Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For what it's worth: Faerthale Teaser Trailer

124»

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,097
    I really want this game to come out faster but I don't feel like I agree with a lot of the opinions here. They've shown a good amount of gameplay in several dungeons and the open world, and they've given us a look at the environmental system and the quest system so far, which are two of the big ones for this game. Yes, it's progressing slowly, but I feel like we're getting good updates.
    bng28
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,472
    I am in over my head when you talk coding.

My understanding though was they entered a kick starter campaign that failed in no small part due to a lack of actual game development they could show people. 

So they selected Unity due to 1, cost, and 2, the ability to use prefabricated game assets.

That led them to work hard on building a game world as fast as possible using such assets.

Then later, they didn't like a lot of what they had done, and basically started over.

And now I have no idea at all what they are doing vis-a-vis Unity, other than that's their engine.
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• scooby1971scooby1971 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Its not about the engine, its all about the imagination and efforts a development team puts in.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,482
    edited November 2019
    Its not about the engine, its all about the imagination and efforts a development team puts in.
    Hasn't been a lot of evidence so far of imagination or effort, mostly just a lot of words and talk.

Mendeldelete5230

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,972
    Kyleran said:
    Hasn't been a lot of evidence so far of imagination or effort, mostly just a lot of words and talk.

Sadly, talking about amazing features and astonishing features is what is working.  It is far easier to spout words describing a game than to build an actual game.  That's probably why we have a lot fewer games than we should.  Developers are spending too much time, money, and effort on building a web site to promote a game that won't be around for years.  I'd suggest that this is a case where priorities are backwards on both sides of the developer-consumer equation.

TwoTubes

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 1,986
    Just make a Project Gorgon with better gfx and they would be set.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,472
    edited November 2019
    BruceYee said:

They should have matched their ambition to the reach of an indie company, and that would have resulted in a nice game. But instead they are just as ambitious as a AAA funded game, minus the AAA funding. 

One day I fear that Brad will be blogging about what went wrong with Pantheon, and the first sentence of that blog will be "We tried to do too much."
    KyleranMendelKumaponSovrath

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,025
    Amathe said:
    BruceYee said:

They should have matched their ambition to the reach of an indie company, and that would have resulted in a nice game. But instead they are just as ambitious as a AAA funded game, minus the AAA funding. 

One day I fear that Brad will be blogging about what went wrong with Pantheon, and the first sentence of that blog will be "We tried to do too much."
    And my fear is none of it will be done well, even if they do manage to do everything they want.  I'd rather a game launch with half the planned feature sets if they are all masterfully executed.  You can always release more down the line (and btw charge for them via expansions that help fund it) but trying to fit 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag never works, something always suffers.
    Torval
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,144
    BruceYee said:
    I think this very thing ever single time I log into that game. Two things that just shred that game - graphics quality and bland oatmeal world building. I still play because the class building, crafting, combat, gear, NPC rep, and everything else just rocks. I'm going to go cry a little now. :lol:
    KajidourdenSovrath
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,915
    BruceYee said:
    someone has a were-cow fetish
    SovrathSlapshot1188
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,743
    Kyleran said:

Compare to COE, P:RotF is ready for release ;D #poke #jab
    Kyleran
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"