGE successful kickstarter campaign ...

... POSSIBLY can afford an jacht ?

And nobody got a picture ... except of a boat.

Nobody knows if its his own boat in the first place.

Nobody knows if this boat has been acquired with the money from his campaign.

And nobody knows if he owned that boat already before that point anyway.

And then we got a picture of a lady in a completely other ship which actually seems to be a jacht, to which all the previously mentioned stuff applies as well.

Thus a totally uber super straight summary: OMG. Clearly the end is nigh. Fail fail fail abort abort abort.

If you can find any irony you can keep it.

P.s.: As a programmer, I find this implication we programmers should be franciscan monks sworn to poverty really quite problematic.

PhaserlightalkarionlogErillion
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Here is a picture of me at the helm of a 52 foot yacht with a similar canopy:

https://imgur.com/UV2B7Wx

Several people wish to occlude the occasion on which Chris' yacht photos were taken, it seems.  This is even more interesting to me than the fact such photos exist.
    Erillion

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    You guys are still making this thread about a meme?

The thread is about refunds. There is an entire community on reddit still waiting for their refunds. I even provided a link to the sub reddit. 

I know that they had to change their refund policy. They were bleeding money.

That still doesn't explain why people are waiting over a year for a refund or not getting one at all.

How come none of you want to talk about that, I wonder?

I'm going to post another meme now. The meme doesn't mean that I'm actually Malcom Reynolds posting here, ok?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    NorseGod said:
    You guys are still making this thread about a meme?

The thread is about refunds. There is an entire community on reddit still waiting for their refunds. I even provided a link to the sub reddit. 

I know that they had to change their refund policy. They were bleeding money.

That still doesn't explain why people are waiting over a year for a refund or not getting one at all.

How come none of you want to talk about that, I wonder?

I'm going to post another meme now. The meme doesn't mean that I'm actually Malcom Reynolds posting here, ok?

Discussing the picture is safer than discussing what the thread is truly about.
    NorseGod
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited December 2019
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    Tiller
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Thread needs locked for idiocracy. 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0730932/ 

Some people have more money then others. Deal with it.
    Stupid question but in that bio how exactly do you maneuver digital anvil to 14 million in annual revenue when you don’t put out a product?

oh never mind further reading reveals the bio is full of bs since Digital Anvil never released a game under Roberts leadership and he ran the company into the ground.

So more bloviating by Roberts.
    edited November 2019

It's a valid discussion, some folks are unhappy and waiting for refunds for something they feel is up to their standards. Why is that hard for you to accept? If we're going to talk about facts then lets talk about all the facts. The game is making very slow progress, constantly changes design scope before the main aspects are finished and some people are angry that ships they have been waiting for may never come to fruition.
    NorseGod
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

wow, if he was so sucessfull, why make a kick starter and launch skin ships before announcing a new postpone?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Can you name a game developer who usesover 300mil of their own money to make a game ? 

Not exactly. But I can name someone who used a lot of their own money, I believe: Curt Schilling. Not a happy ending, that one.

Ok I played your game now play mine. Can you name another game that raised $300 million and was in production 7-10 years and was nowhere even near release?
    NorseGodalkarionlog

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Business is business, some people are just better at then derek smart

You know you're successful when people compare you to Derek Smart.

..Cake..

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Amathe said:

Can you name a game developer who usesover 300mil of their own money to make a game ? 

Not exactly. But I can name someone who used a lot of their own money, I believe: Curt Schilling. Not a happy ending, that one.

Ok I played your game now play mine. Can you name another game that raised $300 million and was in production 7-10 years and was nowhere even near release?
    yes. Star Citizen :) 

I would say the closest thing would be Vanguard Saga ofd Hereos, total was 30million, add in inflation would probably be about 130 to 175 million which was delayed a few times.

inflation would be salary caps, taxes, overhead and marketing adjustments.
    I think you may be inflating that inflation.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

edited December 2019
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Kefo said:

Stupid question but in that bio how exactly do you maneuver digital anvil to 14 million in annual revenue when you don’t put out a product?

oh never mind further reading reveals the bio is full of bs since Digital Anvil never released a game under Roberts leadership and he ran the company into the ground.

So more bloviating by Roberts.
    Bloviation is Chris Roberts middle name.  Technically though, DA did release one game, Star Lancer.  However that was done totally by Bullfrog Games, with Erin as the DA interfacer.   Pretty sure I recall Chris claiming he was intimately involved, and that they called him all the time for advice.   Yeah, sure....

More bloviation.  Chris Roberts biggest goal is always puffing up Chris Roberts.

The more refunds, the more running in the red that CIG does, the more outside investment they'll probably need, the more likely saner heads will eventually wrest control of Star Citizen.  Even then, it took three more years of development for Microsoft to release Freelancer.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Amathe said:

yes. Star Citizen :) 

I would say the closest thing would be Vanguard Saga ofd Hereos, total was 30million, add in inflation would probably be about 130 to 175 million which was delayed a few times.

inflation would be salary caps, taxes, overhead and marketing adjustments.
    I think you don't know what inflation is.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes would cost maybe a bit under $40 million today if you take inflation into account. You're calculating something other than inflation.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited November 2019

wow, if he was so sucessfull, why make a kick starter and launch skin ships before announcing a new postpone?

Can you name a game developer who usesover 300mil of their own money to make a game ? Knowing the difference between development and producing / publishing is key. 

Producer is the the funds to create. I.E. all Star Citizen backers are Producers
    Developers make the game, CIG / RSI ect
    The game is self publishing through CIG  and or RSI 

Business is business, some people are just better at then derek smart

Producer is the one responsible for overseeing the production. In Star Citizen's case the producer is either CIG or RSI, I don't know enough about their corporate structure to know which.

edited November 2019
    More bad press. When MSM starts to pick up on the fact this game is in development purgatory, you know you might have a problem.

AmatheNorseGod
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    edited November 2019
    Babuinix said:
    There's off course a 14 day refund period with no questions asked no matter how many hours you play which is better than what Steam, Epic, Origin, Uplay stores offer.
    A 14 day refund is not working in this case, you would play a game through and refund it, thats why there is a 2hour played max in steam to be eligible for a refund (no question asked because they track the played time and the process is automatic).

This comparsion would be valid if SQ42 was released and they still give out a 14day refund on it.

You have to understand that the people are complaining about what was advertised and what was delivered in a timely matter. Maybe you are an US resident and are used to it to get F***ed by companies but in the EU (and AUS) it is different.

In regards to Vanguard - it was a disaster, Brad back in the days pulled stuff out in interviews we  never considered before (sounds familiar?)
    Brad McQuaid died 3 days ago, he was 51 years old :( See Ya Mr EverQuest
    Post edited by Turrican187 on
    NorseGod

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited December 2019
    TilleralkarionlogKefo
    edited December 2019

Kefo
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Maurgrim said:
    I buy it in 2033 when It's get released.
    At this rate that's a start of Beta date.  One system release a year is something to think about.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited December 2019