Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad McQuaid, EverQuest and Pantheon Developer, Has Passed Away - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Very sad.... I wonder when VR employees start to talk about the truth of Pantheon and its secrets.

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267
    I can remember my first steps in Nektulos Forest, making my way through the skeletons, past the bridge and bears to the common lands.

Some 20 years later, the memories of Everquest are just as if they were yesterday.

Thank you Brad for some amazing adventures over the years... you will be remembered!
    Amathe

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Really sad news.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Very sad news, I am grateful for giving us EQ and probably the whole MMORPG genre as EQ was the first mainstream MMORPG.

Dying is inevitable, but dying so young is always a tragedy.

Rest in peace Aradune.
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35
    RIP Thank you for everything you gave us.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    RIP

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    RIP Aradune

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    RIP Brad.  Hopefully Pantheon carries on his legacy as EQ did.
  • EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341
    He transferred his mind to a Hill Giant in EverQuest
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Thinking on this a bit more, now I'm really expecting something exceptional in the way of an MMORPG in the afterlife with all the available talent there.  I strongly doubt that crowdfunding has any place in heaven, either.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Think it was only a few weeks ago  I had posted that a life is more important then a developing a game, and if someone was in trouble they should just stop and make sure everyone is health.

If it is true that this was an overdose, I doubt I will be able to purchase Pantheon. 

Still very sad today because Vanguard SOH was just amazing, and I loved reading Brad's McQuaids outlook at the industry.

Wait, why would an overdose cause you not to buy the game?
    PhaserlightbcbullyScot
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Mendel said:
    Thinking on this a bit more, now I'm really expecting something exceptional in the way of an MMORPG in the afterlife with all the available talent there.  I strongly doubt that crowdfunding has any place in heaven, either.

Kinda sounds like you drank one too many shots in Brad's honor.
  • exhellexhell Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Ugh, just the other day I saw a title for a game developer passing that worked on Everquest, thinking OMG I hope it's not Brad, but it was for Matt McDonald, RIP:/. Then the next day find out this horrible news! RIP Brad! I enjoyed, and still enjoy p99 today, I followed and pledged to your kickstarter for Pantheon, I hope your team continues and employs and honors your amazing vision with it. My condolences for his family, and sad for our great loss. Safe travels, Aradune.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    My fondest memory of Aradune was when he would show up as Wawker Thestwian Ranger in the Vanguard Beta.  He actually played around with the beta(what would be considered alpha these days) testers. 

Far too young to die.
  • LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Sad to say I never got to experience EQ1 (alittle before my time) - I also didn’t get to experience Vanguard (sad I missed out on that). I did experience EQ2 which was some of the best times in gaming for me. I guess since he wa pet of EQ1 you could say he was the inspiration for some of EQ 2. RIP. Sad to here when people pass.
  • RenantonRenanton Member UncommonPosts: 26
    RIP Brad. My condolences to his family and friends. Whether you liked him or not, he was a pillar of the MMORPG community and got that ball rolling years ago with EQ and then Vanguard. He is now on that endless quest
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    RIP another great one passes on....
    Scot
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Walk forever in Tunare's light, Aradune.

Thank you for so many hundreds of hours spent in your world.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Can't believe this has happened. So many great memories from my EQ experience that will never be duplicated by any other game. None have fully captured the magic of EQ that Brad was instrumental in creating. Such a huge loss for gaming and especially the MMO community. You were a legend Brad and you will be missed. RIP.
    Amathe
  • sakin13sakin13 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    incredibly  usettling news . Gaming world will not be the same. 
    Deepeset condolences to family and friends but as well as the Gamers worldwide. Even this very website as well as hundreds of MMO's would most likely not be around if it wasnt for Brad and a few more Pioneers like him.

RIP . you will always be remembered vividly
    Amathe