Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation = Star Citizen 2.0

Shooter564567Shooter564567 Member UncommonPosts: 44
edited November 2019 in Ashes of Creation
Ashes of Creation = Star Citizen 2.0

Go buy more stuff from their cash shop 😂

Their cash shop is more developed than the actual game. 😂
bcbullyValentinadelete5230sumdumguy1goobsnewsRueTheWhirl[Deleted User]Haki88

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    when players are still going to buy crap/pixels from these companies.. you think company will not this?

no regulations... nothing... companies are testing the limits..

players throw money into it..

i blame the players
    Azaron_NightbladeGdemamiRueTheWhirlLTBKDiabhual
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    The only mistake would be to not take advantage of customers who are willing to throw free money at them.

:D 
    NorseGodAzaron_NightbladedeniterRueTheWhirl

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    There is no P2W in AoC shop just fluff, buy it to support or wait for release, simple as that.
  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 63
    edited November 2019
    It's not Star Citizen, it is so much worse. Where as SC can show SOME progress on their actual game and has an alpha as far as I know, Ashes has a battle royale with a couple dozen players at peak time and absolutely nothing beyond that besides mocked-up fluff in Unreal Editor.

Intrepid's alleged CEO(corporate fillings for Intrepid show Steven's husband is actually CEO) was an amazing marketer. But when it came time to actually deliver they failed utterly and then came the mass bans when people began complaining. 

"Don't make me flex" -- Steven Sharif to a player on the discord right before banning them.

You may find this video helpful discussing whether or not AoC is a scam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74qEhTyjrVE&feature=youtu.be
    Post edited by Gigabear on
    GdemamiAsm0deus
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Yes, Intrepid has shown that they are aggressively selling products that they do not have ready, the truth is players don't have to buy them.  

If you don't want to own the stuff, just don't buy it.   Its just that simple.

Also a comparison of Ashes of Creation to Star Citizen is a bit premature.

Star Citizen closed their kickstarter in 2012, Ashes of Creation in 2017.  That's a difference of five years.  SC has been in development for far longer.  Ashes of Creation provided an Alpha 0 test within 72 days of the KS ending.

The irony here is poor poor Gigabear is still making the personal attacks against Steven, but then goes on like 7 tweet tears and rants when anyone makes a personal attack against him.  

The hypocrite is the one who says "don't judge me by my past," but won't let go of yours.   
    MaurgrimValentina
  • loupokamiloupokami Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited November 2019
    jahlon said:
    Yes, Intrepid has shown that they are aggressively selling products that they do not have ready, the truth is players don't have to buy them.  

You're the same kind of idiot that still plays games like Fallout76 aren't you, or still throws money at companies that make games like Archeage? The whole "you don't have to buy it" bs is what's ruining this industry. People like you. People that should be thrown into the sun. Anyone with a brain knows what these "harmless" cash shops eventually turn into. If you like these kinds of inferior "games" that are nothing but cash grabs, go ahead and support them, but don't be surprised when people call you out for being a complete shill or idiot... or both.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]GdemamigoobsnewsRueTheWhirl
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    These companies found a way to fund development. Nothing wrong with that.

Now, what they do with that money and if they develop something is a completely different discussion. Star Citizen has a lot to show at least, but they may continue development indefinitely...
    Kyleran
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    These companies found a way to fund development. Nothing wrong with that.

Now, what they do with that money and if they develop something is a completely different discussion. Star Citizen has a lot to show at least, but they may continue development indefinitely...
    Stop being reasonable, people don't like it on this site.
    Kyleran
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    Gigabear said:
    It's not Star Citizen, it is so much worse. Where as SC can show SOME progress on their actual game and has an alpha as far as I know, Ashes has a battle royale with a couple dozen players at peak time and absolutely nothing beyond that besides mocked-up fluff in Unreal Editor.

Intrepid's alleged CEO(corporate fillings for Intrepid show Steven's husband is actually CEO) was an amazing marketer. But when it came time to actually deliver they failed utterly and then came the mass bans when people began complaining. 

"Don't make me flex" -- Steven Sharif to a player on the discord right before banning them.

