Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The tears are falling because of phase 2

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    If you knew anything about how pvp works in WoW you'd know that being the underdog faction is better. Alliance will have instant queues while horde wait 1hr+ next phase.
    HatefullIselinKyleran[Deleted User]Octagon7711
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Utinni said:
    If you knew anything about how pvp works in WoW you'd know that being the underdog faction is better. Alliance will have instant queues while horde wait 1hr+ next phase.
    No one's talking about instanced PvP quicky matches. It's world PvP ganking they're whining about.
    Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited November 2019
    kitarad said:
    I cannot understand this in all honesty. Why pack the servers like this? Are servers so expensive?

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/queues-have-to-be-addressed/100353

2.5k queue with layering

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/2k-ques-on-whitemane/362696

2k queue

Nuts I tell you why be this scroogy  about the servers?

Point of order they have fully eliminated all layering per a story over on MassivelyOP.

https://massivelyop.com/2019/11/12/world-of-warcraft-classic-has-all-servers-down-to-one-layer-now/

My guess is they are limiting the number of servers in order to reduce or eliminate the need to consolidate and close servers in the future once the numbers inevitably dwindle.

Iselin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

My guess is they are limiting the number of servers in order to reduce or eliminate the need to consolidate and close servers in the future once the numbers inevitably dwindle.

Yup. To limit the need for future server mergers is the main reason as well as just because they have the tech to make them much bigger now.

That competitive mob tagging though makes the increased pop a royal PITA.
    KyleranOctagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    edited November 2019
    Utinni said:
    The BGs aren't in . This is world PvP and honour system that should come in this week. So you get honour in world PvP so people are going to get farmed like chickens in a coop.

Image result for farmed like chickens in a coop

Oh correction it is releasing in an hour according to the US boards.

Kyleran

kitarad said:
    Utinni said:
    The BGs aren't in . This is world PvP and honour system that should come in this week. So you get honour in world PvP so people are going to get farmed like chickens in a coop.

Probably not in the coop because there's a chance that many chickens pecking at you may inflict a sliver of damage. It's the stray chickens outside the coop that need to worry.
    kitarad

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    The honor system still based on level difference?  Not saying there wont be sick puppies who get their giggles from killing lowbies.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:
    WOW (pun intended) it's like deja vu and we're back in 2005 again. 

I recall back then wondering why in a two faction game devs wouldn't cap each side temporarily until a proper balance was obtained,  at least on PVP servers.

But hey, it is a true classic experience after all.

;)
    People wanted classic, and thats what they got. I dont see a problem. Its exactly what they asked for.
    I think this falls under the "be careful what you wish for" category, too.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    This makes me want to ditch my horde characters and go play alliance on whatever servers are unbalanced. Don't they know if 5x the amount of horde are in queue then alliance queue will only be a few seconds.

Rather than complaining they should try to recruit players from other servers to come fight horde on their servers.

About racials though shadowmeld can be a fight winner for any nelf dps + the dwarf poison racials vs hunter rogue and that free gnome cc remove are all NOT BAD in pvp.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Scot said:
    One appellation is the answer, RvR. Die hard 'open world PvP' players and care bear PvE players will still complain about RvR. 'Not enough PvP' or 'there is PvP, it is too much'!

But for most players it works perfectly well. You have to be careful about putting the likes of questing content in disputed zones, make sure they are PvP quests and so on. But it has and can be done again. As long as you have three factions, you even have the built in balance mechanism of the two factions not doing so well allying against the one doing best. Realm v Realm is self corrective, making for a solid gaming ecosystem.
    Faction pvp in swg was completely optional. So that’s another option. The only complaint you’ll get there is the open world pvp people complaining about not enough people opting in. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Scot said:
    One appellation is the answer, RvR. Die hard 'open world PvP' players and care bear PvE players will still complain about RvR. 'Not enough PvP' or 'there is PvP, it is too much'!

But for most players it works perfectly well. You have to be careful about putting the likes of questing content in disputed zones, make sure they are PvP quests and so on. But it has and can be done again. As long as you have three factions, you even have the built in balance mechanism of the two factions not doing so well allying against the one doing best. Realm v Realm is self corrective, making for a solid gaming ecosystem.
    Faction pvp in swg was completely optional. So that’s another option. The only complaint you’ll get there is the open world pvp people complaining about not enough people opting in. 
    I utterly hated that PvP.  The idea that some guy could jump you and then a few minutes later be "covert" and unattackable while /dancing around you was just ridiculous.  If they wanted to make some folk civilians, OK but toggleable flag systems utterly ruin PvP IMHO.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]bcbully

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Pvp in a mmorpg is just so sad and will always need fixing and tweaking from now till eternity.

