Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

post here if you plan on replying to this post

Vanguard is___________?

Comments

• swiftflowswiftflow Member Posts: 239
    Vanguard is SOE's next victim
  • beautyisinbeautyisin Member Posts: 405
    Vanguard is Overhyped?

• beautyisinbeautyisin Member Posts: 405
    Vanguard is Overhyped?

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Vanguard is a game coming out sometime in the future that I plan to buy and see if I like it or not.

Heh, do I get extra credit if I post it twice. ::::02::

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Vanguard is the next best option in a watered down MMO market.

• Giant_MothGiant_Moth Member Posts: 24
    Vanguard is the future flagship of pve and enviromentinteractive MMORPG's

Formerly known as Royal Arcanist

• WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140

Vanguard is.......

1. The foremost position in an army or fleet advancing into battle.
      1. The foremost or leading position in a trend or movement.
      2. Those occupying a foremost position.

How apropos.

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

Vanguard is not getting good press at E3

Quote "Now let me tell you, it's almost unbearably obvious why MS got rid of this one. Merely looking at the game was a disappointment right off the bat. One of the folks from the development team was trying half-heartedly to explain the game's features, controlling an avatar in a five-man party and clearing some monsters in a keep. All I could do was stare at, what appeared to be, an unattractive and unappealing fantasy MMO world. The character animation seemed stiff and the models were very poor when playing from third person perspective. Most of the areas were practically swimming in gray tones, and well, it's kind of hard to explain. In my humble opinion, the game just doesn't look appealing in the least bit.

Gameplay wise, Vanguard seemed standard in every possible sense. The developer explained to me that there are no instanced dungeons in the game world and that's about it from what I could understand. The interface seemed highly reminiscent of any other MMOG… and that's it. The content itself didn't seem fun to play."

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by _Shadowmage
    Vanguard is not getting good press at E3Quote "Now let me tell you, it's almost unbearably obvious why MS got rid of this one. Merely looking at the game was a disappointment right off the bat. One of the folks from the development team was trying half-heartedly to explain the game's features, controlling an avatar in a five-man party and clearing some monsters in a keep. All I could do was stare at, what appeared to be, an unattractive and unappealing fantasy MMO world. The character animation seemed stiff and the models were very poor when playing from third person perspective. Most of the areas were practically swimming in gray tones, and well, it's kind of hard to explain. In my humble opinion, the game just doesn't look appealing in the least bit.Gameplay wise, Vanguard seemed standard in every possible sense. The developer explained to me that there are no instanced dungeons in the game world and that's about it from what I could understand. The interface seemed highly reminiscent of any other MMOG… and that's it. The content itself didn't seem fun to play."

bad press? care to post all the good press vanguard has received? i can link you at least 3-4 i have read to your one. but i guess if one gaming site gives a game a bad review that = bad press *rolls eyes*

nit picking soe haters make me laugh ::::18::

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

I cant recall ever posting to say I hate SOE.

And if you have good reviews you should certainly post links.

And since laughter is good for you - glad I could help.

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by _Shadowmage
    I cant recall ever posting to say I hate SOE.And if you have good reviews you should certainly post links. And since laughter is good for you - glad I could help.

http://silkyvenom.com there all there including the bad review.

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• Neurox1Neurox1 Member Posts: 260
    Vanguard is DEAD ON ARRIVAL
  • BigpigBigpig Member Posts: 128

Vanguard is spoonfeeding the players what they want to hear Which noone of it will be in game for well over a year

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    Nice link angerr!

Looks like you were right, overwhelmingly positve feedback from the media at E3 about Vanguard.  Thanks for the link.

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473
    LoL, I think the only bad review was formed only on a brief experience and first impressions. The "journalist" didn't really investigate anything. I think it was more of a review against the over saturation of Fantasy MMOs