You may find this video helpful discussing whether or not AoC is a scam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74qEhTyjrVE&feature=youtu.be
    SC were supposed to be released 2015 nuff sead.
    Remali
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    loupokami said:
    jahlon said:

You're the same kind of idiot that still plays games like Fallout76 aren't you, or still throws money at companies that make games like Archeage? The whole "you don't have to buy it" bs is what's ruining this industry. People like you. People that should be thrown into the sun. Anyone with a brain knows what these "harmless" cash shops eventually turn into. If you like these kinds of inferior "games" that are nothing but cash grabs, go ahead and support them, but don't be surprised when people call you out for being a complete shill or idiot... or both.
    You do realize we are talking about video games, yes?

I'm the kind of "idiot" who plays FO76, and it warms my dark heart to find I am bringing so much misery to others with my "lavish" spending habits. 

This is sure to grind your gears... not only am I a Prime subscriber...I have paid for two copies of FO76....two! 

Maybe it's time to go buy some Atoms to drive the stake home.

:D 
    [Deleted User]ValentinaDiabhual

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Every Kickstarter MMO = SC 2.0 :wink:

KyleranSlapshot1188

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Xodic said:
    If they didn't take advantage of those people, someone else would.
    There are over 7 billion people on Earth, and we're all idiots. The only difference is that some people know it.
    Speak for yourself but 3.5 billion of those are below average intelligence... that's just math :)
    Gdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

loupokami said:
    jahlon said:

I would have responded sooner but I was too busy playing Kingdom Under Fire II.

I do enjoy how somehow you painted it as if I'm the inventor of the F2P micro-transaction monetization model.  You also glazed over the fact that people don't have to buy the cosmetics that Ashes of Creation is making.

If enough people stopped buying them, they'd have to figure something out because its clearly a revenue stream for them.   
    KyleranValentina
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    "Hey I have a good idea for an mmo let's kickstart it" .... months later "Oh no! how come it is so difficult to make the mmo I want? the money is running out" "I know Let's ask for more money" and the cycle repeats, and the end product = turds. (well mostly anyway) and they reply "We did our best, here is your turd that I didn't promise"
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 505
    Ironically of every MMO in development Ashes is the LEAST like Star Citizen.

On the MMO scale ashes is still a baby in terms of development time. The biggest mistake they did was to give people a 2019 beta  release date. I knew it would be heavily pushed back then and I was right. This game is still only like 2 and a half years into development. Compare that to any other MMO in development right now.

In regards to the MTX, welcome to MMOs in 2019. As long as its not pay to win its no skin off my back. I dont buy them.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    jahlon said:

Star Citizen closed their kickstarter in 2012, Ashes of Creation in 2017.  That's a difference of five years.  SC has been in development for far longer.  Ashes of Creation provided an Alpha 0 test within 72 days of the KS ending.

The irony here is poor poor Gigabear is still making the personal attacks against Steven, but then goes on like 7 tweet tears and rants when anyone makes a personal attack against him.  

The hypocrite is the one who says "don't judge me by my past," but won't let go of yours.   
    Star Citizen has a playable game for backers, more than I can say for AoC.
    Gdemami
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 505
    jahlon said:

Star Citizen has a playable game for backers, more than I can say for AoC.
    Star Citizen has been in development for 4x longer. How dishonest can you guys get? 
    NorseGodKyleran
    So I'm sitting here queued up for Apocalypse, and my queue time is probably going to be about six hours if I wait that long. It'll only launch when someone puts enough ALT ACCOUNTS into it to get the EIGHT PERSON BATTLE ROYALE queue to trigger.

And I think to myself, are we not at the point where even the most diehard AoC loyalist can admit this was a catastrophic mistake? Then I see to this day some still defend this design choice.

I am just gobsmacked this mode has not been canceled at this point. Even paying big streamers to give positive reviews didn't help them. It brought in some people, but they all turned right around and left. Mainly due to the CASH SHOP and bugginess early on.

