Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenimax Issues Update on Elder Scrolls Online Undaunted Event

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageZenimax Issues Update on Elder Scrolls Online Undaunted Event

Zenimax has issued an update regarding the Undaunted Event in Elder Scrolls Online with some bad news for those looking forward to it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Been playing since launch, EU server stability seems to be getting worse with every patch, they really need to get a handle on this ASAP.

Most events now causing serious issues when they drop.
    AlomarJeroKane
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Guess we will see what Monday brings.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Back when I played this game I really enjoyed it as I leveled my first few characters for the story lines. After reaching max level though the grind for all those championship skill points or whatever they were called just got too grindy for me. I still try to log in every once in awhile though.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    foppotee said:
    Back when I played this game I really enjoyed it as I leveled my first few characters for the story lines. After reaching max level though the grind for all those championship skill points or whatever they were called just got too grindy for me. I still try to log in every once in awhile though.
    Grinding CP is exactly what's good about these events with the double XP... when they work :)

Once you reach the usable CP cap it's pretty trivial to keep up with them since they only go up by 30 every 3 months. You get that 30 by just playing casually without even trying. The grind is only obnoxious if you're a new player and want to reach the cap quickly.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    the combat sucks in ESO, FFXIV combat is much more fun.
    SlyLoKmmolouNanfoodleretiredmjBlueThunderBearAgent_Joseph
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Raquis said:

the combat sucks in ESO, FFXIV combat is much more fun.

That's subjective at best. I find ESO combat skills have more depth, options and group synergies. You can have 2 people playing the same class in ESO and using mostly the same skills and still have 2 different play styles. FFXIV does not even come close to that.
    retiredmjBlueThunderBear
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    The networking framework for this game was doomed from day one.  When they decided to instance every zone they threw scale-ability out the window as a core design process.  You can't go back now and fix this.  This game is not designed as one seamless persistent gameworld its designed as a bunch of small instances hacked together. They took a big shortcut day one which is a shame because they had the money time and resources to do it right.
    AlomarJeroKane
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Victims of their own success. They better get their fixes in fast.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    The EU server has been crashing frequently, for YEARS. For every event. Nobody knows why Zeni won't fix it.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited November 2019
    This game needs to add events 24/7 even if xp gain is only 25-50% and make minor rewards like a loot box with high number of crafting materials or something as extra incentive. Retail WoW did on going events so these guys can too.

What's up with them also not adding any form of farming after all these years since people luv that stuff and seeing as this game is basically all dlc they could just make a farming dlc that gives you a farm where you can grow select crops. It may also be extra reason for people to buy plus for that crafting bag I know I would.