Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad McQuaid, EverQuest and Pantheon Developer, Has Passed Away - MMORPG.com

Comments

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    OG_Zorvan said:
    If cocaine was listed on the stock exchange, stocks would have plummeted with this news.
    Jesus buddy....
  • LililuneLililune Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I'm so sad now T_T
    RIP.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,515
    I am so Sad right now! I will always cherish my time in his gaming Worlds, specially Everquest.

I remember my Time in EQ's Beta back then, I was a Level 26 Erudite Wizard named Taki and my memory is very vivid of the day "Aradune" would loiter around Qeynos with his Glowing Swords making us all Oooo and Ahhh.

You will be missed Brad. :(
    My Heart goes out to his Family and the rest of the Gaming Community who found Joy that he brought to so many of us.

RIP
    Amathe

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• defeatorigindefeatorigin Member UncommonPosts: 4
    RIP.

Also sad to see that Pantheon: rise of the Fallen will be a legacy for generations of devs to come, maybe they can complete it and make it a functional mmorpg.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member RarePosts: 3,424
    Farewell Aradune, now the real adventure begins. I hope you are sitting under a tree on some mystical world on a bright sunny day talking to an elf that happened to be walking pass.

Travel well Brad.
    bcbully

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,204
    Wow, shocking and unexpected news. Very saddening and a huge loss for both the gaming community and Pantheon. 
    Fortes Fortuna Iuvat

18 year MMO veteran 
    Retired PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,803
    Condolences to his family.  I had some fundamental disagreements with Brad on some aspects of MMO design and even had the opportunity to argue with him about it a few times on forums.  However, I will say that Everquest came along when I was going through a very bad time in my life and as silly as it might sound it helped to pull me out of it.  I got so drawn into that game that it allowed me to put aside my real life problems at least for a while each day which really did help me get through that period of my life.

So Brad, thank you for that and I hope your next adventure is a good one.
    Mendel
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 805
    Sincere condolences to family and friends.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Very sad.... I wonder when VR employees start to talk about the truth of Pantheon and its secrets.

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I can remember my first steps in Nektulos Forest, making my way through the skeletons, past the bridge and bears to the common lands.

Some 20 years later, the memories of Everquest are just as if they were yesterday.

Thank you Brad for some amazing adventures over the years... you will be remembered!
    Amathe

• TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,267
    Really sad news.
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 919
    Very sad news, I am grateful for giving us EQ and probably the whole MMORPG genre as EQ was the first mainstream MMORPG.

Dying is inevitable, but dying so young is always a tragedy.

Rest in peace Aradune.
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 33
    RIP Thank you for everything you gave us.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 607
    RIP

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 402
    RIP Aradune

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,217
    RIP Brad.  Hopefully Pantheon carries on his legacy as EQ did.
  • EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341
    He transferred his mind to a Hill Giant in EverQuest
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,535
    Thinking on this a bit more, now I'm really expecting something exceptional in the way of an MMORPG in the afterlife with all the available talent there.  I strongly doubt that crowdfunding has any place in heaven, either.

blueturtle13

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member EpicPosts: 1,920
    edited November 2019
    Think it was only a few weeks ago  I had posted that a life is more important then a developing a game, and if someone was in trouble they should just stop and make sure everyone is health.

If it is true that this was an overdose, I doubt I will be able to purchase Pantheon. 

Still very sad today because Vanguard SOH was just amazing, and I loved reading Brad McQuaid's outlook at the industry.

There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,009
    Think it was only a few weeks ago  I had posted that a life is more important then a developing a game, and if someone was in trouble they should just stop and make sure everyone is health.

If it is true that this was an overdose, I doubt I will be able to purchase Pantheon. 

Still very sad today because Vanguard SOH was just amazing, and I loved reading Brad's McQuaids outlook at the industry.

Wait, why would an overdose cause you not to buy the game?
    PhaserlightbcbullyScot
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,165
    Mendel said:
    Thinking on this a bit more, now I'm really expecting something exceptional in the way of an MMORPG in the afterlife with all the available talent there.  I strongly doubt that crowdfunding has any place in heaven, either.

Kinda sounds like you drank one too many shots in Brad's honor.

Still very sad today because Vanguard SOH was just amazing, and I loved reading Brad's McQuaids outlook at the industry.

Wait, why would an overdose cause you not to buy the game?
    If you never watched the movie Amadeus, give it watch. 
    Gdemami
    edited November 2019
    Prince of MMos #Salute