What has the creative director done? Admit the mistake and change course? Unfortunately no. He has instead issued a statement which is the polite version of "F the haters" and declared his intent to continue with this dead mode. I don't think strategy will work for an indie game.
    KyleranGdemami
    Gigabear said:

And I think to myself, are we not at the point where even the most diehard AoC loyalist can admit this was a catastrophic mistake? Then I see to this day some still defend this design choice.

Or the fact they offered an incentive to get to 50 by 31 October, and no incentive to play after that is the reason why the diehard AOC loyalists don't care.  They hit 50 and then left and will be back when Chapter 2 starts.

Now, instead of senselessly bashing them all the time and making your personal attacks on Steven since well, he perma-banned your game account now, you could have pointed out they haven't don't a build update since 23 October and they never bothered to put in the quest text for the week 10 quests. 

That would be the position you be providing negative coverage, but relevant and substantial coverage that isn't a personal attack on them.   
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I've always liked some of the original concepts for this game, especially the growth of nodes over time and what that has the potential of doing for the players' long term attachment to a location and all the PvP with a purpose that can result from that. I've followed the game from a distance primarily for that reason. That's what I want to see and hear more about. It's their secret  sauce.

But this whole thing of jumping into the BR bandwagon as a fund raising side project has always seemed weird and ill timed to me. In 2017 when BR was the new hotness it might have worked somewhat, but this is just too late to cash in on that and frankly I don't care or want to hear or know any more about it.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

jahlon said:
    he perma-banned your game account
    Don't forget he did this for SOCIAL MEDIA, which his community manager explicitly said would not happen. And my dear Jahlon, I've been beating the drums for over a year on Intrepid censorship, do you really think I wasn't fully prepared for such an eventuality? We all knew this was coming unless I stopped talking, and if nothing else is apparent by now, I'll never do that. 

Steven didn't harm me one iota with that ban. What he did was create the first person of note in the community who no longer has to concern with what he thinks of their content. Which isn't to say I'll be dissing on them. But it also means I can skewer sacred cows with impunity. 

Steven no longer gets a vote on my being in the community, or on anything I may choose to say. He gave up that right by essentially ripping me off for a thousand dollars. Not a good look. 
    Gdemami
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:
    he perma-banned your game account
    Don't forget he did this for SOCIAL MEDIA, which his community manager explicitly said would not happen. And my dear Jahlon, I've been beating the drums for over a year on Intrepid censorship, do you really think I wasn't fully prepared for such an eventuality? We all knew this was coming unless I stopped talking, and if nothing else is apparent by now, I'll never do that. 

Steven didn't harm me one iota with that ban. What he did was create the first person of note in the community who no longer has to concern with what he thinks of their content. Which isn't to say I'll be dissing on them. But it also means I can skewer sacred cows with impunity. 

Steven no longer gets a vote on my being in the community, or on anything I may choose to say. He gave up that right by essentially ripping me off for a thousand dollars. Not a good look. 
    Who are you again?
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Really happy I avoided both these games.  
    URMAKER

Who are you again?
    Just some random gamer who got really passionate about AoC, the creative director took a liking to me, and then when I complained about the BR I got "community banned." I then spent a year showing how futile that concept was. I'm discussed constantly on the official discord despite being banned from it for over a year. They think everyone new is me. Can't make up their mind whether I'm the Phoenix Initative member or the new paladin guy. Spoiler alert, I'm neither. 

TLDR, BR drama has created an interesting situation with me which is too complex to explain easily.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]goobsnewstweedledumb99
    edited December 2019
    The doc raised questions as to who is actually CEO. As you well know, the address was extraneous info that should by all rights have been blacked out. You clipped the vid in such a way to make it sound as if I doxed somebody ON PURPOSE to get a benefit. Which is absolutely false. 

And you really need to look up the definition of extortion. And libel while you're at it. Since you're committing it.

Regardless, your attempt to cancel me is hereby rejected. Blame Steven for ignoring his own guidelines and bringing it to the point where something like that was even possible in the first place. You are also not blameless. You continue this crusade against me still. You should know by now I'm not going anywhere, yet you won't let the community move on. Enough of the drama.
    GdemamiKylerantweedledumb99