Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic's Battlegrounds Hitting Servers On December 10

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Classic's Battlegrounds Hitting Servers On December 10

Via a forum post today, Blizzard announced that the upcoming Battlegrounds update will be hitting on December 10th in World of Warcraft Classic.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Kind of annoying how the pressure was on for blizzard and they just release classic and bam their investors are happy because MONEY!! My only hope is they apply this to retail. My thought are remove flying all together for current expansion at ALL times and remove LFG for heroics and ALL raids. That way casuals can still Q for the basic groups.
    GroqstrongGdemami
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Lukzfresh said:
    Kind of annoying how the pressure was on for blizzard and they just release classic and bam their investors are happy because MONEY!! My only hope is they apply this to retail. My thought are remove flying all together for current expansion at ALL times and remove LFG for heroics and ALL raids. That way casuals can still Q for the basic groups.
    Lot of people I think may have paid real money for their flying mounts. I sincerely doubt Blizzard can brazenly remove flying after selling mounts to people. It would be a cause for great consternation and protests.
    Iselinvelimirius
    Chamber of Chains
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Blizzard has been swamped with complaints and threats of sub cancellation so they are throwing in the towel and releasing the battlegrounds early.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

Lukzfresh said:

There are alot more casuals then there are serious raiders so that would definately backfire for Blizzard wont happen.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lukzfresh said:
    They already tried that in WoD and it backfired greatly, thus is why pathfinder was born.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Kinda sad lot of people got pressured into going on PvP servers cause they we're told it's the "true" experience. If you're not in a guild with good structure and competent people it can be the worst time ever. Half these servers are going to become ghost towns cause of severe faction imbalance or that a few guilds are so hardcore they control the world and all it's resources.
    Panzerbeorne39cheeba
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Kinda sad lot of people got pressured into going on PvP servers cause they we're told it's the "true" experience. If you're not in a guild with good structure and competent people it can be the worst time ever. Half these servers are going to become ghost towns cause of severe faction imbalance or that a few guilds are so hardcore they control the world and all it's resources.

That is what's cool about wow.... else it just becomes a grind simulation. ( or any game..)
    Should invent ways to help the server imbalance, if it's purely because of numbers. Like xp boost for new players.. extra events... and power buffs in certain areas...
    cheeba

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

edited November 2019
    This is the reason the BGs are being released early. Horde knows no moderation and are trying to drive players off their server

[Deleted User]JamesGoblincheyane

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    kitarad said:
    This is the reason the BGs are being released early. Horde knows no moderation and are trying to drive players off their server

Meanwhile on my RP-PVE server we're having great, fun and honorable battles in Hillsbrad where we let eachother res and regroup in between. Good times.
    ThupliPalebaneJamesGoblincheyane
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited November 2019
    Warcraft is a strategy game about gaining and holding territory for resources, not esport battles for loot. They got it wrong (again).

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Palebane said:

Warcraft is a strategy game about gaining and holding territory for resources, not esport battles for loot. They got it wrong (again).

Few MMOs get PvP right without sacrificing PvE entirely
    Palebane
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89

Lukzfresh said:

I dislike LFG as much as the next surly curmudgeon who can remember life before Patch 3.3, but how will removing this feature make it easier to group?
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Stizzled said:

kitarad said:

Oh no, those poor Allies! A single tear rolls down my cheek.

I just spent two hours on Kromcrush in Searing Gorge on my 50 Orc Warlock trying to finish up the last few quests in the zone. Want to guess how many times I was ganked by roaming bands of lvl 60 Allies?

It was stupid to not launch with BGs in the first place. But, putting in the PvP gear without BGs was even more stupid.

People always blame Horde for this kind of behavior and conveniently pretend Alliance doesn't do the exact same thing know servers where they can.
    edited November 2019

Stizzled said:

kitarad said:

Oh no, those poor Allies! A single tear rolls down my cheek.

I just spent two hours on Kromcrush in Searing Gorge on my 50 Orc Warlock trying to finish up the last few quests in the zone. Want to guess how many times I was ganked by roaming bands of lvl 60 Allies?

It was stupid to not launch with BGs in the first place. But, putting in the PvP gear without BGs was even more stupid.

People always blame Horde for this kind of behavior and conveniently pretend Alliance doesn't do the exact same thing know servers where they can.
    Definitely true but right now most servers have a Horde majority so this is what is happening to many Alliance players. It is far worse this time round because each server is holding 4 times the number they used to in Vanilla. Therefore the situation is far more unbearable.