Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad McQuaid, EverQuest and Pantheon Developer, Has Passed Away - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBrad McQuaid, EverQuest and Pantheon Developer, Has Passed Away - MMORPG.com

Brad McQuaid, a legendary game designer who worked on EverQuest, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and most recently Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, has passed away according to a tweet on the official Pantheon twitter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    For some reason when they asked for privacy, i have a feeling Brad may have fallen back into some of his old stuff.

Hope not though
    VrikaPhaedruslivesJeroKaneSavageHorizononelesslightThupliZombieCatJamesGoblin
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    So sad to hear.  Wow.
    wingoodPalebaneJamesGoblin
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• thighhighsthighhighs Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Rip
    JamesGoblin
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    RiP
    JamesGoblin
  • BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247
    This news makes me sad.
    GeekywingoodTacticalZombehJamesGoblin
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Terrible news.
    JamesGoblin
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Sad day in gaming. He will be missed.
    blackthornnwingoodsakerTacticalZombehJamesGoblin
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Sad.

Pour a Kaladim Constitutional out for the gnomies
    itchmonEQBallzzJamesGoblin
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Out of the blue...and into the black...

AmatheJamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Swish2Swish2 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    RIP Brad, 20+ years and tons of us still enjoying your work on Project1999 as well as on Daybreak's servers - huge legacy to the gaming world <3
    sakerJamesGoblin
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    wow this is Horrible  =(  Really sad news

Always enjoyed following this guys games , was a hardcore EQ 1 junky for many many many many many many many many Years

RIP Brad  
    JamesGoblin
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This is terrible. I am so sorry for his family, friends, co-workers, and of course the gaming community. He will really be missed.
    Kylerandragonlee66wingoodTacticalZombehJamesGoblin

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wtf
    SovrathYukmarcSinsaiJamesGoblin
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited November 2019

Syphin_B said:

For some reason when they asked for privacy, i have a feeling Brad may have fallen back into some of his old stuff.

Hope not though

Sadly I agree. My father may have passed from the same. I pass no judgment.
    JamesGoblin
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • kaeoltaekaeoltae Member UncommonPosts: 18
    RIP because of you and your game EQ i found my wife.
    I wish your family the best.
    CryomatrixTillerSovrathwingoodlotrloreGorweScotmilluxValentinaAmatheand 4 others.
  • Tetsuo_batosaiTetsuo_batosai Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Farewell Aradune may your travels be even more epic on the otherside..... thoughts and prayers to Brad's family and colleagues
    KyleranSovrathGeekyJamesGoblin
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    My condolences. The mmorpg genre exists because of Brad. RIP Aradune.
    sakerJamesGoblin
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    RIP
    JamesGoblin
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• StaticWaxStaticWax Member UncommonPosts: 7
    JamesGoblin
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Brad was a legend. He helped spearhead the MMO genre that wouldn't be the same, if it exists at all, without him. He designed his games around the core concept of working together with others to overcome challenges. This alone is what made Everquest great, inspired thousands of people to become game developers, and, most importantly, brought people together. He will truly be missed.

I hope that the VR team honours his memory by sticking to the vision for Pantheon that was agreed upon so that it may blossom into an MMO that Brad would be proud of.

achesomadragonlee66EronakisScotPhaserlightAvanahmilluxAlomarsakerTacticalZombehand 1 other.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Horrible horrible news. Condolences to the family and friends. That is horrible news. I felt like it was just yesterday he was on the streams showcasing work on Pantheon :( Great great memories Bradd you have created in many of our lives. Thank you for all the hard work and time.
    JamesGoblin
  • digitekdigitek Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Knew Brad for the last decade, oddly enough completely unrelated to video games. Was a dear friend and still in shock. Sincere condolences to his family and those who knew him.
    [Deleted User]KyleranlotrloreTacticalZombehJamesGoblin
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Rest in peace, you lived the dream that many of us have.
    wingoodJamesGoblin
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

DMKano said:

RIP Aradune

What happens to us after we die?

"I know that the ones who love us will miss us" - Keanu Reeves

All I can say is thanks for the work and contribution on EQ1 and Vanguard - I enjoyed playing both immensely over the years.

I still remember Reeves responding with that to Colbert's question. It is such a simplistic sentiment but still a deep impacting one.

I still remember Aradune too McQuaid's EQ1 Ranger.