The query of why oh why to ANY question.....

If we are making loads of money and people keep giving us money,why do we feel any need to change or improve?Sure Blizzard could add more servers,why,it won't make them more money.

It is not even a matter of servers costing too much,no they don't cost that much considering how many players they would allot per server machine.They have loads of execs/employees that are under the gun to % of profits so nobody inside wants to spend money and lower profits.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I would have rolled on a pve server, but all my friends rolled on the pvp server. I just got to 60 the other day, and knew this shit show would happen once the pvp rewards and system were added.

But I still made the choice knowing all that, and I’ve made my peace with it. Tbh, I’ll probably play way less. I’m not leveling again. That was SUPER AIDS. Super aids, crossed with Ebola, that had a love child with Cancer. I hated every second of it. Doing dungeons with my mates was a blast though. 

Also, being an adult. That gets in the way too. 

I never played WoW back in the day, so this was a novelty to me. A chance to see what all the fuss was about. Not much as it turns out ( in my own opinion), but I guess back then options were much more limited. I can also see why modern mmos, and retail I guess, are the way they are.
    Kyleran
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Just wanted to share my experience from yesterday a bit.

having fun questing with couple friends doing alot of pvp with others around our level who were also questing in the same area.

There was many many fights back and forth between probably 5-8 people all around the same level. It was very fun and felt organic not forced pvp. sometimes we battled sometimes we just killed some mobs for quest then tried to jump each other. i admit was fun.

Then enter the imeliteUcryscrub 60 Rogue one shotting everybody 30 levels lower than him.

Yeah i get it pvp happens and this is the so called " vanilla " experience, put your big boy panties on and deal with it right?

sorry im not a kid anymore to me its just not even worth it. what was fun for 5-8 people was ruined by one person who is probably 40 years old trying to relive his glory days of pvping lower levels in wow like it was the high light of his life.

we moved on to other things because hey there is plenty of quest to do. after about 4 hours i came back to that spot and sure enough the same guy was there 4 hours later one shotting people 30 levels lower than him.

Its kinda funny and sad at the same time.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    DrunkWolf said:

having fun questing with couple friends doing alot of pvp with others around our level who were also questing in the same area.

There was many many fights back and forth between probably 5-8 people all around the same level. It was very fun and felt organic not forced pvp. sometimes we battled sometimes we just killed some mobs for quest then tried to jump each other. i admit was fun.

Then enter the imeliteUcryscrub 60 Rogue one shotting everybody 30 levels lower than him.

Yeah i get it pvp happens and this is the so called " vanilla " experience, put your big boy panties on and deal with it right?

sorry im not a kid anymore to me its just not even worth it. what was fun for 5-8 people was ruined by one person who is probably 40 years old trying to relive his glory days of pvping lower levels in wow like it was the high light of his life.

we moved on to other things because hey there is plenty of quest to do. after about 4 hours i came back to that spot and sure enough the same guy was there 4 hours later one shotting people 30 levels lower than him.

I agree very pathetic that person.
    Kyleran
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    DrunkWolf said:

I agree very pathetic that person.
    But also common enough that it's what I think of as the definitive open world WOW PvP experience. Al it takes is one to annoy many people for hours especially when they have stealth.

It could have been solved years ago by simply giving them a debuff that makes them 10 levels lower than the lowbee they ganked for a couple of hours. Now that would be funny and not sad.
    bcbullyKyleran

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Tears will be falling in phase 3 when horde has to wait in bg queue for ages while alliance have instant access to bg pvp.

As an alliance player on an rp-pve server its going to be exactly like it was 14 years ago, 1 hour queue for a wsg that lasts less than 10 minutes.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Shaigh said:
    Tears will be falling in phase 3 when horde has to wait in bg queue for ages while alliance have instant access to bg pvp.

As an alliance player on an rp-pve server its going to be exactly like it was 14 years ago, 1 hour queue for a wsg that lasts less than 10 minutes.
    They will probably allow cross server battlegrounds and place PvE servers with PvP servers since PvP servers are Horde dominated and most PvE servers have more Alliance. However this time round as you may have noticed there are way more PvP servers than PvE servers making sure that the Horde will be in a queue longer than an Alliance player.
    [Deleted User]

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I rolled on a PvP server because I like PvP, now there is PvP everywhere, so Im happy.  Even though alliance are outnumbered on my server its still fun that everywhere you go every-time you land you need to be ready to fight.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    kitarad said:
    Utinni said:

Yea thats why I said next phase. I'm alliance and I got 29K honor thursday evening, on a 65/35 horde dominated realm.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Utinni said:
    kitarad said:
    Utinni said:

Yea thats why I said next phase. I'm alliance and I got 29K honor thursday evening, on a 65/35 horde dominated realm.
    Are there published faction numbers somewhere?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited November 2019
    This is quite funny the forums now have a petition asking players to unsubscribe until Blizzard does something about the overcrowding and the faction imbalance. What is Blizzard supposed to do, force people to play Alliance?

To some extent the fact that they decided to pack way more players in a server is definitely making the situation worse but how can you force players to leave and go and play on another server.

[Deleted User]IceAgeAxxar
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    This is quite funny the forums now have a petition asking players to unsubscribe until Blizzard does something about the overcrowding and the faction imbalance. What is Blizzard supposed to do, force people to play Alliance?

To some extent the fact that they decided to pack way more players in a server is definitely making the situation worse but how can you force players to leave and go and play on another server.

Let's say that in both Vanilla and Classic, you have a 40% alliance / 60% horde repartition.

In Vanilla, you had 3000 players per server, in Classic 15000.

In Vanilla it was then 1200 allies vs 1800 hordies, a difference of 600 players.
    In Classic, it's 6000 allies vs 9000 hordies, a difference of 3000 players.

Yes, the massive increase in server population makes things exponentially worse.
    That is exactly it. 

Someone pointed out they didn't want to have to merge the servers and such and released a limited number and packed the servers but the quality of the experience you get while playing is definitely being affected by this ill advised decision. 

The forums are a reflection of the unhappiness that is clearly evident.

Once, when may be a few flight masters were being killed now it is a larger number simply because so many more can afford to do it and have the numbers to continue to harass the players. While they keep on insisting this is what PvP is. I really do not think this is what PvP is about. Overwhelming people to the point that they just leave or log off and perhaps not return is destructive in the end. No restraint absolutely and none to be found, it is merciless. Even when they don't earn any points they keep on killing them.

I feel bad for the players who come on the forums and complain.
    AxxarbcbullyKyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    cheyane said:
    cheyane said:

Let's say that in both Vanilla and Classic, you have a 40% alliance / 60% horde repartition.

In Vanilla, you had 3000 players per server, in Classic 15000.

In Vanilla it was then 1200 allies vs 1800 hordies, a difference of 600 players.
    In Classic, it's 6000 allies vs 9000 hordies, a difference of 3000 players.

Yes, the massive increase in server population makes things exponentially worse.
    That is exactly it. 

Someone pointed out they didn't want to have to merge the servers and such and released a limited number and packed the servers but the quality of the experience you get while playing is definitely being affected by this ill advised decision. 

The forums are a reflection of the unhappiness that is clearly evident.

Once, when may be a few flight masters were being killed now it is a larger number simply because so many more can afford to do it and have the numbers to continue to harass the players. While they keep on insisting this is what PvP is. I really do not think this is what PvP is about. Overwhelming people to the point that they just leave or log off and perhaps not return is destructive in the end. No restraint absolutely and none to be found, it is merciless. Even when they don't earn any points they keep on killing them.

I feel bad for the players who come on the forums and complain.
    The forums ( in general ) , on a wPvP game, are full of "unhappy ( entitled )" players.

You feel bad for players who complain?! Why? Everyone who knows Vanilla, knew damn well what wPvP "looks" like in WoW, yet .. they rolled on a PvP server. 

I just read a forum post about a level 32 Priest saying : 

Why rush P2 to cater to the No-Lifers? The game is unplayable for us who didnt hit 60. The servers Horde-Ally on most servers is a joke. 4:1 5:1. Some people have work and families, we cant spend all day rushing to 60. Next time write a warning text before I sub: If you dont hit 60 before November 13th the game is unplayable, especially if you roll alliance.

He's level 32 after almost 3 months and he's crying over "no-lifers"?! 

Listen, if you are not lvl 60 by now, seems that you are (very) causal and/or you are taking your time. Is fine, play as you want, BUT go on a PvE server to enjoy the slow-peace leveling. Why rolling on a PvP server when you have like 1-2 hours a day to play?!? 

Having the same "excuse" like : job, family, kids, cats to feed is very pathetic from my point of view. 

If you play online games ( MMOs in particular ), then we are talking about ..competition here and you'll never be able to "catch up" . especially with few hours a day to play. 

PS: Yes, yesterday I was killed like 10 times by "skull" players on my Druid alt, even if they didn't get any honor points by doing so. It's .. frustrating , somehow, but guess what i'll do? Exactly, i'll kill every red I see, no matter his level. Welcome to wPvP !
    Kyleran

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Its not the game,
    People are "not" rolling Horde because of racials, their doing it because they like Horde.  No one will play an entire game just because of one "weak" ability and maybe a passive. 

You could roll a level one character and use the social panel to check populations of that side even at LEVEL 1...... Then decide to stay or not.